Pederson a Genius....

Friendly Ram

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

First, it's extremely rare that a division winner isn't one of the best 6 (now 7) records, so it's not worth even sweating over. How fair is it that the Eagles can possibly make the playoffs with 5 or 6 wins, but a 10 or 11 win team doesn't make it?

Like I said, winning games is the only objective measure.

In a season like this it sucks but this is an odd season.

I just think winning your division is worth something. 

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This part of your response practically supports the argument for giving consideration to modifying the current playoff seeding formula.  If teams in a brutal division like the NFCE used to be or like the NFCW is now have a better record playing against better competition, that seems like a strong argument for change.  

Not really. Because the teams were so good and had such strong rivalries, most of the NFC East would end up going .500 in the division. 

3 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

In a season like this it sucks but this is an odd season.

I just think winning your division is worth something. 

Thing is, I agree, but I also have no issue with the division winner getting a home game. Personally, I wouldn't make changes. My change is only in response to the idea that a division winner shouldn't be guaranteed a home game. If they shouldn't be guaranteed a home game, then I don't think they should be guaranteed a berth either.

34 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

No, they won’t change the format. The division winner should always get in, even if they suck. 

How would they change it anyway, by record? How would it be fair if a 10-6 team with a cream puff schedule gets in over a 9-7 division winner in a tough division. That would just be stupid. 

The league was talking about voting for a playoff reseed which means if the Eagles win the division they would be the 8th seed (adding a extra playoff team was in this package from what I heard, don't know if it passed though)

48 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

No, they won’t change the format. The division winner should always get in, even if they suck. 

How would they change it anyway, by record? How would it be fair if a 10-6 team with a cream puff schedule gets in over a 9-7 division winner in a tough division. That would just be stupid. 

Well at the VERY least they should give the Home Game to the 5-seed when the 4-seed has a record UNDER .500

2 minutes ago, Friendly Ram said:

Well at the VERY least they should give the Home Game to the 5-seed when the 4-seed has a record UNDER .500

I don’t have a problem with that. The winner of the NFC East doesn’t deserve a home game. 

44 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Not really. Because the teams were so good and had such strong rivalries, most of the NFC East would end up going .500 in the division. 

So you’re saying a team that potentially ends the season 5-11 (or 5-10-1) deserves a spot in the post season over a team that ended up 10-6 even if they played in a really strong division?  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

So you’re saying a team that potentially ends the season 5-11 (or 5-10-1) deserves a spot in the post season over a team that ended up 10-6 even if they played in a really strong division?  

I don’t think I would say "deserve” but I don’t think they should change the rules for an anomaly. 

My biggest problem with Pederson is that he refuses to take any blame. If you listen to his interview he mainly blames execution of plays, player discipline, player focus, and player decision making. After he says that, then he will sneak in the "coaching needs to be better." 

This guy still does not think he is doing anything wrong!!!!

6 hours ago, Friendly Ram said:

For playing for that Tie, Week 3 against Cincy. That half-game could be the difference in the Division when its over.

Here's a Bengals tie for you in the spirit of the holidays.

th?id=OIP.G1hj_azxGXnOiptvpKAjvwHaFv&pid=Api&P=0&w=218&h=170

7 hours ago, Friendly Ram said:

For playing for that Tie, Week 3 against Cincy. That half-game could be the difference in the Division when its over.

I said that too when he did it, but this team isn't going ANYWHERE but down the tubes.

I'm sorry, remind me again why we want a low draft number? We're not exactly known for our expert draft picking. 

Hate to rain on your parade but dallas has 3 wins right now. They beat Washington on Thursday thats 4. They still have the bengals without burrow, the eagles and the giants left on the schedule. If they beat Washington they are likely going to beat the bengals down burrow. Then all they have to Do is beat us or the giants and they get to six wins. Don’t see the eagles getting to 6 wins with the next 4 games being what they are. Dallas actually looked competent on offense with dalton out there today. 

Oh my god, you’re actually right!

The plan all along is to make the entire team play like garbage, win the division with a terrible record, then unleash what this team really is.

The o line is actually dominant, just giving up to fool all the other teams according to the plan. The WRs are running terrible routes to put false tendencies on film to dupe opposing defensive coordinators. Wentz is turning the ball over and making dumb decisions like holding onto the ball to dupe the entire NFL into believing he has regressed. Doug and the rest of the offense is calling awful plays because he’s hiding their true playbook, the playbook the will unleash in the postseason.

