DiNucci aka “Nooch”

Br3

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I'm still a believer in Wentz ... he played so well for a good portion early in his career that I don't think you can't consider it a fluke.  I'm just an extremely frustrated believer.  

I hear ya. I don’t listen to press conferences like I used to so I can only go by hearsay, but it sounds like he’s got a poor attitude towards his flaws from what others say. That can be frustrating as well. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t listen to press conferences like I used to so I can only go by hearsay, but it sounds like he’s got a poor attitude towards his flaws from what others say.

Lol. 

The world is so crazy today. We literally discard facts for unfounded propaganda.

49 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We're now halfway through this season and he still hasn't figured this thing out.  Extremely disappointed in him, especially since I've been on his bandwagon since day one.  

I seriously think there needs to be a long hard discussion had within the organisation as to whether they actually go with Hurts. I know that'll be challenged by many on here but half the season is enough of a sample size for us to say that Wentz is having a nightmare and it may be that Hurts needs to be given a go. 

11 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Lol. 

The world is so crazy today. We literally discard facts for unfounded propaganda.

Read carefully. I specifically stated I’m going off hearsay. I never stated as cold hard fact. 

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Read carefully. I specifically stated I’m going off hearsay. I never stated as cold hard fact. 

I know. People choose to believe the hearsay. That is my point. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I know. People choose to believe the hearsay. That is my point. 

Never said I believed it or dis-believed it. I had hoped it would be obvious that my comments were based on an assumption that the comment was accurate. 

Since you took the time to respond to me and you stated I was discarding fact for propaganda, then I take it you know what Carson actually said. I’m all in favor of forming an opinion from accurate information. So tell me what Wentz actually said, as opposed to what several individuals on the boards have incorrectly claimed he said. 

They benching this kid after his first start lol not fair honestly. Yeah he only put up 9pts but so did Dak in Philly last year with the actual season on the line and all of his starters at his disposal 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Br3 said:

They benching this kid after his first start lol not fair honestly. Yeah he only put up 9pts but so did Dak in Philly last year with the actual season on the line

I agree. He certainly wasn’t good, but I didn’t think he was so awful that he deserved a benching after 1 start either. When the new guy gets killed by Pittsburgh, then what?

18 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I agree. He certainly wasn’t good, but I didn’t think he was so awful that he deserved a benching after 1 start either. When the new guy gets killed by Pittsburgh, then what?

Then Dalton should be ready to go again lol

2 hours ago, Br3 said:

Then Dalton should be ready to go again lol

Ha. Then they’ll want to go back to DiNicci. 

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'm still a believer in Wentz ... he played so well for a good portion early in his career that I don't think you can't consider it a fluke.  I'm just an extremely frustrated believer.  

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I seriously think there needs to be a long hard discussion had within the organisation as to whether they actually go with Hurts. I know that'll be challenged by many on here but half the season is enough of a sample size for us to say that Wentz is having a nightmare and it may be that Hurts needs to be given a go. 

I think it's clear that Wentz is not going to get back to 2017 Wentz. However he was still pretty good at times in difficult circumstances in 2018/2019. He even showed life in the last 3 weeks, before his really poor Cowboys showing.

I'd give him the bye and see how he looks against the Giants. If he struggles again, I'd consider putting Hurts in for a game, just to shake things up again and then go back to Carson to see how he responds.

I don't think he's suddenly turned into a bad QB overnight. But he has been really bad for a lot of this year and people need to stop making excuses for that. Hopefully he snaps out of it, because all we need is end of 2019 Wentz and we are a competitive team again. 

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Never said I believed it or dis-believed it. I had hoped it would be obvious that my comments were based on an assumption that the comment was accurate. 

Since you took the time to respond to me and you stated I was discarding fact for propaganda, then I take it you know what Carson actually said. I’m all in favor of forming an opinion from accurate information. So tell me what Wentz actually said, as opposed to what several individuals on the boards have incorrectly claimed he said. 

Sorry ... You caught me leaving for work. There's no point in telling you my take on what he said. 

The media asks him several times about the same topic. He repeatedly answers by saying he needs to be better, play better, do a better job, protect the ball better, etc.... He also repeatedly explains he won't change his aggressive style of play. Now, if you meld the two responses together as one big response, it gets twisted contextually and is then being used to support a critical narrative that portrays him as egotistical, stubborn and above correction. 

Again, I strongly encourage you to listen for yourself and make your own judgement.  I hear a guy acknowledging that he needs to do a better job protecting the ball, but reinforcing that the issue is his decision making on those bad plays, but not the aggressive style that is the problem. What I liked about the interview --- He seems confident, not shaken or rattled. What I didn't like --- he was pressed on a couple things ... His first answer was more carefully worded, while his later one detailed specifically what happened on the Hightower pass (INT). The earlier reply he stated that he and the WRs aren't always on the same page yet, but the latter, he mentioned that the coverage dictated the pass be placed where it was and he indirectly implied Hightower read it wrong. While Wentz is correct on the read, you need to make sure you're not going to be accused of throwing a teammate under the bus. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Sorry ... You caught me leaving for work. There's no point in telling you my take on what he said. 

The media asks him several times about the same topic. He repeatedly answers by saying he needs to be better, play better, do a better job, protect the ball better, etc.... He also repeatedly explains he won't change his aggressive style of play. Now, if you meld the two responses together as one big response, it gets twisted contextually and is then being used to support a critical narrative that portrays him as egotistical, stubborn and above correction. 

