Micah Parsons (Penn State LB) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #12

Alphagrand

Currently the Eagles are slated to have a top 10 overall draft pick.  At that position the choices might come down to Ja’Marr Chase WR, Gregory Rousseau DE, Patrick Surtain Jr CB, or Micah Parsons.

He’s certainly a LB who flashes while playing downhill near the LOS.  He looks to be very good against the run.  His abilities in coverage would be the deciding factor at the NFL level, but the fact he’s a consensus top 10 prospect currently means he can be a difference maker for an Eagles defense that desperately needs young talent:

There's a better chance Howie drafts Alan Parsons.  They don't draft LBs in Round 1 and haven't since Jerry Robinson in1980.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

There's a better chance Howie drafts Alan Parsons.  They don't draft LBs in Round 1 and haven't since Jerry Robinson in1980.

Howie may not be making the picks though let's not forget. 

47 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But...Howie’s been the GM since 2010 and before him multiple GM’s passed on taking a LB in the first.

This is not a specific GM thing, it’s in this organisation’s DNA.

45 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

But...Howie’s been the GM since 2010 and before him multiple GM’s passed on taking a LB in the first.

This is not a specific GM thing, it’s in this organisation’s DNA.

That's fair and that's true. 

I think it'll be Howie anyway mate. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's fair and that's true. 

I think it'll be Howie anyway mate. 

I don’t no, man! Pressure is mounting. Something’s gotta give...

3 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Currently the Eagles are slated to have a top 10 overall draft pick.  At that position the choices might come down to Ja’Marr Chase WR, Gregory Rousseau DE, Patrick Surtain Jr CB, or Micah Parsons.

He’s certainly a LB who flashes while playing downhill near the LOS.  He looks to be very good against the run.  His abilities in coverage would be the deciding factor at the NFL level, but the fact he’s a consensus top 10 prospect currently means he can be a difference maker for an Eagles defense that desperately needs young talent:

Great player but LB would be a luxury pick for the Eagles at this point. They really need help on both lines and CB. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think there is a greater chance that Earth gets hit by multiple asteroids before Lurie fires Howie. I want Howie to get canned. But, Lurie knows that if he cans his buddy Howie then Howie won't be able to get another personnel job in the NFL.  

8 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I think there is a greater chance that Earth gets hit by multiple asteroids before Lurie fires Howie. I want Howie to get canned. But, Lurie knows that if he cans his buddy Howie then Howie won't be able to get another personnel job in the NFL.  

That may be true but Lurie did eventually fire his buddy Joe Banner. Lurie is loyal until he's not loyal. FWIW I do agree though I think Lurie makes a huge mistake and keeps the weasel. 

On 12/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, CaliEagle said:

:roll:

Definitely a Project. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

:roll:

Definitely a Project. LOL!

Howie's the Eye in the Sky unfortunately.

• Like 1

This D is in desperate need of a playmaker so I’m not adverse to Parsons.

My ideal would be a top 5 pick and then trade down 2-3 spots with a QB needy team. Should still get Parsons, Chase or Surtain plus extra picks to address our many needs.

• Like 1

Would love to see this team think out the box for once and take a linebacker this high. This position for the Eagles has been neglected far too long.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Would love to see this team think out the box for once and take a linebacker this high. This position for the Eagles has been neglected far too long.

My ideal would be the Eagles pick 5th and then trade down a couple of spots with a team needing a QB, pick up a high second.

Absolutely on board with Parsons, the D desperately need playmakers.

• Like 1

Howie wouldn't draft a LB'er in the 1st round even if it was discovered he was born on Krypton. For my part, given the choice between Chase and Parsons, I'd prefer Chase because getting an impact WR is harder to do since the position is over drafted every year.

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Howie wouldn't draft a LB'er in the 1st round even if it was discovered he was born on Krypton. For my part, given the choice between Chase and Parsons, I'd prefer Chase because getting an impact WR is harder to do since the position is over drafted every year.

Yep. It's unlikely they would draft a LB, RB and S in the first round. They don't want to invest first round money and then pay even more money on a second contract. They don't value the positions as much as the others. I bet Howie values kicker more than LB.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, CaliEagle said:

LMFAO

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

My ideal would be the Eagles pick 5th and then trade down a couple of spots with a team needing a QB, pick up a high second.

Absolutely on board with Parsons, the D desperately need playmakers.

Top 2 QB's should go 1/2 then Sewell for Cincy. Why would we trade down?

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

TOp 2 QB's should go 1/2 then Sewell for Cincy. Why would we trade down?

If we were picking 5 and a QB needy team offers us a 2nd to move up from 7 or 8, that’s decent value and we should still get a stud while adding another high second.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If we were picking 5 and a QB needy team offers us a 2nd to move up from 7 or 8, that’s decent value and we should still get a stud while adding another high second.

What Qb would be there in 3,4,5?

42 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

What Qb would be there in 3,4,5?

Zach Wilson or Trey Lance.

30 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Zach Wilson or Trey Lance.

LOL with Chase and Parsons and others you thinking those guys go at 3,4,5? No chance

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL with Chase and Parsons and others you thinking those guys go at 3,4,5? No chance

There are a lot of QB-needy teams; it’s just a matter of how far these teams want to trade up for the guy they want.  I agree, as you said, it won’t be to 3-5

DAL, CAR, DEN, and WFT are the most likely suitors for new QB at the top of the draft, and they’re currently #4, 7, 10, and 11.  Jerry might trade back and draft DE or CB, but someone would need to really covet Lance or Wilson for that to happen.

45 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There are a lot of QB-needy teams; it’s just a matter of how far these teams want to trade up for the guy they want.  I agree, as you said, it won’t be to 3-5

DAL, CAR, DEN, and WFT are the most likely suitors for new QB at the top of the draft, and they’re currently #4, 7, 10, and 11.  Jerry might trade back and draft DE or CB, but someone would need to really covet Lance or Wilson for that to happen.

Don’t forget Chicago and New England.