"Eagles Respond to Bombshell ‘It Could All Be Blown Up’ Report"

EricAllenPick6

21 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can see what you're trying to say here but I don't necessarily agree. 

Hey I'm not arguing I'm just saying that I don't completely agree. I mean I think our job as fans is to support the team right? But I think support can come in many forms. I think we are seeing a team that's starting to fall apart and that in the next couple of years probably will be torn down. And as fans we are just saying what we see aren't we? But come Sundays I think most of us get behind this team. I was livid on Sunday watching that game because despite knowing this is a bad team right now I still want to see them win.

Uh-huh. 

This reminds me of those dads that smack their kids around and call it love. 

27 minutes ago, wyote said:

Uh-huh. 

This reminds me of those dads that smack their kids around and call it love. 

I mean sure if you want to disagree with me that's fine. I'm just arguing that I don't think you have to blindly support the team and like every move they make. And I'm not saying you do but as fans we have a right to be frustrated and want change. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean sure if you want to disagree with me that's fine. I'm just arguing that I don't think you have to blindly support the team and like every move they make. And I'm not saying you do but as fans we have a right to be frustrated and want change. 

You don't have to like every move they make. You don't even have evaluate them. Get this: YOU ARE NOT A GM. You're not and you probably never will be. You're not a head coach or an offensive coordinator or anything else.

If you want to play fantasy football, do that. Show the world how smart you are. Or get into actual football at the local level and start proving yourself. Otherwise, you're just a fan. You don't get a say -- you SHOULD not get a say. 

So, since you can't actually help the team by deciding who gets fired -- what can you do to help the team? Never mind your rights. Rights? Whatever. What can you do? What little tiny, tiny contribution can you, one of maybe ten million fans, personally make? 

2 minutes ago, wyote said:

You don't have to like every move they make. You don't even have evaluate them. Get this: YOU ARE NOT A GM. You're not and you probably never will be. You're not a head coach or an offensive coordinator or anything else.

Think you may want to take yourself off a fan forum then. The whole point in a forum is to discuss the team. To talk about the games and the players. To talk about what we'd like to see, what we'd like to see changed etc. I mean that's what a forum is for. 

This offensive structure is a problem. Too many voices and no direction. It looks the same.  They need to streamline it down to: head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach.  I think bringing in Marty because he has familiarity with LamarJackson was a dumb reason to bring him in.  It seems like it was done more as a favor.

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

This offensive structure is a problem. Too many voices and no direction. It looks the same.  They need to streamline it down to: head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach.  I think bringing in Marty because he has familiarity with LamarJackson was a dumb reason to bring him in.  It seems like it was done more as a favor.

I mean do we even know at this point what Marty and Scangarello have brought to the table? Are they trying to implement things that both guys have successfully done previously? What is the identity of this offense?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Think you may want to take yourself off a fan forum then. The whole point in a forum is to discuss the team. To talk about the games and the players. To talk about what we'd like to see, what we'd like to see changed etc. I mean that's what a forum is for. 

So if we all pretend we're GMs, will that help? I'm as good at it as anyone: we should've drafted Patrick Mahomes and Tyler Lockett and Tyreek Hill and George Kittle. 

What can you do? What little tiny, tiny contribution can you, one of maybe ten million fans, personally make? 

I can also call plays like a TATEr too: 

If it doesn't work, it was a bad call and they should've done something else. 

If it works, that's what I've been saying they should do all along. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean do we even know at this point what Marty and Scangarello have brought to the table? Are they trying to implement things that both guys have successfully done previously? What is the identity of this offense?

The result of this offense is showing that this system isn't working. I watched some of the Giants film and they often knew what routes our WRs were running  as they were running them.  I don't think they are changing things up at all.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wyote said:

So if we all pretend we're GMs, will that help? I'm as good at it as anyone: we should've drafted Patrick Mahomes and Tyler Lockett and Tyreek Hill and George Kittle. 

What can you do? What little tiny, tiny contribution can you, one of maybe ten million fans, personally make? 

