Micah Parsons (Penn State LB) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #12

Alphagrand

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

Do it. Just Do it. Draft him, Parsons.

Nah...can’t see rhis one happening.

With Singleton and Edwards playing good enough football and both Taylor and Bradley learning the ropes, it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t address the position in the first 3 rounds if at all. You have to take the Eagles draft tendencies into account here. They just don’t value the position and if they think Singleton and Edwards are adequate, they might just roll with what they have.

Receiver, corner or even pass rusher is where I see them go with their first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

With Singleton and Edwards playing good enough football and both Taylor and Bradley learning the ropes, it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t address the position in the first 3 rounds if at all. You have to take the Eagles draft tendencies into account here. They just don’t value the position and if they think Singleton and Edwards are adequate, they might just roll with what they have.

We will see.

I see the eagles trying to take a flyer on Dylan Moses in the 2nd round than drafting Parsons at #6.

Howie has made it clear that LB is not a huge priority when building a team. While I somewhat agree, we at least need competent LBs. not the scrubs that he has been drafting late. 

Taylor in the 3rd round last year was clearly the wrong move.

18 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I see the eagles trying to take a flyer on Dylan Moses in the 2nd round than drafting Parsons at #6.

Howie has made it clear that LB is not a huge priority when building a team. While I somewhat agree, we at least need competent LBs. not the scrubs that he has been drafting late. 

But Taylor has speeeddzzz

3 minutes ago, judunno said:

But Taylor has speeeddzzz

And don’t forget his great character 

35 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

In order for the Taylor pick to pay off, he needs to achieve his potential. Since he's considered a project, you really need that pay off to happen no later than year 3. The problem with the Eagles drafting a project LB with a day 2 pick is that even if he develops on schedule, by the time you are getting the production you need from him, he's due for his second contract and this is where the Eagles are unlikely to keep a good, young LB around.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 8:45 AM, Ray75 said:

10 hours ago, brkmsn said:

In order for the Taylor pick to pay off, he needs to achieve his potential. Since he's considered a project, you really need that pay off to happen no later than year 3. The problem with the Eagles drafting a project LB with a day 2 pick is that even if he develops on schedule, by the time you are getting the production you need from him, he's due for his second contract and this is where the Eagles are unlikely to keep a good, young LB around.

I think it's unlikely they go with Parsons in the first. As you say receiver, corner or pass rusher is the most likely pick.

If they trade down to 9/10 and Parsons is still there, it may be a possibility at that point.

• Like 1

He could be the best football player in this draft which means there’s absolutely no way Howie drafts him.  Not to mention the complete lack of value the Eagles place on linebacker.  Did I mention that Howie won’t draft him because he is a good football player?

• Like 3

If this guy is anything like kuechly or devin white, we need to get him on this team. We desperately need a young stud playmaker on D. 

• Like 2

On 12/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, CaliEagle said:

There's a better chance Howie drafts Alan Parsons.  

Nah; everyone around the league is unanimous that he's a project.......................

On 1/4/2021 at 11:57 PM, philafan4o8 said:

If you take a "project”, round 3 is too early - use a day 3 pick on those prospects.  Day 1-2 picks should have more immediate impact.  Taylor may very well turn out to be a decent player but we aren’t likely to have an idea until year 3 or 4 and then won’t want to sign him long term because we don’t (usually) value LBs enough to sign them to larger money deals (relatively speaking) and won’t be sure if he is the real deal at that point.  

15 hours ago, joboggi said:

If the Eagles pass on Parsons I will become a fan of the Bucs and Chiefs only. 

Might as well join them now! 😂

Last time we took an off ball LB in the first is over 30 years ago.

18 hours ago, joboggi said:

If the Eagles pass on Parsons I will become a fan of the Bucs and Chiefs only. 

Well go buy your bandwagon NFC/AFC championship hats now, cause there is NO CHANCE we draft a LB round 1.

• 3 weeks later...

If the Bucs and Bills showed us anything it's that LB matters...I'm not sure Parson equates to Devin White but if someone wanted to trade up and we stayed in top 10 to 12 and recieved a late 1 or early 2 then I would take him. If not we need to go LB in 2nd..we are going young with a new DC and his style seems to be using LB's for pressure as well as cover, not many can do both but that's what scouts are paid for right.

I would love to trade down to 9 and get an extra 2nd and pick Parsons. I really want this guy. Howie think outside the box. If I die next year I want us to go out full throttle. Do it. Just do it.

On 2/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, Right4thePicking said:

Let's bump This up one more time.

OK...

Spoiler

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Why the hell would they waste the #6 pick on a linebacker? Hell, not even too 10. 

Not that he isn’t a good player, but linebacker simply isn’t that valuable. 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:57 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Howie needs to be fired.

Who helped Tampa win, their LBs.

When the Cheatriots beat us in SB they had very good LBs.

2 hours ago, NVeagle said:

Howie needs to be fired.

Who helped Tampa win, their LBs.

When the Cheatriots beat us in SB they had very good LBs.

Ok...

Howie needs to be fired but he wasnt so what are we talking about?

34 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Ok...

Howie needs to be fired but he wasnt so what are we talking about?

LB's