Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

44 minutes ago, Br3 said:

I see that Hurts is being held to a ridiculous standard as a rookie with barely 4 games under his belt. If hurts gets sacked he should have run and he’s a bust. If he runs to avoid getting sacked, he’s a bust; he should have stayed in the pocket because JJAW was open. If Wentz has a clean pocket and still finds a way to get sacked or throw a pick then the excuse is the guy sitting in row G’s glasses were reflecting the sun into Wentz eyes and he couldn’t see properly :wacko:

Exactly!! It is beyond ridiculous and I am not arguing with these wentz apologists anymore....its an exercise in futility

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, RastaPasta said:

Carson Wentz had a terrible season. No excuses whatsoever. The dude broke in every conceivable way.

But Hurts will likely never be as good as Wentz can be, which is why the Eagles will recommit to Wentz this offseason and try to fix the offense with him at the helm. 

And you know this HOW??? Hurts is a rookie....people in here are acting like he needed to be Tom Brady to manage this offense....

I fail to see any logic as to how he will end up. We saw him in a little less than four games and people in here are already saying what he is going to be as a QB. I just want to know HOW you all know this???

9 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

And you know this HOW??? Hurts is a rookie....people in here are acting like he needed to be Tom Brady to manage this offense....

I fail to see any logic as to how he will end up. We saw him in a little less than four games and people in here are already saying what he is going to be as a QB. I just want to know HOW you all know this???

I didn't say how he will end up. I think the likelihood of him ending up as good as Wentz can be is not great. Was Wentz terrible in 2019? Yes. Did Hurts flash some interesting talent? Sure. 

Still, I simply believe that Hurts doesn't have the ceiling Wentz does. Agree or disagree, I really don't care. We've seen Wentz operate at one of the highest levels imaginable for an NFL QB, so that's it. I think he can still be that guy.

2 minutes ago, RastaPasta said:

I didn't say how he will end up. I think the likelihood of him ending up as good as Wentz can be is not great. Was Wentz terrible in 2019? Yes. Did Hurts flash some interesting talent? Sure. 

Still, I simply believe that Hurts doesn't have the ceiling Wentz does. Agree or disagree, I really don't care. We've seen Wentz operate at one of the highest levels imaginable for an NFL QB, so that's it. I think he can still be that guy.

Its actually not a agree or disagree point I am simply trying to follow your logic with saying he can't be as good as Wentz showed us in 2017. You are not the only one saying it thats why I asked how you are all so sure of this. I will never want anyone to defend their opinion...it is yours to have and I am not on this board to argue with people. Just like the have friendly conversations as Eagles fans. 

I am not sure about Hurts either but it boggles my mind that some people on this board are seeing him as useless already. I just want the rookie to get a chance like any rookie coming to the NFL and alot of people on this board are already downing the young kid, which I think is a terrible mistake but again....everybody is entitled to their opinion. 

I think the Eagles have a real problem.  Wentz showed the skills to be a MVP level QB, but has been resistant when it comes to working on mechanics. And for a 5th year QB, he should be beyond those feelings.  I like Hurts' mobility and leadership qualities. But, I'm concerned about a couple of things I've seen. That should've been an easy TD when he rolled left and had Ward wide open in the endzone. I know he was throwing against his body. But, most NFL QBs can get about 40 yards of distance on those kinds of throws and that was less than a 20 yard throw and he couldn't get enough on it.  I'm starting to lean towards them drafting a QB again because I don't know if either Wentz or Hurts is the option. But, I wouldn't like the circus that would come with their drafting a QB in Round 1 again. 

56 minutes ago, RastaPasta said:

What did u see from Wentz in 2020 that makes you think he can still be that guy? It’s 2021 now that was nearly 4 years ago. Some of y’all need to let it go. He will never play that way on a consistent basis in Philly again. He doesn’t even like this team or trust Doug and the FO anymore. If he’s going to be that guy it will have to be somewhere else because at this point the relationship has reached a point of no return

22 minutes ago, Br3 said:

What did u see from Wentz that makes you think he can still be that guy? It’s 2021 now that was nearly 4 years ago. Some of y’all need to let it go. He will never play that way on a consistent basis in Philly again. He doesn’t even like this team or trust Doug and the FO anymore. If he’s going to be that guy it will have to be somewhere else because at this point the relationship has reached a point of no return

Agreed. This team is in a pretty bad situation at the QB position. They have one QB on a big contract who's not worth it and another who they don't really know what they have. And I suspect Hurts isn't the answer but he's also just about good enough to mean, with the right pieces around him, this team will be bad but not suck enough to get a top young QB in the next couple of years. 

