1-14-1

xxeaglesfanxx

This record is seeming more and more likely. They fought hard today towards the end but too little too late. Can they even beat the Giants who will be riding high from getting their first win?

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

We'll win 3 more games before the end of the year. 4 tops

Good enough to win the east and pick at 19 or 20. Whatever the hell it is now with this weird playoff format.  

• Sad 1

They're going to go 1-14-1, but they just almost pulled a tie with perhaps the second best team in the NFL out of their butts with guys that should be on a road crew fixing 676 on the right side of the line and receivers that don't understand how to catch the ball? 

I want them to lose games and think you're reaching. They'll screw up into 4 wins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Can they even beat the Giants who will be riding high from getting their first win?

If we lose to the Giants there's some serious problem on the team.

26 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

However, that is a very real possibility. The division games are always tough and they just won their first game of the season....but we shall see

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I think they'll end up with at least a non-losing record assuming some of our players actually return. 

In order for the Eagles to just have an "non-losing record” they would have to go 7-3 against the Packers, Cardinals, Saints, Seahawks, Browns, WFT, Giants, and Cowboys. Do you really see 7 wins there? 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

In order for the Eagles to just have an "non-losing record” they would have to go 7-3 against the Packers, Cardinals, Saints, Seahawks, Browns, WFT, Giants, and Cowboys. Do you really see 7 wins there? 

I can see them getting 5 wins in this crummy division alone. I don't see any other unbeatable teams on that list. We were 1 play away from tying the score late today with a thoroughly depleted roster. We will be getting some better players back. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I can see them getting 5 wins in this crummy division alone. I don't see any other unbeatable teams on that list. We were 1 play away from tying the score late today with a thoroughly depleted roster. We will be getting some better players back. 

I don’t see 5 game sweep for the division here. If they do it’s almost a lock for the playoffs though. This Ravens game was highly deceiving. Both teams left plays on the field but the Ravens left the Eagles in this game with so many penalties killing their own drives. Two close losses are not wins, and on top of that when they get these people back (other than Lane I’m not sure I even want them) who gets benched for them? Fulgham and Ward are giving all they got. Who goes to the bench for them. Brooks, and Seumalo are pretty much gone. You bringing back JP over Mialata? I don’t know if you noticed it or not, but it hasn’t been a case of this team simply waiting for guys to come back, because while they’re waiting the injuries just keep piling on. They’re never going to be healthy. They haven’t been for 4 years running now.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t see 5 game sweep for the division here. If they do it’s almost a lock for the playoffs though. This Ravens game was highly deceiving. Both teams left plays on the field but the Ravens left the Eagles in this game with so many penalties killing their own drives. Two close losses are not wins, and on top of that when they get these people back (other than Lane I’m not sure I even want them) who gets benched for them? Fulgham and Ward are giving all they got. Who goes to the bench for them. Brooks, and Seumalo are pretty much gone. You bringing back JP over Mialata? I don’t know if you noticed it or not, but it hasn’t been a case of this team simply waiting for guys to come back, because while they’re waiting the injuries just keep piling on. They’re never going to be healthy. They haven’t been for 4 years running now.  

I'll put anybody in the game over Brown today at RG. If Mailata is holding his own at LT, and we still need help at RG, guess who spent TC there? Obviously I'm not taking Fulgham out. But I sure wouldn't mind a guy that hasn't dropped 3 of his last 4 passes playing most of the snaps at Z. I'm not sure why you brought up Ward since he's the leading candidate at slot. I'd also love to have Lane back at RT. I'd love to have Edwards back, Goedert back, Seumalo back, Reagor back, Maddox back. Even though Jeffery's absence has led to the discovery of Fulgham, I think Jeffery can come in and help somewhere. I don't know how many snaps DJax can play on offense the rest of the year, but drops have never been an issue for him. 

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I'll put anybody in the game over Brown today at RG. If Mailata is holding his own at LT, and we still need help at RG, guess who spent TC there? Obviously I'm not taking Fulgham out. But I sure wouldn't mind a guy that hasn't dropped 3 of his last 4 passes playing most of the snaps at Z. I'm not sure why you brought up Ward since he's the leading candidate at slot. I'd also love to have Lane back at RT. I'd love to have Edwards back, Goedert back, Seumalo back, Reagor back, Maddox back. Even though Jeffery's absence has led to the discovery of Fulgham, I think Jeffery can come in and help somewhere. I don't know how many snaps DJax can play on offense the rest of the year, but drops have never been an issue for him. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing Goedert or Seumalo back and it would be nice to get rid of the Hightower drops. I don’t know what the new rules are with IR so I’m not sure how many of these guys they can actually bring back. I do think it’s important to know that other than Jeffery they had all those guys you mentioned and still won one game basically. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Goedert or Seumalo back and it would be nice to get rid of the Hightower drops. I don’t know what the new rules are with IR so I’m not sure how many of these guys they can actually bring back. I do think it’s important to know that other than Jeffery they had all those guys you mentioned and still won one game basically. 

Every player can come off IR once during the season. They are eligible to come off after 3 weeks. 

