45 Passes ... 9 Runs

time2rock

4 minutes ago, Runtherock said:

I’m a Doug supporter but I swear I never see him coach anyone during a game. Head always buried in the play chart. Never talks to anyone on defense including Schwartz, never see him getting in a player’s grill..

Duce’s statement is damning but so right.  Being a NFL HC is a hard enough job.  Trying to juggle those responsibilities while also having full control over one of the functional units is ludicrous.  Only the very best like Belichick or Payton get away with doing that and being successful.  Doug isn’t even in the same solar system yet alone zip code as those guys.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Duce’s statement is damning but so right.  Being a NFL HC is a hard enough job.  Trying to juggle those responsibilities while also having full control over one of the functional units is ludicrous.  Only the very best like Belichick or Payton get away with doing that and being successful.  Doug isn’t even in the same solar system yet alone zip code as those guys.  

Well, Doug didn't have time being an OC that called plays for a handful of years before getting this job. Reid supposedly let him call plays for 1/2 a game or some such nonsense, but Doug missed out on that experience. As the HC, he can take those duties on because they are the most fun. All of the work during the week leads up to doing that "fun" part. It's what he wants most and as the Head Coach he chooses to do it, even though he's terrible at it.

It's just like Howie selecting prospects. All of the off season work leads up to the "fun" part of picking players in the draft. Howie, as the GM want to do the fun part and chooses to do it, even though he's terrible at it.

We have 2 guys who absolutely suck at the one thing they most want to do and will never give up voluntarily. 

It's Jeffrey Lurie time and he needs to take Step #1:

Fire Howie, hire a new GM, and let that GM decide Doug's fate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Doug's just giving wentz practice in passing lots since he needs to relearn how to play QB.

I think it is more Doug trying to force Wentz to work his way out of his struggles by passing it more rather than employing the tactic most coaches do in relying more on the run game and easy passes to try to take the pressure of a struggling QB to allow them to get into a rhythm and find some confidence on which to start building.  Doug doesn't seem to have any other answers other than to continue to force Wentz out of his funk by throwing a ton.  I've come to despise Doug the offensive coordinator - really wish we had someone else in control of the offense, game planning, play calling, etc.   

On 12/1/2020 at 8:34 AM, 20dawk4life said:

5:1 pass run ratio. Impressive. 

"Most impressive.   Andy Won has taught you well."

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2020 at 7:41 AM, DeathByEagle said:

Technically it was 56 passing plays. You have to take away the runs Carson ran because they were pass plays. And he was sacked 6 times. 

Man... Andy Reid like ratios.