I'm still not ready to pack it in!

Portyansky

On 10/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, Mike030270 said:

I just don't think we'd get past the wildcard round. Getting the division would drastically change the draft spot too. I just want to see the young guys play well and the Oline not get Wentz killed. I don't think Lurie would fire Howie(what I want to happen) if we get the division

That's the primary reason to not want a division win, that Roseman and Pederson will both be back, although I have a feeling that Lurie will write off 2020 to the virus and all the distractions regardless of the final record.

I would be surprised if the Eagles don't win the division at something like 6-9-1 or 7-8-1.         This is a historically bad division, worse than I can ever remember.         Usually there is at least one decent team, but this is a joke.           It's almost like the first team to six wins gets the prize, and the Eagles are the best of a very bad bunch with Prescott out.

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

That's the primary reason to not want a division win, that Roseman and Pederson will both be back, although I have a feeling that Lurie will write off 2020 to the virus and all the distractions regardless of the final record.

I would be surprised if the Eagles don't win the division at something like 6-9-1 or 7-8-1.         This is a historically bad division, worse than I can ever remember.         Usually there is at least one decent team, but this is a joke.           It's almost like the first team to six wins gets the prize, and the Eagles are the best of a very bad bunch with Prescott out.

DP will not be fired anytime soon. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, Traveler Vic said:

Did we Quit after Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!!!!

Don't butcher a great line....and I haven't gone through the thread yet....I'm sure some idiot on here already corrected you saying it was Japan....lmao

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 1:28 PM, pallidrone said:

That is according to you, a complete outsider making a decision based off of incomplete data.

What is the feeling in the building? What is the analytics of draft success for the Eagles compared to the rest of the league?

On top of that, how much say did Howie give Joe Douglas, who is now in charge of that absolute train wreck of team in NY?

It’s funny on how long Howie’s been here yet so many people seem to think he’s had no real say on anything. I’ll put it like this. If Joe Douglas had the power you assume he had then he’d still be here and not with the Jets. 

22 hours ago, Portyansky said:

"Hold my beer" -Howie Roseman

There’s a pro golfer out there that Howie just knows could become a middle linebacker. 😂

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s funny on how long Howie’s been here yet so many people seem to think he’s had no real say on anything. I’ll put it like this. If Joe Douglas had the power you assume he had then he’d still be here and not with the Jets. 

There is a difference between giving someone a say in things and having no say.

Howie has final say in things, it does not mean that he did not allow people to run certain departments autonomously.

You guys make it seem like Howie is doing all the scouting, the contract work, setting up the draft board, checking on all the other teams practice squad players, and everything by himself. While he is the boss and when things go bad, it is his fault, dont make it seem like he is doing everything.

Which is why you continue to work on incomplete data - because you have zero idea on what actually happens inside the building and what Lurie is seeing on a day to day basis.

7 hours ago, pallidrone said:

There is a difference between giving someone a say in things and having no say.

Howie has final say in things, it does not mean that he did not allow people to run certain departments autonomously.

You guys make it seem like Howie is doing all the scouting, the contract work, setting up the draft board, checking on all the other teams practice squad players, and everything by himself. While he is the boss and when things go bad, it is his fault, dont make it seem like he is doing everything.

Which is why you continue to work on incomplete data - because you have zero idea on what actually happens inside the building and what Lurie is seeing on a day to day basis.

No matter how you slice it Howie overseas all of it. The bloated contracts are on him. The failed draft picks are on him. Whoever is making these failing selections Howie played a major role in choosing those people. How is the man whose fingertips are in everything absolved from any of the blame? It’s a ridiculous to think Howie is to receive the praise for the success, but is not responsible for any of the failures.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

And what does it say about Roseman's judgment that the 'football guy' he hired was a disappointment here and is presiding over that 'train wreck' in New York?

Roseman is more teflon than even Reid was according to his apologists - the good picks over the last six years are all his, but the much more plentiful bad ones are all Kelly or Douglas picks.             He can't lose.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, Madriver said:

I never really want the team to flat out lose or give up. That would be sickening. 

That would be 1970, 1972, 1976, 1982, 1998 & 2012 sickening . . . and 2020 is potentially as bad.

I'm at a loss for adjectives . . . is it really the loss of Frank Reich & John DeFilippo that's put us where we are ??

Injuries and how you deal with them are always part of the mix.

The teams' recent success makes all this ineptitude mind-numbingly unacceptable.     :huh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McNabbIsDone said:

That would be 1970, 1972, 1976, 1982, 1998 & 2012 sickening . . . and 2020 is potentially as bad.

I'm at a loss for adjectives . . . is it really the loss of Frank Reich & John DeFilippo that's put us where we are ??

Injuries and how you deal with them are always part of the mix.

The teams' recent success makes all this ineptitude mind-numbingly unacceptable.     :huh:

It's really the fact that we can't get any return through the draft. Most rosters are %70 (36) draft picks and 30% (17) UDFA. The Eagles are hitting that balance.  The problem is that only 40% (21) of the roster is our own draft picks. The best NFL teams are ~60% (31) and the average team is ~50% (26).

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 3:59 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We are going to win the division I have little doubt about that. We had a good chance before Dak got hurt and now we are likely favorites.

We can win the division with 5 wins which is a joke but it is what it is. 

Unfortunately I can see the Pokes sweeping us, which would give them 6 and the division. If they eke out one from Pittsburgh, Ravens, Niners or Vikes, they'll have 7 I believe.

Either way, either team would get destroyed in the playoffs. One and done, and not a pretty one at that.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, Portyansky said:

All you guys that want a high draft pick... why?? Howie will just screw it up anyway.

Youd think Lurie would cut him before seasons end but wishful thinking

On 10/20/2020 at 12:58 AM, Portyansky said:

All you guys that want a high draft pick... why?? Howie will just screw it up anyway.

I don't think the hope is so much for a high draft pick but more major changes...

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think the hope is so much for a high draft pick but more major changes...

Unless we win the SB or come close to it. I dont see how we dont at the very least change DC.

I want to beat Dallas, but wouldn't be upset if they lost the rest. This team has way too many injuries and holes in the lineup. They also need big changes that won't happen if they squeak into the playoffs again. Write this year off and sell at the deadline for a change dumping as much cap space as possible. Play the young guys and let them develop. 

4 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Unless we win the SB or come close to it. I dont see how we dont at the very least change DC.

I think we can DC anyway. Schwartz is out of contract and we haven't heard of any extension discussions have we?