It's not even a thought with Pederson

GeorgeM37

I wrote this elsewhere but I genuinely doubt its Doug’s call. Would have been Andy’s, would have been Chip’s, but it doesn’t seem they give Doug as much control/deference, winning a Super Bowl notwithstanding. 

On 11/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, GeorgeM37 said:

if he hasn't lost the locker room yet then in my opinion its fast approaching with these excuses for poor play....

I believe he's lost the offensive side of the ball, the only player giving 100% effort is Sanders, the OL seemingly just don't give a damn on passing plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I believe he's lost the offensive side of the ball, the only player giving 100% effort is Sanders, the OL seemingly just don't give a damn on passing plays.

Or they just aren't very good? JP is done, Lane is far from 100%, Kelce is at the end of his career. Seumalo has always been decent but not great and now the guys either side of him are showing signs of struggle perhaps he's being exposed?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Or they just aren't very good? JP is done, Lane is far from 100%, Kelce is at the end of his career. Seumalo has always been decent but not great and now the guys either side of him are showing signs of struggle perhaps he's being exposed?

Being good and giving 100% effort are two different things, if you take a look at the safety, the only player that acted like he gave a damn was Peters which is understandable, the other guys were walking around like, "whatever".

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Being good and giving 100% effort are two different things, if you take a look at the safety, the only player that acted like he gave a damn was Peters which is understandable, the other guys were walking around like, "whatever".

I’m not sure I buy this theory, but if you’re correct, how much of that has to do with the team just not believing in Wentz as their QB anymore? There was already rumblings the last couple seasons that he doesn’t have full support of the locker room, that some of the guys have seen him as stubborn. 

It would be interesting if Hurts finally got his shot, and the whole offense had more juice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

15 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

He had 4 seconds to get rid of the ball, 80% of the sacks he's taken this year he's had over 4 seconds to get rid of the ball, the O Line get slaughtered with stuff like your first post about giving up so many sacks despite giving him as much time as most O Lines in the professional game can most of the time, never mind a lash up job like we have, it's not really surprising that they're beginning to lose interest.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’m not sure I buy this theory, but if you’re correct, how much of that has to do with the team just not believing in Wentz as their QB anymore? There was already rumblings the last couple seasons that he doesn’t have full support of the locker room, that some of the guys have seen him as stubborn. 

It would be interesting if Hurts finally got his shot, and the whole offense had more juice. 

Personally, I think it says more about them than Wentz if that’s the case. Whether they believe or disbelieve in Wentz, they are still paid very well to do their job. 

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Personally, I think it says more about them than Wentz if that’s the case. Whether they believe or disbelieve in Wentz, they are still paid very well to do their job. 

I understand that point of view. But these guys are human. I’d compare it to a company with a **** supervisor that his "subordinates” don’t respect and dislike working with. Low morale leads to decreased productivity. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I understand that point of view. But these guys are human. I’d compare it to a company with a **** supervisor that his "subordinates” don’t respect and dislike working with. Low morale leads to decreased productivity. 

And lord knows most of us have had to deal with those people at some point in their working lives....so that analogy completely fits....

On 11/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, toolg said:

The whole offense is bad, from players to coaching. Yes Wentz is bad too... But going without Wentz, all of the other problems are still there. Are the Eagles still trying to win, to limp whatever is left of this team into the playoffs? Then benching Wentz solves nothing. Or do they give up and start evaluating players for next year and beyond? Then start Hurts for the rest of the season.

McNabb was benched at halftime, he came back on fire. It worked because the team was good, McNabb just needed to wake-up. This team isn't playing good, they're dysfunctional from coaching to players. Bench Wentz for one game, he comes back to the same problems, he goes back to making the same mistakes. It won't make the Eagles any better to bench Wentz, to start the rookie Hurts.

What I'm saying is: Once they clinch a losing record and are out of contention, pack it all in and evaluate next year. Until then, try to compete(?).

and to add..there is no guarantee that Wentz would respond positively to a benching...if anything he might get even worse as he would be compelled to go into gunslinger mode on every play...to prove himself and everyone else wrong...and this could spell even more disaster...i get the sense that wentz is too fragile ego-wise