1-14-1

xxeaglesfanxx

I’m thinking more like 5-10-1. They’ll beat the Skins the second time around, beat the Giants twice, and take one against Dallas. That would likely have them somewhere between pick #5 and #10

I think it's a realistic possibility

IF we do then Howie better be gone. Don't want Howie with that pick

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Every player can come off IR once during the season. They are eligible to come off after 3 weeks. 

Miles Sanders out 2 weeks. Ertz out 4 weeks. You still seeing a 5 game sweep of this division and 7 wins? 

1-14-1 is fine with me only because it accelerates the inevitable rebuild a little.

5 hours ago, nipples said:

I’m thinking more like 5-10-1. They’ll beat the Skins the second time around, beat the Giants twice, and take one against Dallas. That would likely have them somewhere between pick #5 and #10

I think they'll split with the giants and beat the browns. Buy yea... comes out the same record 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Miles Sanders out 2 weeks. Ertz out 4 weeks. You still seeing a 5 game sweep of this division and 7 wins? 

Miles Sanders is probably the bigger loss this season because the O-line is changing weekly, is the probably the best blocking HB on the team and is the most explosive as well. Even if Sanders has no holes to run through on 3 out of 4 run calls, he might break a huge run. Ertz' injury probably makes it impossible to trade him if that was an option before the deadline, but this hasn't exactly been his best year and we can survive a week or two until another couple receiving targets return from their injuries. Wentz is comfortable throwing to Ward and Fulgham in any situation. Rodgers has managed to stay healthy thus far and he (unlike Jamom Brown) is a serviceable backup that can catch. If all we had at TE is Rodgers, I bet he'd put up Chad Lewis numbers. To answer your question, my outlook hasn't changed. 

Assuming Jackson doesn't play Thursday, I won't be surprised if both Fulgham and Hightower have good games. Hightower is beating people with his speed. The Giants aren't the Ravens or Steelers and I expect Wentz to have a little more time to throw on average. That should help. Guys are getting open --- we just need to give Wentz  enough time to find them and enough room to step into his throws. 

9 hours ago, nipples said:

Or the highest pick of teams making the playoffs.  The way the Cowboys are playing tonight (Monday), 5-10-1 might actually WIN the NFC East. 

Record of teams the Cowboys beat before tonight was 2-10.  It was 0-10 before yesterday. 

Watching how bad this division is it’s going to look like the Eagles could win it with 5-6 wins. 

🙃😄😝 

I am not sure if that record of 1-14-1 is awful or awesome.

Awful because.......holy jesus they stink!!

Awesome because......top draft pick!!

There's no way that we don't win another game this year. We still have 5 division games against 3 truly awful teams. We win so least 2 of those games if not more. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Watching how bad this division is it’s going to look like the Eagles could win it with 5-6 wins. 

That's what will happen, and the team will get high on their own farts all off season and persuade themselves they don't need major surgery because they'd have been contending without the injuries, and we'll draft a boom or bust prospect speedball DE at 17 with top O Line, Linebacker and Receiver talent still on the board and then we'll start slowly and just about creep over .500 next season with same godawful secondary and patchwork OL and finally Lurie will do what he should've done at the end of this season and sort out the scouting and talent evaluation. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

That's what will happen, and the team will get high on their own farts all off season and persuade themselves they don't need major surgery because they'd have been contending without the injuries, and we'll draft a boom or bust prospect speedball DE at 17 with top O Line, Linebacker and Receiver talent still on the board and then we'll start slowly and just about creep over .500 next season with same godawful secondary and patchwork OL and finally Lurie will do what he should've done at the end of this season and sort out the scouting and talent evaluation. 

Yep! They will convince themselves that they could have won a couple more games if they didn't suffer some injuries, a few more if they hardly suffered any injuries. Yet here we are and this is 3 or 4 years where this team has suffered a large number of injuries. Why? Because the team is ageing and some players on this roster have always had injury problems so why would that all of a sudden change?

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Everyone is back and no real charges are made.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yep! They will convince themselves that they could have won a couple more games if they didn't suffer some injuries, a few more if they hardly suffered any injuries. Yet here we are and this is 3 or 4 years where this team has suffered a large number of injuries. Why? Because the team is ageing and some players on this roster have always had injury problems so why would that all of a sudden change?

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Everyone is back and no real charges are made.

