I only blame Doug for 1 thing...

Portyansky

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

This is just a desperate attempt to rationalize a "slump." He can play better. He is playing poorly too often. While I do think it's "in his head" --- I don't think it has anything to do with the concussion. He's always had the high throws. He's always had the accuracy issues. He's always held the ball longer than you like at times, trying to extend plays. These are not new things that just started this season. They are only slightly more common than they were. In the past, the mistakes were fortunately less costly (potential INTs were dropped or the defender wasn't looking and fumbles were recovered by the Eagles). The law of averages has caught up to him this year and it seems more hopeless than it really is. Wentz just needs to settle down mentally and his teammates need to step up a bit. Pederson can do a much better job trying to force things to improve and shift his philosophy to favor the things that are fine and allow the other areas to improve naturally as defenses react.

Bullsh**. Desperate? To do what- post on an internet message board? You did nothing here that doesn't lend itself to the result of a head injury. You tried to cancel my line of thought and replace it with your own- FAIL. Keep your opinion, but you you haven't proved mine wrong at all.

3 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Are you saying he needs another concussion and maybe it reverses itself? Guess who we play Monday. Although Clowney not there. But still.

Not saying that at all. Just saying sometimes concussion issues just don't go away, like you normally see. They don't want to talk about that too much in the NFL. Sometimes, concussions leave long lasting effects, some that are not all that noticeable, but they are there. A damn near league MVP a few years ago does NOT all of a sudden just suck, coaching or no coaching.

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

Bullsh**. Desperate? To do what- post on an internet message board? You did nothing here that doesn't lend itself to the result of a head injury. You tried to cancel my line of thought and replace it with your own- FAIL. Keep your opinion, but you you haven't proved mine wrong at all.

I stand by what I said. You have discounted every other factor and arrived at a conclusion you wanted to arrive at. This whole team has struggled. Nobody has stepped up to help. The play-calling doesn't seem to be helping as much as it can. Wentz is having his worst season. But somehow ... it's just because his concussion has caused him to process information a few seconds slower than everybody else? I mean ... seriously ... He wouldn't even be able to drive a car if that was the case. So, yes, it's my opinion you are trying to rationalize his poor play as a result of the concussion, with absolutely no medical opinions backing up your claim. 

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

This is just a desperate attempt to rationalize a "slump." He can play better. He is playing poorly too often. While I do think it's "in his head" --- I don't think it has anything to do with the concussion. He's always had the high throws. He's always had the accuracy issues. He's always held the ball longer than you like at times, trying to extend plays. These are not new things that just started this season. They are only slightly more common than they were. In the past, the mistakes were fortunately less costly (potential INTs were dropped or the defender wasn't looking and fumbles were recovered by the Eagles). The law of averages has caught up to him this year and it seems more hopeless than it really is. Wentz just needs to settle down mentally and his teammates need to step up a bit. Pederson can do a much better job trying to force things to improve and shift his philosophy to favor the things that are fine and allow the other areas to improve naturally as defenses react.

I think it's all of Wentzs problems he has always had like you said and  those problems are being exposed behind the worse oline he has ever had. There is a lot wrong here and it's not just Wentz all of a sudden being the worse QB in the league. It's definitely not any one single thing that is effing Wentz up. 

• Like 1

Whether it’s fair or not, I think Doug and the entire coaching staff needs to be let go along with Howie after the season. Tear it down and rebuild. 

Hire a new GM and let him hire your new head coach, and let that coach assemble his staff. Let the new GM/coach decide if they think they can fix Wentz or not. If not, then gotta just try to trade him to get him out of here with as little dead cap as possible. It’s clearly a multi-year rebuild that primarily needs to be via the draft, and the few young talented players we have. So that means the "core” you’re putting together these next couple of years will be cheap, helping offset whatever dead cap would be owed for Wentz. If we see Hurts down the stretch for a few games here and he looks good, that would be ideal if the new coach likes him. 

In any case, it would be a nice opportunity for a new GM and coach to hit the ground running in a year where the team is likely to have a top 5 pick in the draft. 

6 minutes ago, nipples said:

Whether it’s fair or not, I think Doug and the entire coaching staff needs to be let go along with Howie after the season. Tear it down and rebuild. 

