OFFICIAL: Lane Johnson out for the year

Hawkeye

54 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Except its

LT-LG-C-LT-RG 

RG-TG-HOFC-RLT-AG

That's for "RugbyGuy" - "Turnstile Guard" - "Best Center We've Ever Deployed" - "Retired Left Tackle" - "Awful Guard".

At least, that's what they're known as in my household.

1 hour ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

So does Peters stay at right guard or kick to right tackle?

I'd prefer that he retire and we move forward with Mailata. Peters is done. 

• Like 2

The whole situation with Lane has been a mess. He had surgery during TC when he could of had it earlier. He played when he wasn't fully healthy and now this? I mean it's a complete mess. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

He should've never played until fully healed. I wonder who's fault it was waiting 3 weeks until the opener for him to have surgery which should've been done after last season ended

This right here, why was he even out there? He was never at 100% and clearly if he needed surgery then why was he playing? This stems from the Front office thinking they had a chance to win the division and go into playoffs. That is why he was playing. (or im crazy) but man who call was it to have him out there hurt?

I'll pass on knocking the best right tackle in the history of the franchise for trying to navigate an injury that he and the medical staff obviously consulted on earlier this season, he reinjured and then he played through as long as he could. 

Apparently many in this thread have cut straight through HIPPA and confidential documentation to fully know and judge the situation. After all, Lane was extremely selfish playing through extreme pain to help this team in a season which means ... oh wait ... less than nothing. 

Damn that Lane Johnson! Damn him! 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The whole situation with Lane has been a mess. He had surgery during TC when he could of had it earlier. He played when he wasn't fully healthy and now this? I mean it's a complete mess. 

That’s one reasonable interpretation.

I know we like to blame the training staff,  but there’s also the possibility that his body and, very specifically, his ankle, are failing.  What if the new training staff isn’t incompetent?  What if this ankle problem is advanced and severe enough that it wasn’t obvious surgery could have fixed anything earlier, that they knew things were as optimized as they could be once he played this year.  

There is the possibility that this was going south no matter how they tried to manage it.

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

There is the possibility that this was going south no matter how they tried to manage it.

You must be new here. Eagles fans are obliged to **** about every medical decision.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty negligent of him to have his surgery in training camp and hamper the team the entire year over it. Jackson did the same thing last year and he got killed for it, but we rip the team when Lane does it? 

There were plenty of us making comparisons to DJax regarding Lane with regard to the timing of the surgery and rushing back too soon.  So once again the fans were right??  :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stinkfist said:

I'll pass on knocking the best right tackle in the history of the franchise for trying to navigate an injury that he and the medical staff obviously consulted on earlier this season, he reinjured and then he played through as long as he could. 

Apparently many in this thread have cut straight through HIPPA and confidential documentation to fully know and judge the situation. After all, Lane was extremely selfish playing through extreme pain to help this team in a season which means ... oh wait ... less than nothing. 

Damn that Lane Johnson! Damn him! 

IIRC it was reported that the ankle injury was from last season and that he waited until August to have the surgery

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Issac and Kelce? Though Kelce is banged up

Are Hawks injured or just bad starters? I honestly don't know. I don't watch them but heard their defense sucks

I was saying Lane should have got the surgery in the beginning of the year. I was just focused on the team because he wasn't 100% and they put him in

I’ll give him some credit that he went out there injured just like Kelce did last week,  it this was totally on Lane for taking too long to get the surgery. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I’ll give him some credit that he went out there injured just like Kelce did last week,  it this was totally on Lane for taking too long to get the surgery. 

It's admirable to an extent. If we were winning then yea. We're losing so I'd rather have him healthy for the future IMO

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know some don’t think this way, but maybe it’s time to move on from Lane too. He’s always seemed like there was something up with this guy. From the PEDs and now this stuff. I know he’s talented, and the Eagles have a darn good record in games he’s played, but he will be 31 next season, has had a lot of injury problems, and makes bad decisions. He probably has 5 seasons left, but maybe 3 as a top tier type lineman. Trade him and get something for him and clear up some of this cap space. Start Dillard and Mialata at the tackles next season. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's admirable to an extent. If we were winning then yea. We're losing so I'd rather have him healthy for the future IMO

I think it’s time to move on. He will be 31, this team is in cap hell starting 2021, and need more picks to build up a young roster. 

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think it’s time to move on. He will be 31, this team is in cap hell starting 2021, and need more picks to build up a young roster. 

I don't think we can. I think I saw someone saying he's one of those that the contract makes untradeable

Howie really screwed us up

59 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

IIRC it was reported that the ankle injury was from last season and that he waited until August to have the surgery

Yes that is accurate.  Never understood why he waited until August to get that surgery.  And then rushing back before he was 100% was not a smart move.  

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I don't think we can. I think I saw someone saying he's one of those that the contract makes untradeable

This is true.  In 2021 if we moved on from Lane we’d incur a $39M dead money hit to the cap.  In 2022 that number drops to (only) $21M and then $14M in 2023.  It isn’t until 2024 when the dead money hit is $7M and the cap savings are $11M.  

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This is true.  In 2021 if we moved on from Lane we’d incur a $39M dead money hit to the cap.  In 2022 that number drops to (only) $21M and then $14M in 2023.  It isn’t until 2024 when the dead money hit is $7M and the cap savings are $11M.  

Very disappointing to see how bad Howie has messed things up. He can’t draft, and has marred this roster with old injury prone players that cat be traded. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Very disappointing to see how bad Howie has messed things up. He can’t draft, and has marred this roster with old injury prone players that cat be traded. 

Kicking the can down the road eventually catches up to you, especially when you don’t have a strong pipeline of young talent ready to step in so you are forced to re-sign aging vets and paying them quite a bit more than you would young players on rookie contracts.  Yep ... he’s made a mess of not only the roster but the cap. Good luck wiggling out of this one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Hence my statement that the fans and media cut straight through HIPAA and team doctors and somehow have the inside tract ...

You know what, the fact that I'm having this conversation is f'ing retarded. 

It's like listening to someone tell you that water isn't wet. 

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I know we like to blame the training staff,  but there’s also the possibility that his body and, very specifically, his ankle, are failing.  What if the new training staff isn’t incompetent?  What if this ankle problem is advanced and severe enough that it wasn’t obvious surgery could have fixed anything earlier, that they knew things were as optimized as they could be once he played this year.  

I think it could be a mixture of the two. I mean why did he have surgery so late? Given that it was an injury that was lingering from last year? Makes no sense. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I know some don’t think this way, but maybe it’s time to move on from Lane too. He’s always seemed like there was something up with this guy. From the PEDs and now this stuff. I know he’s talented, and the Eagles have a darn good record in games he’s played, but he will be 31 next season, has had a lot of injury problems, and makes bad decisions. He probably has 5 seasons left, but maybe 3 as a top tier type lineman. Trade him and get something for him and clear up some of this cap space. Start Dillard and Mialata at the tackles next season. 

I mean you may have a point but... We can't afford to be looking for a RT this year too. We need to try and get him back healthy and see where he's at. 

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

He should've never played until fully healed. I wonder who's fault it was waiting 3 weeks until the opener for him to have surgery which should've been done after last season ended

he will juice up again to heal now he's done for the year then next season he will get a dirty test and get suspended again , man the state of the eagles these days. is this the price for the superbowl? steady decline