1. 1. Who do you hate more?

• Pederson
    • Wentz
    • Howie
    • Peters
    • Schwartz
    • Other

On 11/28/2020 at 2:24 PM, wyote said:

Obviously I don't have the expertise to answer this or even to look into it, but to me this is the biggest, most urgent question. We can be as angry as we want about how this team looks right now, but there isn't a team in the league that could be competitive with this many injuries. 

We can also say that they brought in too many old, injury-prone veterans, but it's not just older players.  

Even in 2017 they had too many injuries, so this is the fourth year in a row. I know they changed the medical staff in that time, but apparently not for the better. 

Maybe it's really nothing but bad luck, but I hope someone can figure it out. 

alot of it is conditioning, when chip kelly came here, he must have brought in the best conditioning coaches because i have never seen a team this healthy in a long time and probably one of the biggest reasons why they made the playoffs his first year, when it comes to doug i think it has alot to do with who he hires, probably not in terms of quality, probably more to do with his connections and not what's best.

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

alot of it is conditioning, when chip kelly came here, he must have brought in the best conditioning coaches because i have never seen a team this healthy in a long time and probably one of the biggest reasons why they made the playoffs his first year, when it comes to doug i think it has alot to do with who he hires, probably not in terms of quality, probably more to do with his connections and not what's best.

Chip was a nut when it came to conditioning, nutrition, and things like that. I remember he had individual plans drawn up for each player: what they were supposed to eat, what strength and exercises they should do, etc. I think that was something uniquely important to Chip, and you could say it worked. Doug isn't so focused on that, leaving it up the each player and training staff.

Injuries are tough to predict. But something is going on when it feels each season is derailed in some part to injury. Part of it is so much reliance on the old players. Part of it seems the medical staff is constantly turning over each year. But I don't think that's up to Doug.

Doug's hires are something else. It felt like they went all out at first: They got highly some recommended coaches in Reich as OC, Schwartz as DC... Since then, it's like they'd rather promote in-house than look outside for new coaching talent. So it's eroded as coaches leave. If they keep going this way, they'll need to turnover the whole thing and start new.