Sidney Jones Highest Rated CB in NFL - 1st 5 Weeks (PFF)

philafan4o8

Didn’t take long for Mr. Charmin to suffer yet another injury.  Jones knocked out of today’s game with a back injury.  

If anything I hope both Jones and Douglas keeps playing well, so that is another excuse to FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE jimmy SHORTZ

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The more I watch other teams the more I realize how much our offense sucks too ... not just the defense.  And that isn’t just related to all the injuries.  The scheme / play design are just uncreative and boring and certainly does not get the best out of his players (just like Schwartz’s scheme on D).   We really need a change at both coordinator positions.  Doug’s biggest strength?   He gets his players (well most of them) to play hard for him.  To reach our full potential he needs to hire a legit OC and give up full control of the offense to him.  

Oh I do agree with you. I watch other offenses around the league and you see teams who get easy yards. They get guys wide open and they get chunks of play that almost seem effortless. You don't see that with this team. You see a team that has to go max effort it feels on every single play. You can't do that on every play and every week without stutters and stops.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Didn’t take long for Mr. Charmin to suffer yet another injury.  Jones knocked out of today’s game with a back injury.  

Yup, that's why I bumped this thread with my post. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I am Shocked! SHOCKED I TELL YOU!!

...or maybe not.

In any event, I hope she's not seriously injured.

• Haha 2

On 10/13/2020 at 9:17 PM, uncphillyfan said:

Bring in Leveon. Getting nothing from Scott and Clement. Nothing

This Eagles should let Holyfield have one of those two roster spots, we need a physical runner and he's our best bet.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:30 AM, wyote said:

Seems to me that was more true a few years ago than it is now. 

My guess on Jones is that Schwartz never wanted him, Howie saw the draft value and talked Schwartz into giving him a chance, and Schwartz was never really interested in giving him that chance, especially with the injuries. So now Jones goes somewhere else, someone with no axe to grind gives him time, and if he stays healthy he'll probably be a decent starting CB. 

It seems to me that Howie and Schwartz don't work together well based on how many baffling moves have been made on defense over the past few years. I'd guess Schwartz doesn't like Howie having the power that he does, and Howie is stuck trying to placate Schwartz. Seems to match both men's personalities. Each of them would probably be happier (at least initially) if the other one got fired. If Doug could have whatever he wanted, he might have both of them fired at this point, although maybe he's too kind to think that ruthlessly. 

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them fired within the next few months. Who knows what the soap opera is. 

They don't have to fire Gym Shorts - his contract is up - they don't seem to be making an effort to extend him.