The 2021 Draft

Philthy Jawn

I'll say this about the top of the draft and wide receiver. 

A guy I've been friends with for 15 years is a scout for an NFL team. Last year when the Eagles pick came up, I actually preferred Aiyuk as I wasn't 100% sure on Jefferson and was not a Reagor fan. His response still sits in my head. 

"Not sure what they are thinking. Have Jefferson as a Top 3 WR over Ruggs. Would have taken Jefferson and then Aiyuk there. Forget fit." 

He then said...

"Next year is the real gem. Forget best receiver, best player in the draft is probably Ja'marr Chase."

That has kind of stuck with me. I love defense. I mean I love it. I know this guy well and he's good at evaluating talent. He tells me he thinks a kid might be the best player in an entire draft, my ears are open. 

On 11/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, wtfcares said:

WR would be a huge mistake. We need a young playmaker on D or OL. Good WR can be had later in the draft. You don’t get a Bosa type player later in the draft. 

Just get the pick right. This team has so many holes just draft a Pro Bowler at any position. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, wtfcares said:

WR would be a huge mistake. We need a young playmaker on D or OL. Good WR can be had later in the draft. You don’t get a Bosa type player later in the draft. 

Unless the WR is someone like Julio, taking one in the top 5-10 is a big risk.  You can end up with a Julio or Mike Evans type of player but they could also end up like Justin Blackmon on the flip side.

O or D-lineman is probably the safest bet.  What sucks is that this year we should have a very high pick but because of Covid we not get to properly evaluate some players.  Jamar Chase is a guy I hear we could take.  He hasnt played all year as he opted out.  Is that good or bad?  Other players that opted out.....is that good that they took a year off from football?  I'm not so sure.