OFFICIAL: Lane Johnson out for the year

Hawkeye

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean you may have a point but... We can't afford to be looking for a RT this year too. We need to try and get him back healthy and see where he's at. 

We would have Dillard and Mialata at tackle. Everyone keeps telling me Dillard is the greatest thing since sliced bread (I don’t believe that though) and I think Mialata would be better suited at RT anyway. With that being the case Lane’s contract is so backloaded and has bee restructured so often the Eagles can’t let him go anytime soon without a major cap hit. 

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

We would have Dillard and Mialata at tackle. Everyone keeps telling me Dillard is the greatest thing since sliced bread (I don’t believe that though) and I think Mialata would be better suited at RT anyway. With that being the case Lane’s contract is so backloaded and has bee restructured so often the Eagles can’t let him go anytime soon without a major cap hit. 

I'm not sure that's the general view of Dillard amongst Eagles fans is it? I mean I think he's actually OK and played pretty well at LT in a few games last year but it's too early to tell. 

The future is now on the O line. Can't rely on Brooks or Johnson anymore, Peters needs to retire. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The future is now on the O line. Can't rely on Brooks or Johnson anymore, Peters needs to retire. 

Probably not Kelce much longer either. Gonna need a lot of pieces there plus depth. 

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

There were plenty of us making comparisons to DJax regarding Lane with regard to the timing of the surgery and rushing back too soon.  So once again the fans were right??  :o

Why does it seem like this team's medical staff gets worse and worse every year since the Super Bowl?

18 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Why does it seem like this team's medical staff gets worse and worse every year since the Super Bowl?

They’ve certainly had their issues, but could this be that Lane elected to not have the surgery immediately (at the conclusion of last season)?  Maybe this is on Lane, not the medical staff?