24 minutes ago, Br3 said:

What did u see from Wentz that makes you think he can still be that guy? It’s 2021 now that was nearly 4 years ago. Some of y’all need to let it go. He will never play that way on a consistent basis in Philly again. He doesn’t even like this team or trust Doug and the FO anymore. If he’s going to be that guy it will have to be somewhere else because at this point the relationship has reached a point of no return

Sure, a guy like Tannehill can bring himself from the brink of disaster, but not Wentz. Trubisky can get benched, come back and play better, but not Wentz. 

Aaron Rodgers has had some pretty down years, including last year, and is on an MVP run.

Josh Allen can go from Tim Tebow to Brett Favre, but Wentz is a lost cause.

Wentz was absolute garbage this season, but maybe you should let go of being butthurt over one season and realize that he's been a pretty good QB otherwise.

1 minute ago, RastaPasta said:

Sure, a guy like Tannehill can bring himself from the brink of disaster, but not Wentz. Trubisky can get benched, come back and play better, but not Wentz. 

Aaron Rodgers has had some pretty down years, including last year, and is on an MVP run.

Wentz was absolute garbage this season, but maybe you should let go of being butthurt over one season and realize that he's been a pretty good QB otherwise.

I said "if he’s going to be that guy....” which means I never closed the door on his chances of being that guy, which also means I believe there is a possibility he still can be. I never said he will NEVER be that guy again. All I said was it AINT happening in Philly. 

Lets hear some examples of some guys who have been mentally kicked in the balls by their teams FO as much as Wentz has and then come back to MVP form on that team. 

I’ll wait 

2 minutes ago, Br3 said:

I said "if he’s going to be that guy....” which means I never closed the door on his chances of being that guy, which also means I believe there is a possibility he still can be. I never said he will NEVER be that guy again. All I said was it AINT happening in Philly. 

Lets hear some examples of some guys who have been mentally kicked in the balls by their teams FO as much as Wentz has and then come back to MVP form on that team. 

I’ll wait 

I think the Eagles recommit to Wentz partly because they have little to no alternative, and partly because one bad year shouldn't change their long-term evaluation of him as a player. None of that other stuff matters as long as they start winning again in 2021.

Haskins beat Wentz and Wentz had his starters lol

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

I think the Eagles have a real problem.  Wentz showed the skills to be a MVP level QB, but has been resistant when it comes to working on mechanics. And for a 5th year QB, he should be beyond those feelings.  I like Hurts' mobility and leadership qualities. But, I'm concerned about a couple of things I've seen. That should've been an easy TD when he rolled left and had Ward wide open in the endzone. I know he was throwing against his body. But, most NFL QBs can get about 40 yards of distance on those kinds of throws and that was less than a 20 yard throw and he couldn't get enough on it.  I'm starting to lean towards them drafting a QB again because I don't know if either Wentz or Hurts is the option. But, I wouldn't like the circus that would come with their drafting a QB in Round 1 again. 

I don't think it's a question of him rolling to the left and not having the arm strength to make the throw. He's made throws like that. I think the pressure that was in his face influenced that pass more than anything. He may have rushed it a bit instead of setting his feet and taking the hit. Result was a McNabb worm burner. I'm sure he wants that one back.

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Somebody forgot to tell Brandon Brooks he's doing it wrong. 

You keep posting the same photo of Brooks all jacked up...lifting weights in the offseason doesn't mean he is now superman who won't get hurt.

Brooks and Lane Johnson are now older and injury prone.  You simply cannot rely on them to be healthy for 16 games next season.  I sure hope they are because they're great players.  But when you are evaluating the needs for 2021, you can't just put all your hope in injured guys returning.  

We did that last year, and then Brooks, Dillard out for the season, JP hurt a bunch, Lane out for significant time again and even young guys like Seumalo and Driscoll injured.

The reality is they're stuck with their contracts anyway but they must have contingency plans for them.

4 hours ago, RastaPasta said:

I think Hurts character and leadership outweighs any strength's Wentz has. Hurts motivates. Wentz is flat out idiot, doesn't seem to bright, not someone I would follow as a leader. I feel team bailed on Wentz way before coaches.