Hire a new GM and let him hire your new head coach, and let that coach assemble his staff. Let the new GM/coach decide if they think they can fix Wentz or not. If not, then gotta just try to trade him to get him out of here with as little dead cap as possible. It’s clearly a multi-year rebuild that primarily needs to be via the draft, and the few young talented players we have. So that means the "core” you’re putting together these next couple of years will be cheap, helping offset whatever dead cap would be owed for Wentz. If we see Hurts down the stretch for a few games here and he looks good, that would be ideal if the new coach likes him. 

In any case, it would be a nice opportunity for a new GM and coach to hit the ground running in a year where the team is likely to have a top 5 pick in the draft. 

In that case I would just hang on to Wentz build the lines back up draft some skill players and if Wentz still sucks after those few years of building then draft your new qb of the future with a team already built for him to have success from the start. 

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

In that case I would just hang on to Wentz build the lines back up draft some skill players and if Wentz still sucks after those few years of building then draft your new qb of the future with a team already built for him to have success from the start. 

I wouldn’t hamstring a new coach with a quarterback that he does not want. That’s why I’m saying let the new coach decide if he wants Wentz or not. If he does, then fine keep him while you try to rebuild. But if that new coach comes in and has a vision for the offense, and does not see Wentz as a part of that vision, then you move on. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, DBW said:

I don’t think they drafted hurts with the intention of him being a replacement or plan B.  And i don’t think he even knows the offense well enough to try right now.  Think about it, he wasnt a great passer in college, he had zero camp, zero preseason, didn’t even dress until like the 3rd game(?), and you haven’t seen him attempt a throw except the stupid screen crap back to wentz or a tight end behind the LoS.  If he knew the offense even a little bit, doug might have pulled wentz.  But it’s clear he’s only in for packages they run just for him ala taysom hill in NO. Look at what Taysom did in the game he was forced to start, basically ran the ball all night and made some basic throws.  And NO dressed him along with jameis even when all qbs were healthy. Doug can’t dress Nate and hurts and Carson because they have too many injuries all over the roster, otherwise Nate would be the true backup and hurts would just be another weapon. But because he’s listed as a qb and dressed people assume he’s the backup and could just jump right in to start any day now.   Never gonna happen.  He hasn’t had time to learn the offense to start and god forbid he had to enter a game, we’d be totally screwed. 

When Sudfeld is not dressed and Wentz gets hurt, Hurts has to go in, ready or not.  He has to be able to function as a QB.  If the coaches have not prepared him to do that, it would be a disaster.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, brkmsn said:

I stand by what I said. You have discounted every other factor and arrived at a conclusion you wanted to arrive at. This whole team has struggled. Nobody has stepped up to help. The play-calling doesn't seem to be helping as much as it can. Wentz is having his worst season. But somehow ... it's just because his concussion has caused him to process information a few seconds slower than everybody else? I mean ... seriously ... He wouldn't even be able to drive a car if that was the case. So, yes, it's my opinion you are trying to rationalize his poor play as a result of the concussion, with absolutely no medical opinions backing up your claim. 

I appreciate your point of view. If you think a player of NFL MVP capability just loses it it overnight, that's fine. I don't think that is even possible. He isn't Markell Fultz. 

10 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

I appreciate your point of view. If you think a player of NFL MVP capability just loses it it overnight, that's fine. I don't think that is even possible. He isn't Markell Fultz. 

I never said he "lost it." My point is this whole offense is off track and it's crazy to discount the effect of the inconsistent and below par performance of the offensive line this season with all the injuries and lack of continuity. You can look at virtually any QB's season stats and you'll find a direct correlation between those and how many sacks/hits/hurries/pressures they took. While Wentz has to take the credit for many sacks (which is normal), those decisions (QBs making mistakes) are a direct result of increased pressure by the defense. In other words, there's a huge difference between being comfortable and not being comfortable in the pocket as a passer. 

I guarantee that when the line improves, Wentz' performance will as well. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I never said he "lost it." My point is this whole offense is off track and it's crazy to discount the effect of the inconsistent and below par performance of the offensive line this season with all the injuries and lack of continuity. You can look at virtually any QB's season stats and you'll find a direct correlation between those and how many sacks/hits/hurries/pressures they took. While Wentz has to take the credit for many sacks (which is normal), those decisions (QBs making mistakes) are a direct result of increased pressure by the defense. In other words, there's a huge difference between being comfortable and not being comfortable in the pocket as a passer. 

I guarantee that when the line improves, Wentz' performance will as well. 

I would rather YOU be right and I be wrong- for Wentz's healths sake. We'll see. He is processing info slower than everyone around him right now.