Kwity Paye (Michigan DE) -- DRAFTED BY INDIANAPOLIS #21

Ray75

3 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

BTW - IMO Slater would be a better pick that Paye.

Agreed.  But I came to grips with it the day we made the trade to 12, Paye will be the pick.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  But I came to grips with it the day we made the trade to 12, Paye will be the pick.

I hear ya.  It's like 2017 all over when you had no doubt Barnett was going to be the pick.  

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I hear ya.  It's like 2017 all over when you had no doubt Barnett was going to be the pick.  

I liked Barnett's potential more than I like Paye's.

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I'm not coming to grips with it.  If it happens, then I will annoy my neighbors by yelling about it.  Then I will post angry things here, probably for days (at least).

BTW - If the Eagles will make me proud again, I'll buy more gear.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I liked Barnett's potential more than I like Paye's.

Barnett was a far more polished college player. This guy is a major project by many draft expert accounts. We were supposed to get  sure thing this year after enduring that putrid season. I hate this front office. 

16 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

These and Wikipedia.   How silly of me.  

Michigan pro day results from March listed him as 6'2" 261

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yet you just said in the blog he is 6'4"

After your discussion I researched additionally.  Just backing up @Gannan's post that some folks are listing him 6'2"

NFL.com draft profile says 6'2 1/2".  Most sites say 6'4".

17 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

I'm not even saying that Paye will be a bad player.  He's as likely to be ok as anyone.  But in terms of both basic value and also meeting a specific and immediate team need, Surtain, Horn, Smith, and Waddle would all be better picks.  And I{'m confident that at least one of those will be available.

BTW - I'd take Parsons over Paye too.  The Eagles won't, because of character and because he's a LB.  But he's got more talent/ability.

Surtain/Horn/Smith/Waddle should all comfortably go ahead of Paye. Hell, I'd easily take Slater, Parsons, Darrishaw, Newsome, Collins and Phillips over Paye too. Paye is a late-first/early-second type of player in any other draft. Just because this draft is lacking in elite DE talent doesn't push him up the board for me. Howie on the other hand...

18 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Surtain/Horn/Smith/Waddle should all comfortably go ahead of Paye. Hell, I'd easily take Slater, Parsons, Darrishaw, Newsome, Collins and Phillips over Paye too. Paye is a late-first/early-second type of player in any other draft. Just because this draft is lacking in elite DE talent doesn't push him up the board for me. Howie on the other hand...

Michigan fan (don't ask me why) but if we take Paye at 12 I think I'll quit the NFL

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Michigan fan (don't ask me why) but if we take Paye at 12 I think I'll quit the NFL

I'm going to find it hard to get behind this team if that's the way they go. No knock on Paye at all (I just don't think he's worth #12) but I just think at that point I'd be so disillusioned with the rebuild.

3 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I'll definitely turn the draft off in a fit of rage draft if it's Paye at #12, but I don't have the willpower to quit the NFL entirely over it. :lol:

And I'm not hating on Paye, just the idea of taking him at #12. In any other draft there would be zero talk of him going in the top half of round 1. Absolutely none. For me, that doesn't change just because it's a weak DE draft for top-end talent.

If they traded down into the 20's and took him, I wouldn't hate it as much depending on who was still on the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I'll definitely turn the draft off in a fit of rage draft if it's Paye at #12, but I don't have the willpower to quit the NFL entirely over it. :lol:

Oh without doubt I'll switch off and I probably won't have too much interest in the rest of the draft either. #12 is absolutely key to this teams rebuild and if they spend it on a DE who would be a reach then I really don't know what I'll do. 

• Like 1

Just reading some Brandon Graham stuff from 2010, and he was ballparked in the mid 20's, and we traded up to 13 to get him.  I mean, is there anything about the Eagles history that tells you this is not going to be the pick.

Both Kiper and Todd McShay have Graham going to the Patriots with the 22nd overall pick in the draft, just out of the Eagles reach. However, that’s very much still in play. He could fall down to the 24th pick or if the Eagles are high enough on him and scared he could go before that, they could move up a few spots to take him.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh without doubt I'll switch off and I probably won't have too much interest in the rest of the draft either. #12 is absolutely key to this teams rebuild and if they spend it on a DE who would be a reach then I really don't know what I'll do. 

I decided to not watch day 3 last yr after the Hurts pick. I instead watched YouTube fan rage vids. Good for a few lols

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I decided to not watch day 3 last yr after the Hurts pick. I instead watched YouTube fan rage vids. Good for a few lols

I may have to do the same. 

I mean I say all this, and I will be livid, but I'll no doubt still check out the picks etc. But I just really do not want us to draft Paye.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I may have to do the same. 

I mean I say all this, and I will be livid, but I'll no doubt still check out the picks etc. But I just really do not want us to draft Paye.

I did a true boycott of day 3. A friend of mine who cools off faster than I was texting me updates but I really didn't care

I did a true boycott of day 3. A friend of mine who cools off faster than I was texting me updates but I really didn't care

The one thing I would say is that I've learned over the years that despite out initial reaction to picks every one needs time. Now of course that sounds obvious but we never know how any player is going to fare in the NFL. I mean I liked the JJAW pick but that's not worked out. I really didn't like the move up to get Wentz at the time but that worked out to an extent. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The one thing I would say is that I've learned over the years that despite out initial reaction to picks every one needs time. Now of course that sounds obvious but we never know how any player is going to fare in the NFL. I mean I liked the JJAW pick but that's not worked out. I really didn't like the move up to get Wentz at the time but that worked out to an extent. 

Wasn't a fan of the Wentz trade either especially considering what we gave up for Bradford the year prior. I wanted Hargreaves that yr but that woulda been a swing and a miss too in retrospect

• Like 1

Wasn't a fan of the Wentz trade either especially considering what we gave up for Bradford the year prior. I wanted Hargreaves that yr but that woulda been a swing and a miss too in retrospect

Exactly! And that's the thing. We all have guys that every year we really like or we don't like so much. And every year there will be guys we like who don't work out, guys we don't like who do and guys we've not even considered that surprise us. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly! And that's the thing. We all have guys that every year we really like or we don't like so much. And every year there will be guys we like who don't work out, guys we don't like who do and guys we've not even considered that surprise us. 

Yea I can give a list of draft sins and players I wanted that either bombed here or elsewhere. The difference is Howie is paid rather handsomely to be wrong

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Yea I can give a list of draft sins and players I wanted that either bombed here or elsewhere. The difference is Howie is paid rather handsomely to be wrong

That's very very true and that's the issue. He's the man making the picks not us. 

• Like 1