1-14-1

xxeaglesfanxx

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Sometimes when reading your replies, it's almost as if you believe your stance is universal and that there's no way another fan could possible not want major changes. I don't think we need major changes. Winning football games is not a "false impression." That's what I want to see. We are 1-4-1 at the moment. Obviously, that is bad. So ... I want to see this team turn things around. What I do not want is to see this team "fail" so that I can pretend some future team will win the Super Bowl. 

Even if we fired everybody in the FO, all the coaches, and traded away every player for draft picks and entered the next 3 seasons with 7 1st rd picks, 10 2nd rd picks and 62 other picks and cleared enough cap space to be $150 million below the cap for the following 4 or 5 years so we could sign every FA we wanted, there is no guarantee we make it to or go undefeated in the postseason. Remember the Buffalo Bills team that made 4 straight Super Bowl appearances? Remember the perfect NE (16-0) team that lost to the NYG (10-6) in the super bowl? Remember the "rematch" a few years later when NE (13-3) lost to a 9-7 team?

There's a saying that is always true: "That's why we play the games."

No hang on I am just making my point like you are making yours!

I don't understand how you can think that a team that looks so bad can turn things around so much?

Of course there is no guarantees in the NFL! Only one team can win the SB each year and some very good teams miss out every single year. But trying to fool ourselves that keeping with the FO and coaches we have right now is a mistake in my opinion. How can anyone defend Howie? I simply can not understand that one at all. I can understand a defense of Doug, a defense of Schwartz, I can understand most balanced arguments! What I can't understand is a defense of Howie. He is the main culprit for the mess that this roster finds itself in. Changing GM doesn't guarantee that we find the right guy to replace him straight away, what it does do though is gives us a chance of turning things around. Nothing is going to turn around with Howie as GM. He can't draft for ish and the only way out of this hole is to start drafting better.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No hang on I am just making my point like you are making yours!

I don't understand how you can think that a team that looks so bad can turn things around so much?

Of course there is no guarantees in the NFL! Only one team can win the SB each year and some very good teams miss out every single year. But trying to fool ourselves that keeping with the FO and coaches we have right now is a mistake in my opinion. How can anyone defend Howie? I simply can not understand that one at all. I can understand a defense of Doug, a defense of Schwartz, I can understand most balanced arguments! What I can't understand is a defense of Howie. He is the main culprit for the mess that this roster finds itself in. Changing GM doesn't guarantee that we find the right guy to replace him straight away, what it does do though is gives us a chance of turning things around. Nothing is going to turn around with Howie as GM. He can't draft for ish and the only way out of this hole is to start drafting better.

Injuries are the main culprit for the "mess." Injuries are not something that can be controlled. All you can do is try to be prepared (through depth) when they happen.

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Injuries are the main culprit for the "mess." Injuries are not something that can be controlled. All you can do is try to be prepared (through depth) when they happen.

Injuries are also a main culprit yes. But tell me who signed Desean? Who gave Alshon that god awful contract? Who brought back JP again? And not just brought him back but paid him more when we needed him to play LT? Who kept Ertz around despite the fact he was disgruntled and there seems no intention of giving him a long term contract? Who brought back Curry again? And then released a young DE (Toohill) in order to reinstate Curry to the roster? Injuries are a culprit but a lot of the supposed key injuries are to players who shouldn't be on this roster. That is on Howie for not drafting well enough to replace these guys.

On 10/18/2020 at 7:29 PM, EazyEaglez said:

In order for the Eagles to just have an "non-losing record” they would have to go 7-3 against the Packers, Cardinals, Saints, Seahawks, Browns, WFT, Giants, and Cowboys. Do you really see 7 wins there? 

WFT- 1

Giants-2

Cowboys-2

Browns - 1

The above are very possible. If I had to pick a 7th Cards possibly.

Packers may be a bit over rated. 

Not likely but possible.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Injuries are also a main culprit yes. But tell me who signed Desean? Who gave Alshon that god awful contract? Who brought back JP again? And not just brought him back but paid him more when we needed him to play LT? Who kept Ertz around despite the fact he was disgruntled and there seems no intention of giving him a long term contract? Who brought back Curry again? And then released a young DE (Toohill) in order to reinstate Curry to the roster? Injuries are a culprit but a lot of the supposed key injuries are to players who shouldn't be on this roster. That is on Howie for not drafting well enough to replace these guys.

Nobody complained about the Jeffery contract in March 2017. If fact, the 1-year deal was considered a steal and his acquisition along with the T. Smith signing allowed Agholor to settle in at slot. It was evident by December that Jeffery was critical to this team going forward and he was rewarded with the extension before we even won the Super Bowl. Nobody, not 1 fan here complained about that deal. Fast forward to a dropped pass late in the 4th quarter in the playoff game vs the saints and then to a blown out of proportion allegation about a "criticism" --- and all of a sudden fans don't want him and the deal was "awful." Whatever ...

I was totally on board with the Jackson trade after watching us struggle without a deep threat in 2018. I expected him to miss a few games, not virtually the entire season. His contract was reasonably priced. To this point, the move hasn't worked out, but Jackson can still help us this year if he can get on to the field. 

Injuries forced the JP move. I agree he didn't look so great at LT so far, I think he can still play better than that. Now we might need him back at RG. Just out of curiosity, have you ever asked Mailata how important JP has been to his growth?

