Former Eagles Rasul Douglas

PDD

5 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

He is?

All Howie has done is produce team that has been in the playoffs for the last three year and won a Super Bowl, but yet he is being second guessed and people want him fired over missing on draft picks in the 4th round.

yes, he is and that's life as a GM in sports. let me ask you, do you think howie should receive any negative feedback at all ? 

7 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

yes, he is and that's life as a GM in sports. let me ask you, do you think howie should receive any negative feedback at all ? 

Absolutely. 100%

There is something wrong with the medical team on the Eagles and that is his fault. The DC is not working out, as his defensive draft picks are being utilized correctly in other schemes, and he needs to fix that as well. The cap situation looks dire from the outside.

None of this stuff means he needs to be fired and people shouldnt use friggin Donnel Pumphrey as a reason to want him fired.

Just now, pallidrone said:

Absolutely. 100%

There is something wrong with the medical team on the Eagles and that is his fault. The DC is not working out, as his defensive draft picks are being utilized correctly in other schemes, and he needs to fix that as well. The cap situation looks dire from the outside.

None of this stuff means he needs to be fired.

you know people are going to over react. thats what fans do, especially when they see the team going backwards since the SB. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

you know people are going to over react. thats what fans do, especially when they see the team going backwards since the SB. 

I know that but I will also call people out on it when I see it.

I'm sorry but I lived through so many bad owners, coaches and GMs to know that just gutting a team because you are mad does not make it better and a lot of times makes that team even worse.

What makes teams good for long periods of time? Stability at key positions (GM,HC,QB). Once you find that right formula you stick with it as long as you can.

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

I know that but I will also call people out on it when I see it.

I'm sorry but I lived through so many bad owners, coaches and GMs to know that just gutting a team because you are mad does not make it better and a lot of times makes that team even worse.

What makes teams good for long periods of time? Stability at key positions (GM,HC,QB). Once you find that right formula you stick with it as long as you can.

stability shouldn't overshadow success though. the team is 2 games above .500 since the SB.

howie's drafting has been average at best in his two tours as GM and then when you take into account all of the issues you yourself said howie owns, it puts him on the hot seat. i dont think that means he's fired after this season if the team doesnt go deep in the playoffs. that said he better get rid of schwartz. 

53 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

stability shouldn't overshadow success though. the team is 2 games above .500 since the SB.

howie's drafting has been average at best in his two tours as GM and then when you take into account all of the issues you yourself said howie owns, it puts him on the hot seat. i dont think that means he's fired after this season if the team doesnt go deep in the playoffs. that said he better get rid of schwartz. 

See this is where I guess we disagree - I dont care about the record if they are making it to the playoffs every year. That is all that matters to me. Make the playoffs, give us meaningful football late in the season and hopefully catch fire.

I mean isn't that the ultimate goal?

Another ex-player doing well is Agholar at LV.  Our offense playbook must be too complex for him to understand or our coaches do not know  how to use him effectively. 

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

See this is where I guess we disagree - I dont care about the record if they are making it to the playoffs every year. That is all that matters to me. Make the playoffs, give us meaningful football late in the season and hopefully catch fire.

I mean isn't that the ultimate goal?

making it to the playoffs in this division doesn't really mean much. i'm not saying i wouldnt be hopeful if they make it, but this division is horrible.

to me the ultimate goal has always been and will continue to be, winning the SB. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Another ex-player doing well is Agholar at LV.  Our offense playbook must be too complex for him to understand or our coaches do not know  how to use him effectively. 

Agholor is playing exactly to his ceiling a flawed but legitimate number 2 WR. He was that with us in 2017/2018. Something happened to him last year, I don't know what it was but he completely lost it and needed a change of scenery. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agholor is playing exactly to his ceiling a flawed but legitimate number 2 WR. He was that with us in 2017/2018. Something happened to him last year, I don't know what it was but he completely lost it and needed a change of scenery. 

Yeah, he’s not doing anything special. Everyone just sees a few highlights and assumes he’s lighting it up. He’s basically playing like his 2017 and 2018 seasons. He’s on pace for like 40 catches, 700-800 yards. Decent, but not like he’s a stud. And I’m confident the drops will come back like always. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

Yeah, he’s not doing anything special. Everyone just sees a few highlights and assumes he’s lighting it up. He’s basically playing like his 2017 and 2018 seasons. He’s on pace for like 40 catches, 700-800 yards. Decent, but not like he’s a stud. And I’m confident the drops will come back like always. 

He has already dropped a few this year so no change! But yeah - that's what he is a good number 2 receiver.

On 10/23/2020 at 3:53 AM, pallidrone said:

Howies first 3 picks since he took over again

2016 - 1-2 = C. Wentz - top tier QB / 3-79 I. Seumalo - Starting LG

2017 - 1-14 = B. Barnett - Starting DE / 2-43 S. Jones Bust  CB / 3-99 R. Douglas CB No longer here

2018 - 2-49 = D. Goedert Top Tier TE

2019 - 1-22 = A. Dillard Starting LT (Injured) / 2-53 M. Sanders RB Stud / 2 JJAW WR Bust so far

2020 - 1-21 = J. Reagor WR (dont know) / 2-53 J. Hurts QB (dont know) / 3-103 D Taylor (dont know)

So since 2016 he has made 12 picks in the first 3 rounds. 3 of them we don't know anything about because they were drafted in 2020 and it would be pure stupidity to include them into any analysis.

He has then made 9 picks. In those 9 picks he has 3 extremely good players (Wentz/Sanders/Goedert), he has 2 additional starters (Seumalo/Barnett), 1 that would have started but ended on IR (Dillard) and 3 busts.

That is above average production on drafting which is what I have been saying all along.

Also lets take talk about Hurts for a moment. Hurts provided the Eagles with a player that could get on the field for 5 plays a game and a cheap backup at the most important position in football. Then look at the picks from 54-102 in the 2020 draft. Who in all those picks stands out above everyone else that scream to you that the Eagles should have taken him?

It was a head scratcher when the pick was made, but when you step back and look at the big picture it is much clearer.

5 drafts X 3 rounds per draft = 15 picks.  3 very good starters with 2 other decent starters is no where close to above average production.  Throw in a stupid back up gadget QB 2nd round pick and a developmental 3rd round LB, whatever that is, and you have well below average drafting.  The Wentz pick was the 2nd pick in the draft.  You damn well better get a very good player that high.  The only really excellent selection is Sanders followed by a very good pick in Goddard in the mid 2nd.  Howie's inability to draft, to understand the draft,  is our number 1 problem.