You guys crack me up. Not intentionally, but ... Holy crap

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You guys crack me up. Not intentionally, but ... Holy crap

giphy.gif

You crack me up too bud. Never saw someone so excited for a receiver who can’t catch or a team that can’t win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You crack me up too bud. Never saw someone so excited for a receiver who can’t catch or a team that can’t win.

Here here! I'm with you there bud. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah. I'm really crazy how I haven't given up on a player I wasn't excited about drafting in the first place. My patience is an unrealistic virtue. Nobody should be given more than a year to grow as a player --- especially a day 1 or 2 pick!!!11! I'm delusional to think someone can improve or that this team could improve. How can we improve when we have a 38 year old on the roster and a 41 year old on the Ppractice squad. We are obviously doomed and I just can't see it. Crazy .. crazy me. The nerve of me to root for my team when I should be demanding they tank!

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah. I'm really crazy how I haven't given up on a player I wasn't excited about drafting in the first place. My patience is an unrealistic virtue. Nobody should be given more than a year to grow as a player --- especially a day 1 or 2 pick!!!11! I'm delusional to think someone can improve or that this team could improve. How can we improve when we have a 38 year old on the roster and a 41 year old on the Ppractice squad. We are obviously doomed and I just can't see it. Crazy .. crazy me. The nerve of me to root for my team when I should be demanding they tank!

I find this all pretty hilarious. Keep it up bud. 😂
Oh and please make another analysis very soon on how JJAW didn’t make the catch. I find this most humorous. 😂

On 10/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, nipples said:

It's almost like we're playing hearts with the rest of the division. Everyone trying to win the least amount of games but someone ends up eating the queen, hosting a playoff game and a pick around 20th.

12 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't think anybody is demanding they tank, but this team needs a major infusion of new talent, and winning this division as the shiniest poop on the steaming pile of the NFC East, would be nothing more than a palliative and if it saves certain peoples jobs is an active hindrance to getting that new talent in..

If anything my view is even bleaker, we either win the division with a godawful record and end up picking mid teens, or we have a top 5 draft pick in a draft that because of hold outs and cancellations is even more of a crap shoot than usual, in those circumstances I want a solid football guy making the pick.

6 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I don't think anybody is demanding they tank, but this team needs a major infusion of new talent, and winning this division as the shiniest poop on the steaming pile of the NFC East, would be nothing more than a palliative and if it saves certain peoples jobs is an active hindrance to getting that new talent in..

If anything my view is even bleaker, we either win the division with a godawful record and end up picking mid teens, or we have a top 5 draft pick in a draft that because of hold outs and cancellations is even more of a crap shoot than usual, in those circumstances I want a solid football guy making the pick.

Sorry ... I just don't buy the notion that losing makes the future better. I would rather take my chances with winning.

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Sorry ... I just don't buy the notion that losing makes the future better. I would rather take my chances with winning.

But do you not buy in to the notion that a play off appearance perhaps gives a false impression and that makes it more likely that major changes won't be made? Because I do. 4 play off seasons in a row gives a false impression that people are doing a decent job. The reality is every year since the SB we have gotten worse.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But do you not buy in to the notion that a play off appearance perhaps gives a false impression and that makes it more likely that major changes won't be made? Because I do. 4 play off seasons in a row gives a false impression that people are doing a decent job. The reality is every year since the SB we have gotten worse.

Sometimes when reading your replies, it's almost as if you believe your stance is universal and that there's no way another fan could possible not want major changes. I don't think we need major changes. Winning football games is not a "false impression." That's what I want to see. We are 1-4-1 at the moment. Obviously, that is bad. So ... I want to see this team turn things around. What I do not want is to see this team "fail" so that I can pretend some future team will win the Super Bowl. 

Even if we fired everybody in the FO, all the coaches, and traded away every player for draft picks and entered the next 3 seasons with 7 1st rd picks, 10 2nd rd picks and 62 other picks and cleared enough cap space to be $150 million below the cap for the following 4 or 5 years so we could sign every FA we wanted, there is no guarantee we make it to or go undefeated in the postseason. Remember the Buffalo Bills team that made 4 straight Super Bowl appearances? Remember the perfect NE (16-0) team that lost to the NYG (10-6) in the super bowl? Remember the "rematch" a few years later when NE (13-3) lost to a 9-7 team?

There's a saying that is always true: "That's why we play the games."