I would take Curry, a productive and cheap backup that can rush and defend the run and can take snaps inside and out, providing depth across the line over a 1 trick pony DE with no experience that will be available to bring back at some point later in the season (after Washington waives him). 

Ertz ... seriously. Why did we keep one of our biggest offensive weapons who is playing on a contract that is fair to both parties? The answer is in the question.

Every move is turned into a gripe for you because "Howie must go." 

Just now, brkmsn said:

Nobody complained about the Jeffery contract in March 2017. If fact, the 1-year deal was considered a steal and his acquisition along with the T. Smith signing allowed Agholor to settle in at slot. It was evident by December that Jeffery was critical to this team going forward and he was rewarded with the extension before we even won the Super Bowl. Nobody, not 1 fan here complained about that deal. Fast forward to a dropped pass late in the 4th quarter in the playoff game vs the saints and then to a blown out of proportion allegation about a "criticism" --- and all of a sudden fans don't want him and the deal was "awful." Whatever ...

The 1 year deal wasn't the issue! And I am certainly not holding the 4th quarter dropped pass against him. In fact I had completely forgotten about that play. The deal was an awful deal because it tied us in for longer and means we are now stuck with him. A player that has had injury issues throughout his career and who hasn't produced a great deal for this team since that SB victory.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I was totally on board with the Jackson trade after watching us struggle without a deep threat in 2018. I expected him to miss a few games, not virtually the entire season. His contract was reasonably priced. To this point, the move hasn't worked out, but Jackson can still help us this year if he can get on to the field. 

Think it is time to take the L on Jackson. He didn't contribute last year, he hasn't contributed this year and he can't stay healthy. He's the wrong side of 30 and is a player who has always suffered with injury problems. Bringing Jackson in last year wasn't a major issue, keeping him as the teams main deep threat this year was.

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Injuries forced the JP move. I agree he didn't look so great at LT so far, I think he can still play better than that. Now we might need him back at RG. Just out of curiosity, have you ever asked Mailata how important JP has been to his growth?

Injuries forced the JP move? How about giving Mailata a go first? And not just in practice but in games. Because Mailata has played a lot better than JP at LT. Bringing JP back was fine at RG, giving him more money (because he demanded it) to move to LT was a weak move.

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I would take Curry, a productive and cheap backup that can rush and defend the run and can take snaps inside and out, providing depth across the line over a 1 trick pony DE with no experience that will be available to bring back at some point later in the season (after Washington waives him). 

Again though, bringing Curry back was a move they felt they had to make because Howie can't draft for ish. If Howie could draft then bringing Curry back wouldn't have been necessary. If they hadn't drafted and then had to cut Miller then maybe we could have had a DE #4 that could contribute!

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Ertz ... seriously. Why did we keep one of our biggest offensive weapons who is playing on a contract that is fair to both parties? The answer is in the question.

A disgruntled employee? Who is acting like a bish? That's why he should have been traded. Now we can say that with hindsight but the reality is why keep a player who isn't in your long term plans? Why not get a draft pick for him?

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Every move is turned into a gripe for you because "Howie must go." 

And every move is defended by you and you absolve Howie of any blame. The fact we have had to bring back so many ageing injury prone players and rely on them is because Howie can not draft. That is the reality of this roster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greend said:

WFT- 1

Giants-2

Cowboys-2

Browns - 1

The above are very possible. If I had to pick a 7th Cards possibly.

Packers may be a bit over rated. 

Not likely but possible.

Yeah I don’t see a divisional sweep, and you’re underestimating the Browns. You’re saying the Pack is overrated and right now we don’t even know what players will even be there for the Eagles on a series to series basis the way they get hurt. To assume this team could win seven out of ten is a major stretch. 

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That’s not the issue. No one is talking about his original 1 year deal, or the extension he signed later that same season. What’s being talked about is the re-working of his contract about a year or so ago that essentially guaranteed much of his base salary and made him impossible to release, and near impossible to trade without significant cap ramifications. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s not the issue. No one is talking about his original 1 year deal, or the extension he signed later that same season. What’s being talked about is the re-working of his contract about a year or so ago that essentially guaranteed much of his base salary and made him impossible to release, and near impossible to trade without significant cap ramifications. 

I’ll add when Howie decided to make that move the majority of the fan base had soured on Jeffery. Howie basically gave him hush money and if didn’t work.

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ll add when Howie decided to make that move the majority of the fan base had soured on Jeffery. Howie basically gave him hush money and if didn’t work.

He had also been building up an injury list with us by then if I'm not mistaken. That didn't help matters either.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He had also been building up an injury list with us by then if I'm not mistaken. That didn't help matters either.

Plenty of reasons why Howie did not have to guarantee his contract making him virtually unable to be traded and then trying to trade him all year. It was a terrible move by the GM. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It was a terrible move by the GM.

This could also be changed to. 

"It was another terrible move by the GM."

Or

"It was one of all many terrible moves made by the GM."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Ok I’ll change my prediction to 2-13-1 lol

Just go ahead and start a new thread. This one has run its course.

5 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Ok I’ll change my prediction to 2-13-1 lol

And next week to 3-12-1? 😉 And then after the bye to 4-11-1? 😉

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And next week to 3-12-1? 😉 And then after the bye to 4-11-1? 😉

There are scenarios where the Eagles actually WIN the division at 4-11-1!  That's how sickening this year is!

39 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

There are scenarios where the Eagles actually WIN the division at 4-11-1!  That's how sickening this year is!

And how bad this team is and how bad this division is.