Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

1 hour ago, nipples said:

He has 4 starts. We’ve given Wentz 5 years, I think we can give Hurts more than 4 games. 

4 of which have been pretty good.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, greend said:

4 of which have been pretty good.

One was great. 3 were inconsistent, one was abysmal. 

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

4 of which were pretty good.

11 hours ago, nipples said:

Especially given the fact that Howie has not supported Wentz with Pro Bowl drafting.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:36 PM, NVeagle said:

Hurts is not the answer.

Lets agree to disagree. For a rookie with no practice or offensive line, he did an admirable job. Also there is this little known things as ..ROOKIES DO NOT STAY ROOKIES...A lot of them improve. I think with more practise Hurts has a lot of potential.

25 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

Lets agree to disagree. For a rookie with no practice or offensive line, he did an admirable job. Also there is this little known things as ..ROOKIES DO NOT STAY ROOKIES...A lot of them improve. I think with more practise Hurts has a lot of potential.

So same rookie class, Herbert, Burrow and Tua with same issues.

Time will tell and it's ok to disagree.

I would rather support hurts as he tries and not whine and feel like he is entitled. It’s hard to support the dakotan trash to be honest. So much for saying to foles when picking up the Lombardi -“it’s gonna be me next year”- ya right. Hold big dk nick’s jock wentz and soon hurts’S too. Atleast hurts tried and u could see the games were much more enjoyable as a fan. Let’s be honest folks and not be howie’s  poster boy

hurtz did nothing in the 2nd half of any of his games, enough with this nonsense, eagles need to draft a qb, 

On 1/15/2021 at 4:29 AM, nipples said:

One great. One good. Last year, he had no skill players and still carried the team to the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, kentwo said:

One great. One good. Last year, he had no skill players and still carried the team to the playoffs. 

In the final 4 games against utter trash. He was very very good in those final 4 games but let's put it in to perspective. 

12 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

I'm not buying the no off-season/practice rationale. He didn't start till 13 weeks into the season. During that time he was in film study, QB meetings, practices, ran the scout teams, etc... 

He brought a spark and showed athleticism. But you have to temper that with the observations that his negative traits were the same as in college. 

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

In the final 4 games against utter trash. He was very very good in those final 4 games but let's put it in to perspective. 

Dallas was playing hard to get in the playoffs and was expected to win that game. 

The other teams were pretty bad, but this is the NFL and wins gotta be earned (see Steelers for more info.)

10 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Dallas was playing hard to get in the playoffs and was expected to win that game. 

The other teams were pretty bad, but this is the NFL and wins gotta be earned (see Steelers for more info.)

The Cowboys are a bad team. They were last year, they were this year. That's a bad team right there who don't handle the pressure. 

So on Facebook I posted...

Time to trade Lamar. He sucks. It was Sarcasm. Poking fun at Eagles fans for wanting to trade Wentz.

I was called a racist.

I guess if you support Wentz, you are a racist because he's our White Hope and the NFL is changing to the mobile black QB. 

Ultimately I don’t really know if Hurts is good enough to become elite. I do think he’s a guy who is looking to push himself to become better than what he is, but there are some things he needs to improve on and one of them is turnovers. Generally players get better at protecting the football as their career goes on so it’s very possible he improves in this area. Unfortunately with Carson still on his roster and being force fed to everyone this all feels like a bad situation for everyone involved. I’m fairly convinced now that Carson is not the answer (that’s coming from someone who at one time thought he had the potential to be a top five player in football) and to continue to go down this path will only delay the Eagles chances of figuring out if Hurts can play or not. If you have two quarterbacks then you have no quarterback. 

29 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ultimately I don’t really know if Hurts is good enough to become elite. I do think he’s a guy who is looking to push himself to become better than what he is, but there are some things he needs to improve on and one of them is turnovers. Generally players get better at protecting the football as their career goes on so it’s very possible he improves in this area. Unfortunately with Carson still on his roster and being force fed to everyone this all feels like a bad situation for everyone involved. I’m fairly convinced now that Carson is not the answer (that’s coming from someone who at one time thought he had the potential to be a top five player in football) and to continue to go down this path will only delay the Eagles chances of figuring out if Hurts can play or not. If you have two quarterbacks then you have no quarterback. 

I think it is pretty clear we are on the same page with this one buddy! I'm not convinced by Hurts but if you give me a choice between Hurts and Wentz right now? I am taking Hurts because of the overall situation. I actually happen to think there is a greater chance that Wentz still goes on to be a better player than Hurts even if that is elsewhere. But I'd rather take the hit on the Wentz contract now and start the rebuild. Hurts allows us to do that with 3 years left on his rookie deal whereas Wentz contract hinders us rebuilding around him and quite honestly I just do not think he is going to be elite at this point.

