I'm still not ready to pack it in!

Portyansky

Don't care if we win the division with 6 wins! Dont care if we're one and done after that. I never give up on this team! I anticipate us getting players back after the bye. Depending what happens tonight. Thursday can be for 1st. And the following week the same. Then we're into our bye. 

2020 has been weird. So who knows. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! And neither will our team as we saw yesterday. 

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm waiting to see how Dalton looks. He better be able to get into shootouts if the girls have a prayer this year. That defense is historically bad.  If he sucks I think we can take it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Don't care if we win the division with 6 wins! Dont care if we're one and done after that. I never give up on this team! I anticipate us getting players back after the bye. Depending what happens tonight. Thursday can be for 1st. And the following week the same. Then we're into our bye. 

2020 has been weird. So who knows. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! And neither will our team as we saw yesterday. 

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

Admirable faith and one of the bright spots is that this team hasn't packed it in like they did during Chip Kelly's last year. We might be seeing the emergence of young players that would never have seen the field if not for all the injuries. Lord knows we need some young talent.

• Like 1

I just don't think we'd get past the wildcard round. Getting the division would drastically change the draft spot too. I just want to see the young guys play well and the Oline not get Wentz killed. I don't think Lurie would fire Howie(what I want to happen) if we get the division

25 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

Did we Quit after Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!!!!

• Haha 1

Don’t you worry. This crap sandwich of a season will have the Eagles in it all the way to the end. Heck they might even make they playoffs. That’s when reality will hit you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 wins and a division title doesn’t give us a high draft pick which this team desperately needs.  I’ll root for them to be in the top 5.  That would give them a decent shot of drafting a quality player.  It’s hoping for them to be good in the future so That still makes me a fan, right? 

You should be hoping they suck. Then some change will have to happen in the off-season. Worse case, Eagles end up late teens or early 20s. That would be a nightmare.

4 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

All you guys that want a high draft pick... why?? Howie will just screw it up anyway.

Maybe so but at least I can be excited about a high pick. Plus with a bad record Howie and Doug regime will be close to the end...

10 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

All you guys that want a high draft pick... why?? Howie will just screw it up anyway.

Ding ding ding.

They btch (rightfully) in one thread about how awful our draft picking is. But then they don't want us to win because they want draft picks? Lol

The sad thing is people would rather get all excited for a draft pick over I dunno watching their team win back to back Division titles. They want the draft pick to what? Help win division titles. It's really nonsense. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

My hope is Lurie fires Howie and the new GM gets to fix the team with the high draft pick

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

My hope is Lurie fires Howie and the new GM gets to fix the team with the high draft pick

I don't want Howie fired. I want him out of the draft room. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

We're heading to cap hell largely because of him. He just doesn't have any redeeming qualities left. He just doesn't seem to be the "Cap Wizard" he used to be. A fresh change is needed.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I want him gone. He's not the cap genius we thought he was. He was just kicking the can down the road and getting emotional with contracts

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We're heading to cap hell largely because of him. He just doesn't have any redeeming qualities left. He just doesn't seem to be the "Cap Wizard" he used to be. A fresh change is needed.

I don't think Lurie is going to fire him ... 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I don't think Lurie is going to fire him ... 

I don't either, but I really don't think the necessary changes will happen until Howie is fired.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Everyone says this. The higher the pick, the better chance that there's a true talent. You don't take marcus smith 12th overall. You don't take Danny Watkins 10th overall. You make those stupid picks in the 20s when you're trying to outsmart everyone when there is no sure-fire talent on the board. 

At those higher draft positions there are more talented players, less chances to make a stupid decision like they tend to do. More prime talents across the board. Mid 20s you don't see a ton of premium DEs and DTs. Not many premium OTs. Stud linebackers.

"bUt wHAt aBOuT tEh bRoWNz, jets, dolphins?!?!" When our organization is as bad as theirs you can compare them. Our last two picks in the top 10 were lane and wentz. That is the type of player we need right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

You should be hoping they suck. Then some change will have to happen in the off-season. Worse case, Eagles end up late teens or early 20s. That would be a nightmare.

Yep because Howie would still be in charge of the draft.

I never really want the team to flat out lose or give up. That would be sickening. 

16 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Yep because Howie would still be in charge of the draft.

I never really want the team to flat out lose or give up. That would be sickening. 

Who said he wouldnt be in charge? If the eagles somehow end up in the top 5 there is little risk they draft someone that bad unless they go QB. The top 3 non-qb prospects right now are Penei Sewell, Ja'Marr Chase and Micah Parsons. Hard to mess that up. I'm sure if anyone can mess it up Howie can but at least top 5 pick brings some excitement.

No worries 4 wins and a tie prolly will win the division. Just need to go 3-2 against the rest of the worst division in football to host a playoff game at the linc.

How appropriate would it be that this COVID riddled 2020 NFL season had a team win a division with a 5-10-1 record, win, at home, the wild card round game, go and win a divisional round game, and then win an NFC Championship game? 

The to top off this bat sh-- crazy year, win a super bowl and finish the football season with a 9-10-1 record??

5 hours ago, devpool said:

Everyone says this. The higher the pick, the better chance that there's a true talent. You don't take marcus smith 12th overall. You don't take Danny Watkins 10th overall. You make those stupid picks in the 20s when you're trying to outsmart everyone when there is no sure-fire talent on the board. 

At those higher draft positions there are more talented players, less chances to make a stupid decision like they tend to do. More prime talents across the board. Mid 20s you don't see a ton of premium DEs and DTs. Not many premium OTs. Stud linebackers.

"bUt wHAt aBOuT tEh bRoWNz, jets, dolphins?!?!" When our organization is as bad as theirs you can compare them. Our last two picks in the top 10 were lane and wentz. That is the type of player we need right now.

Yep.  I wanted them sellers at the deadline dumping whatever cap space they can for next year. They need a high pick and to suck enough that ownership realizes that real changes need to be made.

• Like 1

We are going to win the division I have little doubt about that. We had a good chance before Dak got hurt and now we are likely favorites.

We can win the division with 5 wins which is a joke but it is what it is.