The 2021 Draft

Philthy Jawn

I think it's pretty clear that we need to use our upcoming first-round pick--which should be in the top five-on a wide receiver.  I know the near-consensus is a defensive player, but it looks like Reagor may not have it.  In the very least, he's no Jefferson and I'm not sure he has the hands or the route running to be a slot receiver.   Forget the fact we used this year's first on WR.  Until this team get the WR position right, this should be a top priority.  

I’ll take Patrick surtain or another CB before a WR in the top 7

if we trade back I am game for a WR 

1 minute ago, Damanick10 said:

Howie needs to go first. We can't waste these prime picks.

Oh, I think Howie's gone fwiw.  

WR would be a huge mistake. We need a young playmaker on D or OL. Good WR can be had later in the draft. You don’t get a Bosa type player later in the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Offensive line all the way. 

Kelce may retire.

3 starters coming back off serious season ending injury. 

Poor depth. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

WR would be a huge mistake. We need a young playmaker on D or OL. Good WR can be had later in the draft. You don’t get a Bosa type player later in the draft. 

No Bosa in this draft. DE is pretty weak. Only 2 DEs worth taking it the 1st rd and I believe they're a tad bit overhyped due to the poor class. I'd be in for Surtain

6 minutes ago, Br3 said:

We need a WR but I still believe in reagor. How is this his fault

We have no idea what reagor did that play with just that one still photo. Maybe a LB dropped back and covered him. 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

No Bosa in this draft. DE is pretty weak. Only 2 DEs worth taking it the 1st rd and I believe they're a tad bit overhyped due to the poor class. I'd be in for Surtain

Surtain would be a great playmaker on D as well. Him and Slay would really allow our current DL to feast. 

It's a very deep oline class. Having a high pick will work in our favor. If they take a guy like Surtain and guy like Creed Humphrey could fall into the 2nd rd. However you look at it, it's a deep class and the Eagles always address that position 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Surtain would be a great playmaker on D as well. Him and Slay would really allow our current DL to feast. 

Agreed. I don't believe oline is a real big need. They have good depth and Brooks and Dillard will be back. Mialata looks solid and the more reps he gets the better he'll be. Lane should be back healthy. The handling of his ankle was a complete disaster. I would like them to address Kelce replacement. Creed Humphrey looks to be a late 1st early 2nd rd pick. I'd love to get a guy like him

• Like 1

Graham, Barnett, and Malik Jackson might all be cap casualties after this season.  At least 2 of the 3 will be gone 

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It's a very deep oline class. Having a high pick will work in our favor. If they take a guy like Surtain and guy like Creed Humphrey could fall into the 2nd rd. However you look at it, it's a deep class and the Eagles always address that position 

At the same time we’ve also heard about a deep CB class where we took Jones, a deep RB class where we took Pumphrey. A deep WR class where we took Reagor. 

Maybe let’s stop waiting for what’s left of the deep class and get one of the top guys. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Graham, Barnett, and Malik Jackson might all be cap casualties after this season.  At least 2 of the 3 will be gone 

I’m fine with Graham and Malik leaving. Resign Barnett, draft another DE with the 2nd round pick. They’ll always sign a cheap vet DE on a 1 year deal as well. Then you’ve got a rotation of Barnett, Sweat, 2nd round rookie, and vet. 

At the same time we’ve also heard about a deep CB class where we took Jones, a deep RB class where we took Pumphrey. A deep WR class where we took Reagor. 

Maybe let’s stop waiting for what’s left of the deep class and get one of the top guys. 

That's Howie. Hopefully he's gone at the end of the season 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

I’m fine with Graham and Malik leaving. Resign Barnett, draft another DE with the 2nd round pick. They’ll always sign a cheap vet DE on a 1 year deal as well. Then you’ve got a rotation of Barnett, Sweat, 2nd round rookie, and vet. 

Agreed. I think Barnett gets an extension. The kid is 24. Can't give up on him. He shows flashes but this year he's having his best season. He's played well

1 minute ago, Br3 said:

Nice. Howie will take a fireman. 

If we're lucky, he won't be here

I feel like we're a mess all over. The only areas I would say we're semi solid is TE and RB

27 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I think it's pretty clear that we need to use our upcoming first-round pick--which should be in the top five-on a wide receiver.  I know the near-consensus is a defensive player, but it looks like Reagor may not have it.  In the very least, he's no Jefferson and I'm not sure he has the hands or the route running to be a slot receiver.   Forget the fact we used this year's first on WR.  Until this team get the WR position right, this should be a top priority.  

WR is the #1 bust position in the 1st round.  You don't draft them there.  Good drafting teams like the Steelers get them in the 2nd, 3rd and sometimes later.  There are plenty of WRs coming out of college every year.  Kids realize that RBs don't get paid and have short careers, so the best players in the country no longer want to run the ball.  They play WR.  The Steelers took the kid from Notre Dame in the 2nd.  He's going to be in the pro bowl as a rookie.  They get AB in the 5th or 6th, then traded him for a 3 & 5 and took Johnson from Toledo in the 3rd,  Everyone thought it early but of course the Steelers were right.  They are the best drafting team in the modern era.  Have gotten numerous other excellent WRs, but they do not draft them in the 1st round.  That round is for your 5 premium positions.  1) QB, 2) LT then RT, 3/4) DE/CB, 5) DT.  You look first at those 5 position in rounds 1 & 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaglegenius said:

D'vante Smith would raise this team up a level.

I like Smith a lot. He's second behind Chase for me.

Chase

Smith

Waddle 

Marshall JR

2 Bama 2 LSU lol

• Like 1