"Eagles Respond to Bombshell ‘It Could All Be Blown Up’ Report"

EricAllenPick6

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

There really shouldn't be any reason to - everyone has a right to their own opinion.  For both sides, there shouldn't be a need to try to shove that opinion down the other's throat.  If someone continually tries, just ignore them (vs reacting by trying to shove yours down his/her throat)... as simple as that.  it takes all kinds to make the world go round.   :-)

See I agree and I disagree... Everyone is entitled to their opinion absolutely. You can have one opinion on a player, coach or whatever and I can have the opposite. We can discuss that, we can debate that. Where I disagree is that in this case we are being told that we shouldn't have a negative opinion about this team. That we shouldn't voice our opinion because it has a negative impact on the time? This is a fan forum, fans have views and not all of them are going to be positive. The whole point is we debate, we discuss and we share our views.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Oh I know. I’ve had my bouts with him before. Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment. 

I must be. I make a point to watch this team every week. 

You and me both bud! I tried to ignore but sometimes if the mood takes me I just can't help myself!

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You and me both bud! I tried to ignore but sometimes if the mood takes me I just can't help myself!

I get it, sometimes it’s hard to ignore and just move on.  It didn’t get you anywhere but frustrated though.  But to each their own.  I have way too much respect for you and most here to invalidate your opinions if they don’t match mine.  🙃

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I get it, sometimes it’s hard to ignore and just move on.  It didn’t get you anywhere but frustrated though.  But to each their own.  I have way too much respect for you and most here to invalidate your opinions if they don’t match mine.  🙃

Absolutely and right back at you. Everyone has their own opinion I just don't take too kindly to being told I can't have an opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I see all kinds of things. Blind loyalists, those who think nothing was ever good, and those who clearly recognize things are terrible right now, and certain changes need to be made. I see a roster of mostly...meh...type players. A few good ones, but a lot of junk and almost no difference makers. I see cap struggles coming up. I see no one currently here who can effectively turn this around.

So what are you going to do about it? 

34 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't take too kindly to being told I can't have an opinion.

Quote me saying that. 

You know I'm not saying that. 

You're choosing to misinterpret what I'm actually saying because you don't like it. 

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

in this case we are being told that we shouldn't have a negative opinion about this team.

Nope. Not by me anyway. 

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That we shouldn't voice our opinion because it has a negative impact on the [team]

Sort of. 

The question isn't whether you voice an opinion or not, but whether you take responsibility for the way your actions affect the team. 

Let's recall that a part of this round of your beef with me was over whether you were right to be afraid that the Eagles would win too many games because if they did, Howie might not get fired. 

I mean, I guess you could say your goal is to create a narrative that the team can react against, creating that sense of "us against the world." That could be helpful. Maybe you're practicing tough love? Is that it? 

9 minutes ago, wyote said:

So what are you going to do about it? 

Quote me saying that. 

You know I'm not saying that. 

You're choosing to misinterpret what I'm actually saying because you don't like it. 

Gonna continue posting my thoughts and opinions as I’ve done since 2003 on here. What kind of question is that anyway?

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Gonna continue posting my thoughts and opinions as I’ve done since 2003 on here. What kind of question is that anyway?

It's the one that matters. 

You're either a tiny little part of the solutions or you're a tiny little part of the problems. 

11 minutes ago, wyote said:

It's the one that matters. 

You're either a tiny little part of the solutions or you're a tiny little part of the problems. 

I'm not employed by the team, so I'm neither, but if you insist on cramming me into one side or the other, then I'm helping matters by exposing which players are losing focus by paying too much attention to what I say, and not enough to improving themselves.

15 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm not employed by the team, so I'm neither, but if you insist on cramming me into one side or the other, then I'm helping matters by exposing which players are losing focus by paying too much attention to what I say, and not enough to improving themselves.

That's somewhat clever, so good for you, but you might consider giving it serious thought some time. 

3 minutes ago, wyote said:

That's somewhat clever, so good for you, but you might consider giving it serious thought some time. 

I gave it all the thought it needs. Nothing I say here effects the performance on the field. If it really did, then we'd all be positive, and win the Super Bowl every year.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I gave it all the thought it needs. Nothing I say here effects the performance on the field. If it really did, then we'd all be positive, and win the Super Bowl every year.

It's either we have the power to make the Eagles win the Super Bowl every year, or we have no effect at all. One or the other. 

You've clearly given it all the thought. 

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yes by you. But I can't even be bothered to argue with you about it. 

I know you've been frustrated by this conversation, but I really do hope you and the other people who've been seeing or participating in this discussion will give some thought to it. 

It's really a bigger deal than football, of course. But it applies here as well. 

It seems like we have a large-scale cultural problem throughout the West with the old masculine values -- honor, loyalty, strength, perseverance, determination, ambition, responsibility, pride, and so on -- no longer being given the importance they deserve. Too many people want to act as if nothing they do matters, as if expressing their emotions freely is the most important thing, as if they're not a part of anything bigger than themselves. 

You don't have to live like that, and neither do I or any of us.

Anyway, I'll stop preaching for now, but if we can't do it on a message board for a football team, what are we going to do in real life when things are hard and the people around us are struggling? Sports is ultimately about building character, and I have faith that these ideas will give some of us a little moment of reflection about what kind of fans we want to be, what kind of men we want to be.  

• Like 1