With Howie drafting it doesn't matter where we pick. We'll be disappointed when he over reaches and doesn't take the sure pick.

I'd rather watch games where they try and watch Howie waste mid round picks than watch him try to out do Gettleman with the 2nd overall pick of a project QB cause we're a QB factory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

We'll win 3 more games before the end of the year. 4 tops

wait until we get mathematically eliminated -- then we'll rattle off 3-4 wins to push our draft position from #3 overall to #16

• Like 2

We will beat Danny Pennies once for sure 

The guys out there are obviously not good enough...but it feels like they are getting better and more importantly they refuse to quit no matter how bad it looks like during the game, so it is not really difficult to root for them despite the pain it brings. I have decided for once just to enjoy the season and root for whoever employer of the Lincoln Field stadium gets on the field and enjoy every good play we manage to produce...We can't expect much from this season

11 hours ago, EagleVA said:

It’d take a loss to the Giants to figure that out???

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stinkfist said:

They're going to go 1-14-1, but they just almost pulled a tie with perhaps the second best team in the NFL out of their butts with guys that should be on a road crew fixing 676 on the right side of the line and receivers that don't understand how to catch the ball? 

I want them to lose games and think you're reaching. They'll screw up into 4 wins. 

This division is so pathetic the Eagles could go 5-10-1 and that may be good enough to win the division (and lead an outcry for the NFL to go to NBA-style playoff seeding so a team with that bad a record can never host a playoff game).  

11 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Washington beat us pretty easily with Reagor, Jackson and Goedert, and more than one O Line starter playing, the idea we're going to sweep the division now we might have one or two of them available is a little hard to swallow.  Even with a fully fit roster I don't see us beating Dallas twice, with the roster in the state it's in, we may beat the Giants twice (although they've looked to be picking up as much as we have last two games) and Washington because Rivera isn't under pressure to win now and is likely at the stage he's just running through his roster seeing who's worth keeping when he gets to the end of the season. I don't see us matching up well with any of the out of division opponents unless the Browns fall back to being the Browns.

Ultimately even with a fully fit roster we're still a mediocre football team because our defense is awful and our offense is less than the sum of its parts, Yesterday was a good effort but Baltimore were sloppy and the offense dug the team a hole it couldn't climb out of in the first half. We aren't always going to get the benefit of the first and the second happens more or less every game on one side of the ball or the other. 

5 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Washington beat us pretty easily with Reagor, Jackson and Goedert, and more than one O Line starter playing, the idea we're going to sweep the division now we might have one or two of them available is a little hard to swallow.  Even with a fully fit roster I don't see us beating Dallas twice, with the roster in the state it's in, we may beat the Giants twice (although they've looked to be picking up as much as we have last two games) and Washington because Rivera isn't under pressure to win now and is likely at the stage he's just running through his roster seeing who's worth keeping when he gets to the end of the season. I don't see us matching up well with any of the out of division opponents unless the Browns fall back to being the Browns.

Ultimately even with a fully fit roster we're still a mediocre football team because our defense is awful and our offense is less than the sum of its parts, Yesterday was a good effort but Baltimore were sloppy and the offense dug the team a hole it couldn't climb out of in the first half. We aren't always going to get the benefit of the first and the second happens more or less every game on one side of the ball or the other. 

The Eagles played very poorly vs Washington in the opener. They didn't beat us easily, but they did teach us a lesson. 

I understand where you're coming from. There has been "bad" from the Eagles in every game so far. It's easy to believe based on the past that outcomes and trends won't change, but will actually continue. That is the "safer bet" after all. Adversity can do 1 of 2 things to a team. It can destroy them or it can bring them together. This team is no stranger to adversity over the last few seasons. We have seen them come together each year through it. We see them fighting through it again this year. So when I look at our situation, I'm seeing something (positive) developing. It doesn't bother me if you want to write that off as wishful thinking on my part. 

We can lose to any team left on this schedule and we can beat any team left on this schedule. Games will continue to come down to mistakes by one team or the other, but that's how football has always been. That's not something new for 2020. 

If we would stop spotting teams 7, 14, 21 points in the first half, we might actually win several games. There are some serious coaching deficiencies on this team

GB looked entirely beatable, as did the Saints. We should be able to handle anyone in the division besides Dallas. We proved yesterday that at least we can score almost 30 when need be.

I never expected much from this season but right now I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride. The problem is, they are just very painful to watch in the first half.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Madriver said:

If we would stop spotting teams 7, 14, 21 points in the first half, we might actually win several games. There are some serious coaching deficiencies on this team

GB looked entirely beatable, as did the Saints. We should be able to handle anyone in the division besides Dallas. We proved yesterday that at least we can score almost 30 when need be.

I never expected much from this season but right now I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride. The problem is, they are just very painful to watch in the first half.

It's unfortunate that we never seem to get a full 60 minutes from either the offense or defense.  And completely agree about the coaching deficiencies - Schwartz needs to be replaced going into 2021 and Doug needs to hire a strong OC and hand off play calling duties.  

• Like 1