Pederson needs to go.

Vman1968

16 hours ago, Swoop said:

This team very clearly likes playing for him and continues to fight hard for him and for each other.

I pretty much agree with you here but Doug might want to consider letting someone else gameplan and call the plays, there's no shame in that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToDie4Eagles said:

Horrible play call on the game ending 2 point conversion.

Never forget it was FOLES that called for the Philly Special on 4th down in the Super Bowl.  Doug just okayed it.  

Hire Foles as head coach?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They have garbage on defense,

The DL is playing well, I'm surprised they didn't run out of gas today, now the the LBs and secondary needs some attention for sure.

6 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I think he meant the last one

The first was just as bad, not because it failed but rather the idea of attempting it was crazy to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FitzIsAtTheAirport said:

Hire Foles as head coach?

Foles is too busy leading his team to the playoffs

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Maybe. My point was he is gonna have more rope from Lurie than this season. Especially since the Covid stuff.

Isn’t every team dealing with Covid? Bill O’Brien was dealing with Covid too 

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The DL is playing well, I'm surprised they didn't run out of gas today, now the the LBs and secondary needs some attention for sure.

The LBs on this team are flat out trash. Most teams practice squad LBs are better. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

Except that no one will play hurt.  And what makes you think they like playing for him?  They like getting paid. But I don’t see anyone going above and beyond for Doug. 

That's false, though. Slay has played hurt. Ertz (until this season) has played hurt. Cox has played hurt. Peters is always hurt and usually plays. Lane Johnson has played hurt. Wentz played with a broken back. I'm not going to criticize young guys/rookies for not playing when we don't know enough about them yet nor am I going to hold Doug accountable for someone like Jackson for missing time when he has his entire career and has been shown to quit. 

To your second point, once a guy gets paid it's somewhat common for them to become a little lax. They obviously like playing for him, because they rallied around him when the chips were down to win a SB. They rallied around big injuries in 2018 to get within a catch or two from the NFCCG. They rallied around him with a gross amount of injuries to get into the division. They have continued to fight this season (including today) despite the comical amount of injuries and literally nothing going their way.

This team doesn't quit, even if they're down big.

23 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Actually they made Doug fire his last group of coaches and pushed the staff he has now on him. That's why Doug is pissed and there have been multiple reports about 

Link?  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vman1968 said:

Isn’t every team dealing with Covid? Bill O’Brien was dealing with Covid too 

Bill O'brien hasn't won a recent SuperBowl. Against the GOAT QB and coach with a backup QB. That buys you a couple of bad seasons. 

I like Doug as a head coach but I sure wish he would do 3 things:

1. Give up the play calling just once to see if someone else can do it better

2. Stop going for 2 or 4th down attempts early in the game and just take the damn points when they are there to be had

3. Get a single damn OC and ditch this Fing committee BS

I prefer a CEO type head coach that puts the right people in place and lets them do their jobs. He can then concentrate on the team as a whole and manage the game much more effectively IMO. When the HC wants to be the OC and play caller he all too often leaves the rest of the team rudderless and you get crap results. It's just too many things to juggle at the same time for most to pull it off.

• Like 4

Considering the drek they’re putting out there on the offensive line it’s a miracle this team scored 29 and 28 points against two of the better teams in football. What’s completely unacceptable is this defense giving up 37 points to the Rams, 38 points to the Steelers, and 30 points to the Ravens. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Bill O'brien hasn't won a recent SuperBowl. Against the GOAT QB and coach with a backup QB. That buys you a couple of bad seasons. 

I think we are learning Doug had a lot of help.  I real OC for one and a QB coach that worked well with wentz.  Pederson has no creativity in his play calling at all.  And the team doesn’t get started until the game is 2/3 over.  

2 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

2. Stop going for 2 or 4th down attempts early in the game and just take the damn points when they are there to be had

I prefer a CEO type head coach that puts the right people in place and lets them do their jobs. He can then concentrate on the team as a whole and manage the game much more effectively IMO. When the HC wants to be the OC and play caller he all too often leaves the rest of the team rudderless and you get crap results. It's just too many things to juggle at the same time for most to pull it off.

He won a Super Bowl and we all will be forever grateful.  But clearly he thinks he’s smarter than he his. 

We won our first championship since 1960 with Doug as the head coach, of course it's very true that you can't live in the past and you have to keep progressing, but I personally waited 42 (or so) years for the Eagles to win a championship... I'm not willing to give up on him so quickly after that glorious season and since that season, we haven't missed the playoffs. We very well may (most likely will), this season, but rewind your memories back to 2015 and Chip Kelly, that's where we were before Doug was hired.

I'm not happy with losing, but I wrote this NFL season off before they even went to training camp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vman1968 said:

Move along 

Lol. I posted the original thread. Scrub

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s here for at least another season. Several coordinators will go but Pederson will get another go of it.

4 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Dude with 4 posts telling regulars to move along.  Hilarious.

That guy is a scrub

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering the drek they’re putting out there on the offensive line it’s a miracle this team scored 29 and 28 points against two of the better teams in football. What’s completely unacceptable is this defense giving up 37 points to the Rams, 38 points to the Steelers, and 30 points to the Ravens. 

All you gotta do is look at how much of this year’s cap is spent on offense vs defense and you’ll get your answer for why the defense is sucking. 

He doesn’t need to go... yet... but he obviously needs to improve. fora starters, stop going for two every goddamned time. I can’t see any reason to go for 2 in the first half. It’s like he can’t even see how difficult it is for us to get points... and he’s just throwing them away... 

More than anything, the absolutely ridiculous amount of injuries we’ve had are mostly to blame. I’m trying to remember a season we’ve had so many key injuries... it’s absolutely staggering at this point... we need a bye week in the worst way. Instead, we’re playing on Thursday.