Again, I strongly encourage you to listen for yourself and make your own judgement.  I hear a guy acknowledging that he needs to do a better job protecting the ball, but reinforcing that the issue is his decision making on those bad plays, but not the aggressive style that is the problem. What I liked about the interview --- He seems confident, not shaken or rattled. What I didn't like --- he was pressed on a couple things ... His first answer was more carefully worded, while his later one detailed specifically what happened on the Hightower pass (INT). The earlier reply he stated that he and the WRs aren't always on the same page yet, but the latter, he mentioned that the coverage dictated the pass be placed where it was and he indirectly implied Hightower read it wrong. While Wentz is correct on the read, you need to make sure you're not going to be accused of throwing a teammate under the bus. 

Thanks for the reply. After watching, I would say you gave a fair assessment.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'd give him the bye and see how he looks against the Giants. If he struggles again, I'd consider putting Hurts in for a game, just to shake things up again and then go back to Carson to see how he responds.

Oh yeah I agree with you. I'm not saying he has to be benched immediately. I think he should get at least another game and in fact possibly more. But I think the conversations need to be had and I think a decision could be coming. 

• Like 1

I think benching him for the rest of the season would be premature and would likely cause the rest of the team to quit because if you bench your franchise guy you're pretty much writing the season off.

However when he is playing like Sunday, Doug should consider pulling him at the half for the rest of the game, we've had half a season of letting him try and play his way out of it and yes he has pulled a couple of decent 4th quarters out but honestly I'd rather he didn't dig the hole in the first place, occasionally you have to give someone a kick in the ass rather than an arm round the shoulder, just show someone that they aren't entitled to the QB gig they have to earn it every game.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Thanks for the reply. After watching, I would say you gave a fair assessment.

Its fair.  

But i felt he didnt like being called out on his performance and he said several times how good he feels overall.  

he downplayed just how boneheaded his turnovers were like we dont know it any better.  Which is kinda insulting  

On 11/5/2020 at 4:26 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think benching him for the rest of the season would be premature and would likely cause the rest of the team to quit because if you bench your franchise guy you're pretty much writing the season off.

However when he is playing like Sunday, Doug should consider pulling him at the half for the rest of the game, we've had half a season of letting him try and play his way out of it and yes he has pulled a couple of decent 4th quarters out but honestly I'd rather he didn't dig the hole in the first place, occasionally you have to give someone a kick in the ass rather than an arm round the shoulder, just show someone that they aren't entitled to the QB gig they have to earn it every game.

Unless the team actually prefers Hurts. We have no idea what goes on in the locker room, but given the "leaks” the past couples years it sounds like at least some of the team don’t like playing with Carson. May be true, may not be, but I don’t think it’s unfathomable that the guys would actually get a spark and rally behind Hurts. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 7:04 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

IMO, with the little time he's spent on the field, Hurts looks slow and has shown nothing to indicate that he could read a complicated defense or make accurate throws. 

If they were going to make a change they'd be better off with Suds for now and wait to give Hurts a full offseason of development before throwing him to the wolves. Remember, we have GB, Saints, Cards and several other challenging games ahead.

4 minutes ago, Madriver said:

IMO, with the little time he's spent on the field, Hurts looks slow and has shown nothing to indicate that he could read a complicated defense or make accurate throws. 

If they were going to make a change they'd be better off with Suds for now and wait to give Hurts a full offseason of development before throwing him to the wolves. Remember, we have GB, Saints, Cards and several other challenging games ahead.

Isn't Hurts 2 for 2 on passes completed/attempted? So, how does that indicate he can't  make accurate throws?

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Isn't Hurts 2 for 2 on passes completed/attempted? So, how does that indicate he can't  make accurate throws?

It's different as a gadget player. He had the advantage of still having Carson on the field when he threw those passes didn't he? Or had a back ready to take a wildcat snap? Taysom Hill is great...when he's not having to lead a drive down the field on his own.

Lining up under center as the lone guy is a different story.

7 minutes ago, Madriver said:

It's different as a gadget player. He had the advantage of still having Carson on the field when he threw those passes didn't he? Or had a back ready to take a wildcat snap? Taysom Hill is great...when he's not having to lead a drive down the field on his own.

Still can't say he's not accurate without seeing him play. He still had to make a read and deliver the ball and both passes were right on target.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, brkmsn said:

My take on this is that it's not that he appears to be saying that he is going to fix this or that. It's the fact that these issue persist after 5 years and we've heard he's going to do better for all five of them. So the stubborn moniker is because he gives lip service and doesn't actually do anything about it.

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

If they were going to make a change they'd be better off with Suds for now and wait to give Hurts a full offseason of development before throwing him to the wolves

I can understand that point of view but I think Hurts as a dual threat gives the team a better chance to win. And ultimately they drafted this guy in the second round to give cover if Wentz goes down. 

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

Yeah he had Carson on the field for those two throws, which means he had one less receiver on routes. 

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Still can't say he's not accurate without seeing him play. He still had to make a read and deliver the ball and both passes were right on target.

Right. I just want to see what the kid has. Maybe he ends up being terrible, but maybe he ends up being legit. Never know until he gets a shot. For all we know we could have the next Russell Wilson sitting on the bench right now. 

If Wentz was even playing average then sure you don’t even consider turning to Hurts. But right now Wentz has been a bottom 5 QB in the league through the first half of the season. His play absolutely calls for a benching. If Hurts flails then oh well, go back to Wentz.