I'm still not ready to pack it in!

Portyansky

10 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

How appropriate would it be that this COVID riddled 2020 NFL season had a team win a division with a 5-10-1 record, win, at home, the wild card round game, go and win a divisional round game, and then win an NFC Championship game? 

The to top off this bat sh-- crazy year, win a super bowl and finish the football season with a 9-10-1 record??

I am all in on that. Why the F not?

I mean the friggin Giants won the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We're heading to cap hell largely because of him. He just doesn't have any redeeming qualities left. He just doesn't seem to be the "Cap Wizard" he used to be. A fresh change is needed.

Because every GM in the league was running on narrow margins in anticipation of a pandemic wrecking advertising money and the cap, right?   We were absolutely fine before the pandemic.  And we'll manage after, too. 

24 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

Because every GM in the league was running on narrow margins in anticipation of a pandemic wrecking advertising money and the cap, right?   We were absolutely fine before the pandemic.  And we'll manage after, too. 

That's actually a really valid point. I honestly think we fans just are sick of crappy draft picks.

1 hour ago, IFB DOG said:

They were headed that way before the pandemic because Howie got emotional with some of these signings and moving money around guaranteeing salaries on ishty players like a Jeffery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

That's actually a really valid point. I honestly think we fans just are sick of crappy draft picks.

If you win employee of the year three years ago and then are mediocre to poor from that moment on you shouldn’t keep your job, because you were the best a long time ago. 

6 minutes ago, Godfather said:

They were headed that way before the pandemic because Howie got emotional with some of these signings and moving money around guaranteeing salaries on ishty players like a Jeffery

I would much rather have not signed Jeffery to an extension nor brought in DeSean Jackson. And my post history will reflect that.  However, the team is still in a position to move forward without "gutting the roster". 

You can ALWAYS move money later.  There are so many ways to circumvent the cap by modifying bonus structure.  It literally never comes due, no matter how much people want to talk about it. The player will get his money and the team will move on just fine. 

19 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

I would much rather have not signed Jeffery to an extension nor brought in DeSean Jackson. And my post history will reflect that.  However, the team is still in a position to move forward without "gutting the roster". 

You can ALWAYS move money later.  There are so many ways to circumvent the cap by modifying bonus structure.  It literally never comes due, no matter how much people want to talk about it. The player will get his money and the team will move on just fine. 

They moved money around last year trying to save a few mil with Jeffery and it bit them in the arse. They could've moved on from goin last offseason. The Graham contract is about to get ugly. Another emotional move by Howie. Even before this pandemic the Eagles were project 27 mil over the cap I believe. I'm sure someone has the true number. 

I won't say the Brooks extension was bad but it's a little concerning with 3 major injuries last couple years. Hopefully he can stay healthy for here on out

Four 8-8 teams went to the SB and two of them won.... we can win this division and have a chance, that’s all that’s needed.... let’s go!!! It ain’t over till it’s officially over Go Eagles. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Don't care if we win the division with 6 wins! Dont care if we're one and done after that. I never give up on this team! I anticipate us getting players back after the bye. Depending what happens tonight. Thursday can be for 1st. And the following week the same. Then we're into our bye. 

2020 has been weird. So who knows. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! And neither will our team as we saw yesterday. 

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

I would say this is all wishful thinking, except... I am with you. Every year, until my Eagles are mathematically eliminated, there is hope. This is the worse they can do, pretty much- and yet they still fight hard. A little better play calling, a little better health team wise, a little luck... and who knows what might happen. 
7dzOnZ.gif.94b584fa00c784dd540734e4cedd0143.gif

• Like 3

Don't care if we win the division with 6 wins! Dont care if we're one and done after that. I never give up on this team! I anticipate us getting players back after the bye. Depending what happens tonight. Thursday can be for 1st. And the following week the same. Then we're into our bye. 

2020 has been weird. So who knows. I WILL NOT GIVE UP! And neither will our team as we saw yesterday. 

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

I'm with you my friend. This team has been absolutely destroyed by injuries, but we still nearly beat one of the NFL's best teams. Get in the playoffs and you have a chance. Everyone said we were hopeless in 2018, but we made the playoffs and if Brooks doesn't get hurt or Jeffery makes that catch, we may well be in the Championship game - and neither the Rams nor Pats were unbeatable.

