Pederson needs to go.

Vman1968

6 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

I like Doug as a head coach but I sure wish he would do 3 things:

1. Give up the play calling just once to see if someone else can do it better

2. Stop going for 2 or 4th down attempts early in the game and just take the damn points when they are there to be had

3. Get a single damn OC and ditch this Fing committee BS

I prefer a CEO type head coach that puts the right people in place and lets them do their jobs. He can then concentrate on the team as a whole and manage the game much more effectively IMO. When the HC wants to be the OC and play caller he all too often leaves the rest of the team rudderless and you get crap results. It's just too many things to juggle at the same time for most to pull it off.

Agree with all of this. 

I'd also like to see him bring in someone to work with Wentz like Flip used to. It seems like his technique has gotten sloppy after Frank and Flip left. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mr-Bueno said:

He doesn’t need to go... yet... but he obviously needs to improve. fora starters, stop going for two every goddamned time. I can’t see any reason to go for 2 in the first half. It’s like he can’t even see how difficult it is for us to get points... and he’s just throwing them away... 

More than anything, the absolutely ridiculous amount of injuries we’ve had are mostly to blame. I’m trying to remember a season we’ve had so many key injuries... it’s absolutely staggering at this point... we need a bye week in the worst way. Instead, we’re playing on Thursday. 

At least we get 10 days going into a Sunday night game against Dallass in a battle for the NFC Beast number one spot :flex:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

At least we get 10 days going into a Sunday night game against Dallass in a battle for the NFC Beast number one spot :flex:

I think you meant NFC Least :lol:

• Haha 1

If Doug did get let go, I suspect the Jets would immediately look to have him take over where he would be under no immediate pressure following what has been a debacle with Adam Gase to where barring a miracle, Gase will be fired.  Joe Douglas is there and much of the team as was constructed was done by his predecessor, Mike MacCagnen (sp?).  

I'd rather he just get rid of the committee of OCs and get one legit OC

If Lurie does let go of Howie and Doug then I'd like to get Bieniemy for HC

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I don't think anybody else needs to go. What we need is to start getting people back. 

--- edit --- when we get some or all of our RGs back, Brown can go ...

Hopefully Pryor is activated from the Reserve/COVID list and can play.  If not they only have one other guard on the roster ... Opeta (and they have none on the PS that they can call up).  But I'm not sure they'd consider a switch with a short week anyway.  

I’m going to go to the other side of the 2 point conversion debate and say that I think it makes sense to go for it EVERY time unless it’s a situation where you need one to tie or go ahead at the end of the game. 

The Eagles converted on 57% of two point attempts in 2019. 71% in 2018. 54% in 2017. 
Historically over the past three seasons, they convert more often than they don’t. So that means you’re coming away with more points overall going for two every time at those rates than you would be if you just kicked an extra point each time... then you can also factor in that Elliott has only made 94.4% of his XP kicks in his career, so that makes the gap in points gained even more in favor of the 2-pt conversion. 

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd rather he just get rid of the committee of OCs and get one legit OC

If Lurie does let go of Howie and Doug then I'd like to get Bieniemy for HC

I'd want Bieniemy too. He is going to be wanted in a lot of places. Would have to get on him early if they want him.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I’m going to go to the other side of the 2 point conversion debate and say that I think it makes sense to go for it EVERY time unless it’s a situation where you need one to tie or go ahead at the end of the game. 

The Eagles converted on 57% of two point attempts in 2019. 71% in 2018. 54% in 2017. 
Historically over the past three seasons, they convert more often than they don’t. So that means you’re coming away with more points overall going for two every time at those rates than you would be if you just kicked an extra point each time... then you can also factor in that Elliott has only made 94.4% of his XP kicks in his career, so that makes the gap in points gained even more in favor of the 2-pt conversion. 

This all day. Analytics support this 100%. 

