One positive........

Uscg-green

Even being in the bottom of the league we are a HARD out. We do not get blown out. We compete. Losing sucks but we play tough and don't give up. That gives me hope for a fast turnaround. 

• Like 1

There it is. The delusion that this is a good team cause they fight hard. No sweeping changes need to be made starting with talent evaluators. Howie keeps flubbing the draft and all of his big choices keep getting injured or they flat out under perform. Beating up on worse teams than the Eagles will have you all talking silly again. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

There it is. The delusion that this is a good team cause they fight hard.

I don't think there's delusion there. This team does fight and it does play hard despite being a flawed and a bad team. 

• Like 2

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think there's delusion there. This team does fight and it does play hard despite being a flawed and a bad team. 

Yeah we saw the same stuff last season too. They would get down big, fight back, and lose. Then they went on a run against the worst division in football and fools started talking about MVP and Super Bowls. We have been here before. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The delusion that this is a good team cause they fight hard

Please point out where I said good team? I even said bottom of the league team didn't I?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's a bad team with a good mentality. Unlike the Jets that are bad and probably will remain so. I think we will come out faster. 

35 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Top line backer in the draft and we're good

Eagles don’t prioritize linebackers. Might need to dump Howie first.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Draft position improved.

I hope they don’t win another game.  And then I hope they fire howie before the draft so the team can hire a real football person to start the rebuild with the first overall pick.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Definitely yes. Although the franchise’s lack of value in linebackers even predates Howie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

Top line backer, corner, safety, wr, two guards, LT, DE, RB in the draft and we're good

FYP

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think it needs to be a twofer, Howie and Schwartz but Schwartz is probably already on his way out, we just have to wait for the end of the season. If Howie were to re-up Schwartz then it's time for pitchforks and torches. I don't expect to be completely rid of Howie but removing him from personnel would fix the biggest problem. I don't know if Lurie will do that or not.

44 minutes ago, DBW said:

hope they don’t win another game

See this I could never do. I always root for my team to win. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

Well axe Howie and coaches.

I'm on my way

8DB8B6E6-36C2-4D01-86A5-D8EBC86CB53C-2539-0000050D973D66C1.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Definitely yes. Although the franchise’s lack of value in linebackers even predates Howie. 

Yeah I know it’s like once they got rid of Carlos Emmons and Trotter it was never the same. Still you would think they would realize that strong linebacker play was a huge part of their super bowl team. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I think it needs to be a twofer, Howie and Schwartz but Schwartz is probably already on his way out, we just have to wait for the end of the season. If Howie were to re-up Schwartz then it's time for pitchforks and torches. I don't expect to be completely rid of Howie but removing him from personnel would fix the biggest problem. I don't know if Lurie will do that or not.

I was reading some tweet the other day about Schwartz’s defenses in the past and how they all seemed to have nearly 100 tackle season linebackers on the squad. Don’t get me wrong I still think Jim needs to go, but the Eagles move at linebacker seems to be more driven to a lack of financial flexibility thanks to poor contract decisions by the GM. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I know it’s like once they got rid of Carlos Emmons and Trotter it was never the same. Still you would think they would realize that strong linebacker play was a huge part of their super bowl team. 

Still waiting for you to point out where I said this was a good team........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Right. They don't need Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher types, but they damn sure need something better than what they've got.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I was reading some tweet the other day about Schwartz’s defenses in the past and how they all seemed to have nearly 100 tackle season linebackers on the squad. Don’t get me wrong I still think Jim needs to go, but the Eagles move at linebacker seems to be more driven to a lack of financial flexibility thanks to poor contract decisions by the GM. 

It depends on how much say Schwartz has about defensive personnel. Maybe not much when it comes to drafting, dunno.

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Even being in the bottom of the league we are a HARD out. We do not get blown out. We compete. Losing sucks but we play tough and don't give up. That gives me hope for a fast turnaround. 

Is this you Howie??? 4 more years of Howie drafts is not what Eagles need.!

2 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Top line backer in the draft and we're good

Howie will search for one in the 7th round.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Is this you Howie??? 4 more years of Howie drafts is not what Eagles need.!

Absolutely not. He is horrible at drafting. I was done the second he wasted the second round pick. Now his skills at contracts and the cap? Sure. 

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Right. They don't need Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher types, but they damn sure need something better than what they've got.

Guys who don’t miss easy tackles would help. Gerry against the Ravens just looked horrible out there. Taylor and Bradley look very inexperienced. If they want to put the kids out there fine. They’re going to go through their lumps, but it just seems better than watching Gerry play flag football out there. At least he finally got a pass defense though so here’s to all that optimism spewing. 

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Still waiting for you to point out where I said this was a good team........

Bruh you were one of those delusional people who were saying Wentz should have been MVP last season cause he beat up on 3 NFC East teams that were ready to go on vacation. 😂🤣😂🤦🏾‍♂️