Pederson a Genius....

Friendly Ram

For playing for that Tie, Week 3 against Cincy. That half-game could be the difference in the Division when its over.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

So he found another way to screw us is what you're saying.

That's the way I see it yep. That tie could really screw us in this division. 

1 minute ago, Friendly Ram said:

For playing for that Tie, Week 3 against Cincy. That half-game could be the difference in the Division when its over.

uhm...not after we lose the next five games it won't.

• Like 1

Philly will win this Division at 5-10-1 and Host a Playoff Game and the NFL will finally be embarrassed enough to change the Playoff format.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Friendly Ram said:

Somebody will pass us the next month for the division.  We have Seattle, New Orleans, Packers and Cardinals next, 4 straight losses.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Friendly Ram said:

Yup he's a jenius

7 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Somebody will pass us the next month for the division.  We have Seattle, New Orleans, Packers and Cardinals next, 4 straight losses.

Lord I hope so

On that note here is a question, if we do make a wild card at 5-10-1 does that screw us on draft picking ?

2 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Lord I hope so

On that note here is a question, if we do make a wild card at 5-10-1 does that screw us on draft picking ?

Yes. Best we could pick is 19th. All playoff teams pick after non playoff teams.

• Thanks 1

Yes. Best we could pick is 19th. All playoff teams pick after non playoff teams.

ffffffffffffffffffffff

Alright that is what I thought..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sturm said:

ffffffffffffffffffffff

Alright that is what I thought..

Yup, so we basically go from a potential top 10 pick, to 19th. It's why I'm not against the Giants or Washington passing us.

• Like 1

Yup, so we basically go from a potential top 10 pick, to 19th. It's why I'm not against the Giants or Washington passing us.

agreed at this point letting another one slide in makes way to much sense. We are going no where if we limp into the play offs. I don't want to screw ourselves of a top 10 pick.

Besides if we want change from HQ / GM we need to keep losing too.

• Like 1

Just now, Sturm said:

agreed at this point letting another one slide in makes way to much sense. We are going no where if we limp into the play offs. I don't want to screw ourselves of a top 10 pick.

Besides if we want change from HQ / GM we need to keep losing too.

My biggest fear, is we won't get changes this year. I really do see Lurie making injuries and Covid an excuse not to. This ish show may have to continue into 21 I fear.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup.  Then just pray Howie doesn’t F up the pick. 

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Yup.  Then just pray Howie doesn’t F up the pick. 

Which he can do.

23 minutes ago, Friendly Ram said:

Philly will win this Division at 5-10-1 and Host a Playoff Game and the NFL will finally be embarrassed enough to change the Playoff format.

No, they won’t change the format. The division winner should always get in, even if they suck. 

How would they change it anyway, by record? How would it be fair if a 10-6 team with a cream puff schedule gets in over a 9-7 division winner in a tough division. That would just be stupid. 

25 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Thats my exact thoughts..I dont know who in their right mind thinks we have a shot at winning ANY of those games....

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Which he can do.

Odds are he does?  How much faith do you have in him to land a "difference maker”?  Not just an average-to-decent player like Barnett. 

7 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

No, they won’t change the format. The division winner should always get in, even if they suck. 

How would they change it anyway, by record? How would it be fair if a 10-6 team with a cream puff schedule gets in over a 9-7 division winner in a tough division. That would just be stupid. 

If I were forced to make a change, that's exactly how I'd do it. An overall record is the only objective measure to go by. Winning games is how someone should get in.

Besides, think about it, if a team wins a division with a 9-7 record, how tough is that division really? We were a 9-7 division winner last year, and our division was horrid then too.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Thats my exact thoughts..I dont know who in their right mind thinks we have a shot at winning ANY of those games....

Seriously I don't know if I can even watch any of those games.  Especially New Orleans.  They will do everything possible to destroy and embarrass us.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Odds are he does?  How much faith do you have in him to land a "difference maker”?  Not just an average-to-decent player like Barnett. 

Very very little.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If I were forced to make a change, that's exactly how I'd do it. An overall record is the only objective measure to go by. Winning games is how someone should get in.

Besides, think about it, if a team wins a division with a 9-7 record, how tough is that division really? We were a 9-7 division winner last year, and our division was horrid then too.

First, what’s the point of having divisions if the division winner doesn’t get in 

Second,  the NFC East in the 80’s and 90’s used to be brutal. The Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles and Giants would beat the crap out of each other. Usually, three of those teams were deserving of the playoffs but because they played each other it was impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Second,  the NFC East in the 80’s and 90’s used to be brutal. The Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles and Giants would beat the crap out of each other. Usually, three of those teams were deserving of the playoffs but because they played each other it was almost impossible. 

This part of your response practically supports the argument for giving consideration to modifying the current playoff seeding formula.  If teams in a brutal division like the NFCE used to be or like the NFCW is now have a better record playing against better competition, that seems like a strong argument for change.  

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

First, what’s the point of having divisions if the division winner doesn’t get in 

Second,  the NFC East in the 80’s and 90’s used to be brutal. The Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles and Giants would beat the crap out of each other. Usually, three of those teams were deserving of the playoffs but because they played each other it was impossible. 

First, it's extremely rare that a division winner isn't one of the best 6 (now 7) records, so it's not worth even sweating over. How fair is it that the Eagles can possibly make the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins, but a 10 or 11 win team doesn't make it?

Like I said, winning games is the only objective measure.