45 Passes ... 9 Runs

time2rock

Pass:run ratio for last night ... with a makeshift OL and a QB that has been struggling mightily (not to mention high winds).  I seriously don't know how Doug doesn't realize more balance is needed (84% passes to 16% runs is not going to win you many games).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doug at press conference: they did well shutting down the run...

Lol the running game that he did not even try. After the 3 and out on three straight passing plays, I knew Doug had no intention of running the ball. Yet they run more play-action passes like the defense are going to bite on the run LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Technically it was 56 passing plays. You have to take away the runs Carson ran because they were pass plays. And he was sacked 6 times. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol the running game that he did not even try. After the 3 and out on three straight passing plays, I knew Doug had no intention of running the ball. Yet they run more play-action passes like the defense are going to bite on the run LOL

That’s a pretty stupid statement on Doug’s part. How can you say they shut down the run when your top RB, who happens to be your best offensive player, only got 6 carries the entire game? 

• Like 2

What happened to Howard? He didn’t even get a sniff of the field. Just kind of a mess here. These guys are a joke right now.

1 minute ago, nipples said:

That’s a pretty stupid statement on Doug’s part. How can you say they shut down the run when your top RB, who happens to be your best offensive player, only got 6 carries the entire game? 

Did he not notice they owned his passing attack too?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

What happened to Howard? He didn’t even get a sniff of the field. Just kind of a mess here. These guys are a joke right now.

Well when Sanders only even gets 6 attempts, I’m not surprised Howard didn’t see the field. 

It’s sad how they’re wasting Sanders talent. In an offense that actually runs the ball consistently, I think Sanders has the talent to be a top 5-10 RB in the league. He’s just given no chance at getting anywhere near that level. 

This crap makes me so angry.  Doug really needs to be stripped of playcalling duties.  I mean sure, the Seahawks have the worst pass defense in the league, but if you don't have time to throw, it really doesn't matter.  Carson isn't playing well, but the o-line and the play calling are not helping him out one bit.  We have an excellent running back who just may as well stand around with his thumb in his ass.

• Like 1

Doug committing to the run... I like it.

My god! You're QB is a mess, he's broken and you run the ball 9 freaking times? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well when Sanders only even gets 6 attempts, I’m not surprised Howard didn’t see the field. 

It’s sad how they’re wasting Sanders talent. In an offense that actually runs the ball consistently, I think Sanders has the talent to be a top 5-10 RB in the league. He’s just given no chance at getting anywhere near that level. 

If I am Sanders, I get the hell out of Philly as soon as possible. 

Not only are they wasting his talent, they are affecting his money. When it's time to go to the table, his stats won't be anywhere near not RBs so he can't ask for that.

Sanders is starting to get visually frustrated with Wentz always throwing it low to him. I don't blame him

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

If I’m being honest I don’t think Sanders can handle that kind of workload. He gets a lot of soft tissue nicks, and he fumbles a lot. The Eagles don’t need to make him a bell cow, but their lack of commitment to run it at all is just terrible.

• Like 2

I understand that when facing the 32nd pass defense in the league AND one on pace for being the worst ever in NFL history, that you might want to throw it a little more, but what Doug did to that run/pass ratio looked like a sex crime. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, nipples said:

And no Howard.  If there was a game to get him involved in the game plan, this was it.  

When the game is just beginning and it is 1st and 5, that is the time to call a run, try to get that first 1st down out of the way. Opening with 3 passes after that and chalking up a 3 and out, is inexcusable. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

We also did a good job of shutting down the run, the difference

Eagles - 14 carries for 70 yards, 9 for 28 without Wentz carries

Seattle - 30 carries for 76 yards, 24 for 64 without Wilson carries.

One team was committed to it, the Eagles did not.

I wonder if Doug wants out of town? He's sure coaching like it lately. I wonder if the Howie effect is happening again. He keeps picking scrubs for the coaches to work with and then makes a trade to try to ease the pain. It's like putting Neosporin on a freaking tumor.

Howie Hubris must go.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, time2rock said:

And no Howard.  If there was a game to get him involved in the game plan, this was it.  

Jordan Howard was not even active for this game. I questioned that before kick-off. This would have been a good game to get him involved especially weather wise

10 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I wonder if Doug wants out of town? He's sure coaching like it lately. I wonder if the Howie effect is happening again.

I've been wondering that as well.

56 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

If I am Sanders, I get the hell out of Philly as soon as possible. 

Not only are they wasting his talent, they are affecting his money. When it's time to go to the table, his stats won't be anywhere near not RBs so he can't ask for that.

Sanders is starting to get visually frustrated with Wentz always throwing it low to him. I don't blame him

Well if Doug is gone after the year, maybe the new coach utilizes Sanders and fixes that. 

14 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I wonder if Doug wants out of town? He's sure coaching like it lately. I wonder if the Howie effect is happening again. He keeps picking scrubs for the coaches to work with and then makes a trade to try to ease the pain. It's like putting Neosporin on a freaking tumor.

Howie Hubris must go.

I’ve almost been thinking that... maybe he doesn’t want to flat out quit but he’s sure coaching like he’s trying to get let go.

Here’s a conspiracy theory:

Doug refuses to play Hurts because he’s afraid he’ll look good and save his job. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

When the game is just beginning and it is 1st and 5, that is the time to call a run, try to get that first 1st down out of the way. Opening with 3 passes after that and chalking up a 3 and out, is inexcusable. 

Doug seems like he’s mailed it in. I don’t see a coach that cares. He doesn’t even talk to his quarterback after a bad series. It’s just a mess right now. 

• Like 1

Doug really doesn't seem to care at this point. Yeah, let's just take Carson out for a play in the middle of a drive and put Hurts in. Oh he completed it? Time to take Hurts out and toss a struggling Wentz back in now that the play is over.

4th and 2 from the 50 when your offense has struggled to execute easy, routine plays all game and your defense has been playing great? Should we try to play a field position game or risk giving the Seahawks' high powered offense the ball at midfield and a ton of momentum? Eff it, dude, let's go for it.

4th and 4 late in the game and down 11. Should we kick the easy FG and make it a one possession game or, again, leave a struggling offense on the field? 

We used to have success on 4th and short because we had a great line and could execute short yardage plays at a very good ratio. We aren't that team anymore. We're an awful offense. There are no plays that we can run that give us a better than average chance of picking up these 4th and shorts. It's been that way all season. Why don't we recognize our weaknesses and get back to some basic football and stop giving the other team loads of momentum and great field position? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If Lurie intends to keep Pederson, he needs to demand that he bring in a legitimate OC and relinquish the play calling duties to the new OC. Doug's play calling has been absolute trash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Howie Hubris must go.

I'm not there yet, but who would you bring in to Replace Howie and Doug? I believe blowing it up is very risky. Look at Pittsburgh. They won a SB, then lost year after year, unitl they won a SB again with the same head coach. 

4 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

I'm not there yet, but who would you bring in to Replace Howie and Doug? I believe blowing it up is very risky. Look at Pittsburgh. They won a SB, then lost year after year, unitl they won a SB again with the same head coach. 

It starts with the GM. You pick him first and he picks the HC that fits his vision. Interview candidates would be college scouting directors from top drafting teams as well as veteran GM's with a good track record, like Dorsey for example. The draft is the most important part of team building. The GM must be really good in that area.

• Like 2