It's not even a thought with Pederson

GeorgeM37

17 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Like I said in the Wentz thread, bench him and start Hurts but don't change the offense or play calling either. Then you will know if it's the QB or the offense/play calling. Carson has been horrible this season but that can be said for the majority of the team in all 3 phases. IMO it's a coaching issue more then anything.

No you won't, you'd be comparing a 2nd round rookie, his first year in a pro offense, against a 2nd overall pick in his 5th year in Doug's offense, Hurt's failing would tell you very little, the only way you learn anything would be if Hurts came in and we had a blow out win with 450 yards of offense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

No you won't, you'd be comparing a 2nd round rookie, his first year in a pro offense, against a 2nd overall pick in his 5th year in Doug's offense, Hurt's failing would tell you very little, the only way you learn anything would be if Hurts came in and we had a blow out win with 450 yards of offense.

There's been plenty of rookies lighting it up to say otherwise. Hell even Wentz looked great his first 3 starts.

20 hours ago, Miami said:

Hurts will play if Wentz gets hurt or the season is lost.  Can’t damage Wentz’s trade value.  We may have to trade him if this continues.

Who do you think will want to trade for a QB playing as a bottom 5 player at his position on a top 5 QB salary?

16 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Not sure how many of you read yahoo articles but I wanted to see what was said about the game today. I came across at least three articles that say at this point, might as well start Hurts. Pederson is not considering it, was never considering it and says that it would send the wrong message to the team that the season is lost. 

What I want to know is, what kind of message does it send to the rest of the team when you don’t sit another player that has been playing like total crap all season?  It sends a message that poor play is excusable, that you won’t be held accountable.  Any other player playing that poorly over such a long stretch is likely to have been benched.  So does this let the rest of the team know that Wentz receives special treatment, that he isn’t held to the same standard and expectations that apply to everyone else?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The offensive scheme and skill position roster are issues, but anyone claiming that Wentz is not a huge part of it at this point is kidding themselves, his accuracy is shot, his pocket awareness has declined to the point that he's a danger to himself, he isn't seeing the field at all he routinely misses wide open guys as he tries to force it to someone who's covered. Even the throws he does make are often caught by receivers above their head, when there's no need for the ball to be that high. 

Yesterday he threw 2 picks and it could've been 5, the standing in the backfield just clutching the ball forever is as much responsible for our sacks given up as poor O Line play, he had long enough to get rid of the ball to avoid the safety Yesterday he just wouldn't do it, there were other sacks in vital spots where a good vet QB just doesn't hold the ball that long, not in any circumstances.

So yeah the offense is vanilla in the extreme, the roster is shot, but Wentz has had three years since the Superbowl and the trend has been downward, I struggle to believe he has it in him at this point to live up to his contract and the band of people who used to defend him week in week out in the press is dwindling by the week too, which is a sure sign that the game is almost up. 

You're the reason I don't have to post most of the time. You've already said it. Thanks for saving me the typing. 

• Like 1

Seattle ranks at or near the bottom in pass defense. If Carson can't have success this week, then he can polish the bench with his behind as far as I'm concerned. I don't think Hurts will be any better, but at least it'll be different.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

What I want to know is, what kind of message does it send to the rest of the team when you don’t sit another player that has been playing like total crap all season?  It sends a message that poor play is excusable, that you won’t be held accountable.  Any other player playing that poorly over such a long stretch is likely to have been benched.  So does this let the rest of the team know that Wentz receives special treatment, that he isn’t held to the same standard and expectations that apply to everyone else?  

RIGHT!!!! You stated it perfectly here....if he hasn't lost the locker room yet then in my opinion its fast approaching with these excuses for poor play....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

RIGHT!!!! You stated it perfectly here....if he hasn't lost the locker room yet then in my opinion its fast approaching with these excuses for poor play....

Come on. That’s not fair - Peters receives special treatment as well.

I’m looking forward to Wentz demanding more money to play the QB2 position.