Doug should stay, but they obviously need a change to their defensive scheme. Team also needs to draft better, and somehow has to hire Chip Kelly as health and fitness manager 😄

• Haha 1

Doug isn't the problem. I mean I don't recognize half the team from week to week because of all the injuries. Worst WRs and OL in football, TEs are now all injured, Miles Sanders has missed time but Doug has kept his team battling. These aren't the Jets, Texans, or Falcons. Could you imagine if we had Calvin Ridley and Julio Jones?

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I want no parts of Beiniemy. 
Trust me, I like the guy, i think he's doing a great job in KC. But I'm over this Andy Reid tree. 

Outside of Mcdermot I dont like any of them. 

What about in 2018 when this team was healthy and the offense was stale, boring, and middle of the pack

2019 same thing as 2018.

This offense fell off a cliff after Reich left. Not saying it was all reich, or defilip, or whatever, but this offense BLOWS. 

What can you reasonably expect from this roster? What if we had a decent OL and WRs? Maybe Doug and Wentz would have this offensive really going. I'm not dumping on Doug this year. Really Howie and Jim should be on the hot seat if anyone is.

Doug needs to stay. 

I mean we had 9 starters out on offense and still pushed the Ravens, who have been the best regular season team over the past two years, to the limit.

The injuries on this team have been horrific for the past 4 years, SuperBowl win included. Doug still has them competing every week. 

Now do I think we need a proper OC. Yes. Do I think we need to actually invest in the D with some young talent. Yes. But Doug is the man for me at HC. He's not perfect but he gave us our first Super Bowl and two playoff appearances the following years despite horrendous injuries. Get off his back.

Who's decision was it to go without OC? Would Doug rather be OC than HC? Because if he keeps going in this direction, he'll be OC, just not with the Eagles.

This team has been in a steady decline since the Super bowl. No signs of improvement , and same issues every year.   Its not just Dog that needs to be gone. Team needs to be gutted and rebuilt. 

7 hours ago, nipples said:

This team, at this point, is nowhere near the same level of talent or consistency as those teams in years prior.... I’d also like to throw in that we should’ve just taken the FG instead of going for it on 4th down when we were on the 20 with less than 2 mins left in the half. Going into halftime 17-3 is better than 17-0. And yes, I know Elliot missed a 52 yard FG, but chances are, he wouldn’t have missed a 38 yarder...

9 hours ago, time2rock said:

Hopefully Pryor is activated from the Reserve/COVID list and can play.  If not they only have one other guard on the roster ... Opeta (and they have none on the PS that they can call up).  But I'm not sure they'd consider a switch with a short week anyway.  

That was a brutal 1st appearance for him. I wasn't expecting a Pro Bowler, but with his experience, I was expecting serviceable. That was a mess. Hopefully he doesn't like being embarrassed and is motivated to perform better if we need him to play again. I still remember when Strahan abused Runyan. Runyan didn't allow that to be a recurring theme. 

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That was a brutal 1st appearance for him. I wasn't expecting a Pro Bowler, but with his experience, I was expecting serviceable. That was a mess. Hopefully he doesn't like being embarrassed and is motivated to perform better if we need him to play again. I still remember when Strahan abused Runyan. Runyan didn't allow that to be a recurring theme. 

Runyan was special.  I still miss that guy.  

I think Doug is putting himself in a really tricky position. 

He's not calling good games and at times that is hurting the team. But he isn't going to hand over play calling duties which could ultimately cost him his job. 

I think there are things that Doug does well. I think he has that emotional intelligence and he clearly inspires his team to rally and fight until the very end. Those are good qualities to have of course! But the play calling is a real issue.

I know Doug can occasionally make some bad calls, but let’s put this into perspective. First this dude has been to the playoffs three straight years, and has won a super bowl, and an additional playoff game with a backup quarterback. That’s with a team that has been ravaged by injuries the last four years. Conversely everyone would say that even with the Eagles starters they’re not as talented as the Cowboys, but that team lost their quarterback and don’t even look like they have a chance to beat an Eagles team that at this moment has only two offensive starters from week one. So the truth is either Howie is so good that his backup players are just as talented as his starters or Doug is so good that despite the lack of durable and talented players given to him by his GM he still find ways to make this team competitive.