Tomorrow is not promised. This has been a messed up year and I'm hoping this team can do some damage.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you win employee of the year three years ago and then are mediocre to poor from that moment on you shouldn’t keep your job, because you were the best a long time ago. 

🙄

A good corporation does not get rid of someone that did well just because they had a bad year or two. If they won an award, that meant at one point they were better then everyone else which is hard to do. They would want to try to recapture that and would put effort into repairing the employee. Do you know who fires an employee like that? Terrible corporations that end up going under after a period of time.

Besides that this is a silly analogy. You cant compared a low level employee winning an award to an NFL executive.

The smart move for the Eagles would be to take the off season to evaluate, identify the problems and try to resolve them. If the problems all point internally to Howie and the prudent move is to fire him, then be it. You dont just fire someone because of a couple of bad years after winning a Super Bowl. You fire him because it just doesnt work anymore or the environment has become toxic.

However the draft is going to be a complete mess for all NFL teams next year. I dont think getting rid of Howie would be a prudent move until 2022.

Just now, pallidrone said:

🙄

A good corporation does not get rid of someone that did well just because they had a bad year or two. If they won an award, that meant at one point they were better then everyone else which is hard to do. They would want to try to recapture that and would put effort into repairing the employee. Do you know who fires an employee like that? Terrible corporations that end up going under after a period of time.

Besides that this is a silly analogy. You cant compared a low level employee winning an award to an NFL executive.

The smart move for the Eagles would be to take the off season to evaluate, identify the problems and try to resolve them. If the problems all point internally to Howie and the prudent move is to fire him, then be it. You dont just fire someone because of a couple of bad years after winning a Super Bowl. You fire him because it just doesnt work anymore or the environment has become toxic.

However the draft is going to be a complete mess for all NFL teams next year. I dont think getting rid of Howie would be a prudent move until 2022.

The problem is Howie. Waiting to act on it just give him longer to screw it up. Furthermore it’s not as if Howie’s new here. He’s been in the organization screwing up drafts and free agent signings for years. Waiting till 2022 is just stupid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The problem is Howie. Waiting to act on it just give him longer to screw it up. Furthermore it’s not as if Howie’s new here. He’s been in the organization screwing up drafts and free agent signings for years. Waiting till 2022 is just stupid. 

That is according to you, a complete outsider making a decision based off of incomplete data.

What is the feeling in the building? What is the analytics of draft success for the Eagles compared to the rest of the league?

On top of that, how much say did Howie give Joe Douglas, who is now in charge of that absolute train wreck of team in NY?

All you guys that want a high draft pick... why?? Howie will just screw it up anyway.

Because it’s more difficult to screw up the pick the higher you are in the draft. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I just don't think we'd get past the wildcard round. 

If everybody is healthy, Wentz gets hot, and the defense continues to play the way they're playing now (good against the run) they have a decent shot of winning it all.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

If everybody is healthy, Wentz gets hot, and the defense continues to play the way they're playing now (good against the run) they have a decent shot of winning it all.

Deary me have we reached that stage of delusion already?

😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Because it’s more difficult to screw up the pick the higher you are in the draft. 

"Hold my beer" -Howie Roseman

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Portyansky said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMED PEARL HARBOR?!?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, eglz1 said:

Admirable faith and one of the bright spots is that this team hasn't packed it in like they did during Chip Kelly's last year. We might be seeing the emergence of young players that would never have seen the field if not for all the injuries. Lord knows we need some young talent.

We very well may stumble into the playoffs due to being a part of a historically bad division - I don't expect anything to come of a postseason berth (but stranger things have happened).  The one silver lining of this season is, as you stated, a bunch of young players getting valuable play time that could expedite their development and potentially better prepare them for larger future roles.  The other positive is that, even with only 1 win in what is a most depressing season thus far, these players are still playing hard (well, most ... ahem Ertz).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Deary me have we reached that stage of delusion already?

😁

Wait, wut? We still have a bandwagon fan? We must tank the season now!!!

My head almost imploded. I was like, "Did we just inherit a Cowboys fan? Yep, I think we did.".

2 hours ago, nipples said:

This

On 10/19/2020 at 6:30 PM, Portyansky said:

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

I want to see Carson get through and maybe even win his first playoff game