Ok I think it's probably best if we just ignore each other. You have different views to I do. That's all fine because that's what a forum is all about but you make these little comments so that's fine. We can just ignore each other. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok I think it's probably best if we just ignore each other. You have different views to I do. That's all fine because that's what a forum is all about but you make these little comments so that's fine. We can just ignore each other. 

It is likely best ... at times you end up trying to make your point until you are blue in the face and they are doing the exact same, both thinking you might somehow sway the other to change their POV but that never happens.  Personally I fall somewhere in between ... I understand both sides to a certain degree.  I do get what he and others are saying that what we as fans want makes zero difference but I also believe fans have every right to want to see improvement from their team when they are clearly not performing (whether on the field or in the draft room or whatever the case may be) to an acceptable level and further have every right to voice their frustration (especially on a fan forum).   When the responses start getting snarky I figure that is time for me to cut out.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It is likely best ... at times you end up trying to make your point until you are blue in the face and they are doing the exact same, both thinking you might somehow sway the other to change their POV but that never happens.  Personally I fall somewhere in between ... I understand both sides to a certain degree.  I do get what he and others are saying that what we as fans want makes zero difference but I also believe fans have every right to want to see improvement from their team when they are clearly not performing (whether on the field or in the draft room or whatever the case may be) to an acceptable level and further have every right to voice their frustration (especially on a fan forum).   When the responses start getting snarky I figure that is time for me to cut out.  

Yeah I agree with you. We aren't going to get anywhere and we will just go back and forth and I'll get more and more agitated. 

I know that our views and opinions don't make any difference. I know that a lot of my views will be wrong and I'll never be a GM or a HC. But we all have our opinions and aren't we on a forum to discuss these things? I mean to me that's the point of being on a forum but hey I guess everyone gets different things out of it. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I agree with you. We aren't going to get anywhere and we will just go back and forth and I'll get more and more agitated. 

I know that our views and opinions don't make any difference. I know that a lot of my views will be wrong and I'll never be a GM or a HC. But we all have our opinions and aren't we on a forum to discuss these things? I mean to me that's the point of being on a forum but hey I guess everyone gets different things out of it. 

I can tolerate a lot but not when someone starts becoming disrespectful.  So rather than get agitated I disengage.  🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm just asking a question. I'm serious about it. What difference can you personally make? How can you help the Eagles win? 

Why won't you consider that? Are you avoiding personal responsibility? 

I am NOT going to ignore you. Fans like you hurt the team, and I intend to persuade you to change your behavior in order to help them win. 

6 hours ago, wyote said:

I'm just asking a question. I'm serious about it. What difference can you personally make? How can you help the Eagles win? 

Why won't you consider that? Are you avoiding personal responsibility? 

I am NOT going to ignore you. Fans like you hurt the team, and I intend to persuade you to change your behavior in order to help them win. 

I've said I know that I don't make a difference. It doesn't stop people having an opinion. 

Fans like me hurt the team? How on earth do we hurt the team? You just asked what difference can I personally make. Now you're saying I can negatively hurt the team. Make up your mind. 

Now I've responded to your question that you are so desperate for me to answer. Now it is best that we do not engage in conversation or debate. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've said I know that I don't make a difference. It doesn't stop people having an opinion. 

Fans like me hurt the team? How on earth do we hurt the team? You just asked what difference can I personally make. Now you're saying I can negatively hurt the team. Make up your mind. 

Now I've responded to your question that you are so desperate for me to answer. Now it is best that we do not engage in conversation or debate. 

You took what I wrote as a rhetorical question, as if I meant that you can't make a difference. 

But you can and do make a difference. That's my point. 

You think what you're doing is harmless. I think it harms the team, especially when the whole fanbase joins in the frenzy. 

That's why my question is: what can you (and other fans) do to help the team? 

The reason you want to avoid this discussion (it's hardly a debate) is that you (and some of your buddies here) want to go on self-indulgently harming the team with what are essentially temper tantrums and delusions of grandeur. You don't want to take responsibility for your actions, for your share in the job of creating an environment in which the players can perform optimally. You individual have a very small -- but collectively we're crucial -- role to play, and you don't want to play it because it requires a strength of character, a fortitude, a perseverance and resolution and a humility that you don't want to aspire to. 