This is the plan folks. To be the ultimate underdog. Going into the playoffs at 5-10-1, playing dreadfully, overlooked by everyone. Then the dog masks will come out. Then the real playbook will be revealed. Suddenly the o line will push everyone into submission. Soon Wentz will have minutes to throw. WRs will run route concepts not even dreamed of. Jefferey will turn from washed up to Larry Fitzgerald 2.0. And the final piece is Wentz turning the entire act off and then playing like a god amongst men. 

I don’t know how we haven’t seen it before. This is all an act that’s been years in the making. The Alshon injury from last year, the poor drafting, Maddox being terrible, the Ertz fallout, the team hating Wentz, bad practice habits, it’s all an act and Doug Pederson is the grand composer. 

They will call this "Unleash the Kraken”

And the Philadelphia Eagles will be the first team with a losing record to win a Super Bowl.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

I'm sorry, remind me again why we want a low draft number? We're not exactly known for our expert draft picking. 

So we can go to bed earlier on draft night. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Oh my god, you’re actually right!

The plan all along is to make the entire team play like garbage, win the division with a terrible record, then unleash what this team really is.

The o line is actually dominant, just giving up to fool all the other teams according to the plan. The WRs are running terrible routes to put false tendencies on film to dupe opposing defensive coordinators. Wentz is turning the ball over and making dumb decisions like holding onto the ball to dupe the entire NFL into believing he has regressed. Doug and the rest of the offense is calling awful plays because he’s hiding their true playbook, the playbook the will unleash in the postseason.

This is the plan folks. To be the ultimate underdog. Going into the playoffs at 5-10-1, playing dreadfully, overlooked by everyone. Then the dog masks will come out. Then the real playbook will be revealed. Suddenly the o line will push everyone into submission. Soon Wentz will have minutes to throw. WRs will run route concepts not even dreamed of. Jefferey will turn from washed up to Larry Fitzgerald 2.0. And the final piece is Wentz turning the entire act off and then playing like a god amongst men. 

I don’t know how we haven’t seen it before. This is all an act that’s been years in the making. The Alshon injury from last year, the poor drafting, Maddox being terrible, the Ertz fallout, the team hating Wentz, bad practice habits, it’s all an act and Doug Pederson is the grand composer. 

They will call this "Unleash the Kraken”

And the Philadelphia Eagles will be the first team with a losing record to win a Super Bowl.

I can’t wait to see the made for TV movie!

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Hate to rain on your parade but dallas has 3 wins right now. They beat Washington on Thursday thats 4. They still have the bengals without burrow, the eagles and the giants left on the schedule. If they beat Washington they are likely going to beat the bengals down burrow. Then all they have to Do is beat us or the giants and they get to six wins. Don’t see the eagles getting to 6 wins with the next 4 games being what they are. Dallas actually looked competent on offense with dalton out there today. 

Yeah that was my takeaway, it looked like they used the bye week to get Dalton settled and they looked a different team Yesterday.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Friendly Ram said:

believe me this week is the last week you will see the eagles in first place in this sorry ass division , doug has failed to improve this offense since week 1 and carson is not getting better infact he's worse now. i won't get into the offensive line crap , you know what you have there so you can't hold on to the ball like it's gold , make your read and throw the damn ball. lurie has failed at being a owner this season along with this terrible coaching staff. you have to bring in a GM assistant to run the draft and select talent and tell howie to stay away from the combine and draft room.

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

BTW - Pederson and "genius" should never be used in the same sentence.  

What if "isn’t a” is placed between them? 

• Haha 1

Doesn’t matter, they’re a half game up on the entire division basically, and just lost the first of a five game losing streak upcoming. Dallas and Washington play Thursday, so by the end of this week the Eagles will no longer be in first. Thankfully. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, Friendly Ram said:

Philly will win this Division at 5-10-1 and Host a Playoff Game and the NFL will finally be embarrassed enough to change the Playoff format.

Dallas will win the division. I have watched them play the Vikings. Much improved Dallas team. Why !? Oh Why?!!!! did we not draft CD Lamb!???!!!!!!!!!! I am crying again. 

1 minute ago, Traveler Vic said:

Dallas will win the division. I have watched them play the Vikings. Much improved Dallas team. Why !? Oh Why?!!!! did we not draft CD Lamb!???!!!!!!!!!! I am crying again. 

That's fine let Dallas win the division. If we win the division we will draft around 19. If we finish last in the division we will have a top 5 pick. And the only difference between first and last in this division is going to be like 1 win.