• Haha 1

All of this disaster this year and Doug says "I'm not changing anything." Fire him IN SEASON, within the next 3 losses in a row.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Have you been watching the rest of the team? You don't think other players are stinking it up weekly yet still being put on the field??

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Come on. That’s not fair - Peters receives special treatment as well.

Covered that in a different thread.  Peters has been playing awful - another example of a player that should be benched but Doug refuses to do so out of blind loyalty.  

19 hours ago, Portyansky said:

The league is turning into a scrambling QB league. And the QB that can scramble and be accurate is deadly... Mahomes and Wilson come to mind. Not gonna mention Lamar bc he is not accurate. Just a RB playing QB. I say give Hurts a shot. 

Yeah it sure seems like the league is catching up with him lately...never really liked him as a QB or pure running QBs in general.

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

All of this disaster this year and Doug says "I'm not changing anything." Fire him IN SEASON, within the next 3 losses in a row.

Think Lurie will do it after the season out of respect for Doug.  He is a class guy but it's not working out.  They should take a look at Hurts if the season is lost.

8 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

This isn’t 1985. Wilson, Burrough, Murray, and Herbert succeeded immediately.

25 minutes ago, Miami said:

Think Lurie will do it after the season out of respect for Doug.  He is a class guy but it's not working out.  They should take a look at Hurts if the season is lost.

I’m concerned that Doug will be here a few more years.

12 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’m concerned that Doug will be here a few more years.

I do think regardless of what happens this year that he will be given next year to right the ship. The Lombardi likely buys him a longer leash (longer than he deserves).  If 2021 is a carbon copy of this year then perhaps Lurie cans him (and maybe ... just maybe ... Howie too).  

2 hours ago, Miami said:

For Hurts to play, they will have to FORCE Doug to play him. Fire him and let Marty finish up the season and then hire a coach offseason. If you let Doug stay, he is going to get Wentz killed and keep pissing off players who deserve to be playing, but Doug won't let them play. Get rid of him after this weekends loss. Gone. THAT will start to help this team and Wentz. It's time. This isn't about a "classy guy"- it's about what is best for this football team- now, before the whole team rebels against this garbage. I wish Howie could be included, but that will have to wait. Start with Doug.

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

Who do you think will want to trade for a QB playing as a bottom 5 player at his position on a top 5 QB salary?

i think you take Wentz out of our offense, put in on the 49ers, or Patriots, or several other teams, and you'll see the guy we all thought Wentz was, or was supposed to be. 

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

i think you take Wentz out of our offense, put in on the 49ers, or Patriots, or several other teams, and you'll see the guy we all thought Wentz was, or was supposed to be. 

I'm just not sure about that. I mean Cam was a talented QB but he's fallen off a cliff and he's in a supposedly good set up in NE. Wentz has flaws in his game that I don't think are going to be fixed. 

• Like 1

The Plan. 1) Behead Howie. 2) Stick DP on the stake. ..3)The rest of the team will get the message. LOL.

I’ll tell you what would be the most Eagles/Pederson/Howie move ever. Wentz gets knocked out of the game early, and Hurts comes in to beat Seattle, which they haven’t been able to do in years.... Then the following week Wentz is right back in the starting lineup, even if not 100%. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm just not sure about that. I mean Cam was a talented QB but he's fallen off a cliff and he's in a supposedly good set up in NE. Wentz has flaws in his game that I don't think are going to be fixed. 

That is actually a great comparison. I am still scratching my head as to what happened there because it was just a few years ago when he balled out of control, was considered (or won, I think) the MVP of the league and went to the superbowl.....since that time and since being in New England, he has looked very average to me.....

8 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

That is actually a great comparison. I am still scratching my head as to what happened there because it was just a few years ago when he balled out of control, was considered (or won, I think) the MVP of the league and went to the superbowl.....since that time and since being in New England, he has looked very average to me.....

I think injuries have played a part there, I think the league figuring him out has played a part too. Both things I think we can say about Carson. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, time2rock said:

Ya don't know when I've ever seen a QB have this poor of a performance in a single season. 2 turnovers a game is shocking. He needs benched regardless what he's being paid.

• Like 2