Admittedly, everyone on TATE even put together are a smaller problem than (say) Cataldi or Brandon Lee Gowton, who are two of the most powerfully negative influences in the fan base. But if we didn't eat that crap up and help them tear down the team, they'd have to shape their own acts up or find different jobs. 

1 hour ago, wyote said:

The reason you want to avoid this discussion (it's hardly a debate) is that you (and some of your buddies here) want to go on self-indulgently harming the team with what are essentially temper tantrums and delusions of grandeur. You don't want to take responsibility for your actions, for your share in the job of creating an environment in which the players can perform optimally. You individual have a very small -- but collectively we're crucial -- role to play, and you don't want to play it because it requires a strength of character, a fortitude, a perseverance and resolution and a humility that you don't want to aspire to. 

I'm not avoiding the discussion at all. 

What I think is the you're talking utter ish to be honest. 

What you're saying is that regardless of what is happening on the field we should blindly think that the team is doing the right things. That there are no issues. Because apparently we are not allowed to raise the issues that we see on the field. That's complete rubbish. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to think all is rosey and all is well. 

It is very clear that all is not well with this team. So I ask you, why should we put up and shut up? Why should we turn it all in to a positive when it is quite clearly not right now?

I'm not avoiding the discussion at all. 

What I think is the you're talking utter ish to be honest. 

What you're saying is that regardless of what is happening on the field we should blindly think that the team is doing the right things. That there are no issues. Because apparently we are not allowed to raise the issues that we see on the field. That's complete rubbish. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to think all is rosey and all is well. 

It is very clear that all is not well with this team. So I ask you, why should we put up and shut up? Why should we turn it all in to a positive when it is quite clearly not right now?

I can guarantee you EVERY team will have a good percentage of their fans voice the same concerns when their team plays poorly, especially when it occurs over a long stretch (and not just a 1-2 game funk).  It isn't as though the Eagles are different in that regard.  

• Like 1

What you're saying is that regardless of what is happening on the field we should blindly think that the team is doing the right things. That there are no issues.

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. You're pretending to think that's what I'm saying, but we all know it's not. 

Just now, wyote said:

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. You're pretending to think that's what I'm saying, but we all know it's not. 

Then why dont you get to the point and say what you are trying to say, lol. 

Eagles could take a cue from the Sixers.  Brought in the right guy and had a heck of a draft.  Still have to see how Doc uses Joel and Ben but thing are looking up again after the bad playoff loss.  Not a blowup, just a remake.  Eagles have some good talent too.

7 minutes ago, wyote said:

Ok. I'm bored of this to be honest. You don't want to have a voice or negative opinion go ahead. Let's stick with status quo sure. Doug, Howie, Wentz, you're all doing a stand up job well done guys. All players in fact you're doing a cracking job. Keep it up. Keep doing what you are doing. It's yielding such positive results. 

8 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Then why dont you get to the point and say what you are trying to say, lol. 

Look up just a few posts. 

But the thing is -- why don't you think about it for yourself? What is the best way for you and I, mere fans as we are, to contribute to the Eagles being a better football team? 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok. I'm bored of this to be honest. You don't want to have a voice or negative opinion go ahead. Let's stick with status quo sure. Doug, Howie, Wentz, you're all doing a stand up job well done guys. All players in fact you're doing a cracking job. Keep it up. Keep doing what you are doing. It's yielding such positive results. 

I'm still not saying that and you're still pretending that I am. I'm not telling you to judge dishonestly. I see the problems as well as you do -- maybe better because I'm not blinded by hatred for anyone in the organization. 

I'm telling you that our judgments do not help the team perform better. You know they don't. 

So what does? 

Another way of looking at it -- why does home field advantage exist? Why do some teams have more of it than others? 

4 minutes ago, wyote said:

Look up just a few posts. 

But the thing is -- why don't you think about it for yourself? What is the best way for you and I, mere fans as we are, to contribute to the Eagles being a better football team? 

Well ive been a season ticket holder for over 27 years, Im doing my part at the games in person. Id loved to hear what you do to make them better??? All I see is you busting peoples chops for having a view on a message board that they need change and what they are doing is not working which by our play is a very clear view. I honestly dont see what you do to make the team better.