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it is pretty clear we are on the same page with this one buddy! I'm not convinced by Hurts but if you give me a choice between Hurts and Wentz right now? I am taking Hurts because of the overall situation. I actually happen to think there is a greater chance that Wentz still goes on to be a better player than Hurts even if that is elsewhere. But I'd rather take the hit on the Wentz contract now and start the rebuild. Hurts allows us to do that with 3 years left on his rookie deal whereas Wentz contract hinders us rebuilding around him and quite honestly I just do not think he is going to be elite at this point.

I think Carson needs a major attitude adjustment if he's going to turn things around and I see no chance of that happening with the Eagles. Frankly the fact reports came out that Carson wanted out and he refused to deny the reports has really soured me to him. I can't root for a guy who doesn't want to be here unless things go how he wants them to. I don't care what Carson does when he leaves Philadelphia, but the sooner it happens the better. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think Carson needs a major attitude adjustment if he's going to turn things around and I see no chance of that happening with the Eagles. Frankly the fact reports came out that Carson wanted out and he refused to deny the reports has really soured me to him. I can't root for a guy who doesn't want to be here unless things go how he wants them to. I don't care what Carson does when he leaves Philadelphia, but the sooner it happens the better. 

I agree. I already had doubts over whether he had what it takes based on what we have seen this last year (and to be fair we've seen to a lesser extent in prior years) but I really soured on him after that. I mean come on come out and quieten the rumours. He's a smart guy he knows that by not speaking the noise is going to grow. 

46 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree. I already had doubts over whether he had what it takes based on what we have seen this last year (and to be fair we've seen to a lesser extent in prior years) but I really soured on him after that. I mean come on come out and quieten the rumours. He's a smart guy he knows that by not speaking the noise is going to grow. 

But what difference does it make if he speaks or not?  I get it that some Eagles fans will get relief or vindication about the rumor, but fan feelings don't matter and he owes nothing to any of us. His commitment is to his employer and we do not know what communication has been had.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

But what difference does it make if he speaks or not?  I get it that some Eagles fans will get relief or vindication about the rumor, but fan feelings don't matter and he owes nothing to any of us. His commitment is to his employer and we do not know what communication has been had.

Because why wouldn't you want to speak out to the fans who, for the most part, have loved you and supported you for 5 years. I mean a lot of fans wanted to keep Wentz even after the heroics of Foles. Wentz has been a hero in the city and was seen as the saviour. Why not just come out and speak after the year? He's spoken every year so far... Why not this year with those rumours?

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because why wouldn't you want to speak out to the fans who, for the most part, have loved you and supported you for 5 years. I mean a lot of fans wanted to keep Wentz even after the heroics of Foles. Wentz has been a hero in the city and was seen as the saviour. Why not just come out and speak after the year? He's spoken every year so far... Why not this year with those rumours?

He was benched and a bunch of you guys and the hack Philly media celebrated.  Would you feel like coming out and speaking  after a horrible season and a benching and finally a healthy scratch?  Would you want to speak after you coach appears to have deserted you?  Since when does the backup QB (as many declared) speak after the season?

There is really nothing he could say that most would accept.  Every word and movement and pause would be overly dissected.  Its human nature to want to know, but he owes us nothing.  He stunk it up and he knew it.  The rest is ALL rumor mill.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He was benched and a bunch of you guys and the hack Philly media celebrated.  Would you feel like coming out and speaking  after a horrible season and a benching and finally a healthy scratch?  Would you want to speak after you coach appears to have deserted you? 

There is really nothing he could say that most would accept.  Every word and movement and pause would be overly dissected.  Its human nature to want to know, but he owes us nothing.  He stunk it up and he knew it.  The rest is ALL rumor mill.

No I'm sorry but I just don't agree. He deserved to be bench for ish poor play for 12 weeks. He was awful and any player in the league should be benched for awful play for that many weeks. And anyway as a leader on this team he should come out and speak to the media. It is completely unacceptable that he didn't and he could have quietened rumours. Instead he fueled them more. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I'm sorry but I just don't agree. He deserved to be bench for ish poor play for 12 weeks. He was awful and any player in the league should be benched for awful play for that many weeks. And anyway as a leader on this team he should come out and speak to the media. It is completely unacceptable that he didn't and he could have quietened rumours. Instead he fueled them more. 

LOL.  The definition of "entitled" right there.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

LOL.  The definition of "entitled" right there.

Who's the definition of entitled? Wentz or me?

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who's the definition of entitled? Wentz or me?

You.  You think he owes you (the fan) an explanation. LOL.  

I give in.

Archived