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I share your concern but I really hope they don’t go the route of drafting another QB for at least a year or two.  This team has too many holes for another rookie to grow well.  Let’s get the online and weapons fixed and use that to see how Hurts and/or Wentz matures.

6 hours ago, RastaPasta said:

The likelihood of your binky ever being a good starting QB in the league again, much less playing at MVP level, is close to ZERO.  The most likely case is he ends up like RG3 or Cam Newton based on his historical regression into the worst QB in the league in the middle of his supposed prime.

1 hour ago, XoqTionR said:

I think Hurts character and leadership outweighs any strength's Wentz has. Hurts motivates. Wentz is flat out idiot, doesn't seem to bright, not someone I would follow as a leader. I feel team bailed on Wentz way before coaches.

Carson is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.  All you have to do is watch him make stupid dope play after play in pretty much every one of his games.  He's the football embodiment of Dunning-Krueger syndrome with his stubborn muleheaded hero ball and reckless play.

I wonder if Danny Boi will take Wentz off us for a 1st and 2nd... Rivera needs a QB and they are drafting too low, if Eagles can swing another trade like we did Mcnabb, it would be great..

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

You keep posting the same photo of Brooks all jacked up...lifting weights in the offseason doesn't mean he is now superman who won't get hurt.

Brooks and Lane Johnson are now older and injury prone.  You simply cannot rely on them to be healthy for 16 games next season.  I sure hope they are because they're great players.  But when you are evaluating the needs for 2021, you can't just put all your hope in injured guys returning.  

We did that last year, and then Brooks, Dillard out for the season, JP hurt a bunch, Lane out for significant time again and even young guys like Seumalo and Driscoll injured.

The reality is they're stuck with their contracts anyway but they must have contingency plans for them.

Ripped abs and pecs do wonders for the achilles. Stop your negativity.

13 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

The likelihood of your binky ever being a good starting QB in the league again, much less playing at MVP level, is close to ZERO.  The most likely case is he ends up like RG3 or Cam Newton based on his historical regression into the worst QB in the league in the middle of his supposed prime.

Close to zero is incredible hyperbole. He's 28 years old, and both Cam and RGII are terrible comparisons. Cam is four years older. RGII was never a competent passer.

Hurts and RGII, now there's the comparison you're looking for.

The Ravens and Broncos won the Super Bowl with a great defense. I say trade Wentz and Hurts for picks and use them on defensive players. Start Sudfeld.

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

The photo is just part of the tweet I was posting. I posted a video of Lane's injury which has absolutely nothing to do with being "injury-prone." Here it is again (en espanol):

You said we [made the mistake] of relying on these guys to stay healthy last year. I mean ... that's what you do when you build a team --- you hope everybody can stay healthy. But if you want to use history to base your prediction on next year, you have to look at all the players in the history of sports that have returned from injury to play the following year. For some reason, you believe that it's very unlikely that can happen, while reality suggests it happens way more times than it doesn't. 

But you want to be prepared for that "worst case scenario" and there's nothing wrong with that. So we have:

Herbig will backup Brooks at RG and Driscoll will be the primary backup to Lane. Mailata took a lot of practice reps at RT this year before being needed at LT and can play ither side if Dillard steps in at LT. All I am saying is that not only am I confident that Johnson and Brooks will be healthy and dependable next year, but that we already have very capable guys that can step up if needed as a result of the 2020 season. Guys like Mailata, Herbig and Driscoll needed experience to get better and they all got that this year. The only real disappointment was Pryor --- but I'm not going to invest a lot of resources trying to find someone to replace a 3rd string OG. TBH, Driscoll has the versatility to play OG and OT anyway. 

15 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

It's "too" and you forgot an "a" in there. But since you're not a "flat out idiot" you probably already know that. And it's hilarious when people that post on a message board somehow conclude things like that.

There is good discussion between posters happening in this thread and then someone of your intelligence interacts by making statements inspired by nothing other than hate. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So his arm will get considerably stronger than it's been up until now?  You see how long the ball takes to get to the sideline, on the 10 yard outs?  I like Hurts.  Love his attitude and his ability to get out of the pocket.  But his arm strength concerns me.  

His accuracy concerns me.  Ask any Alabama fan how that is.

Seems there was no confrontation from any of the players on the sideline when suds went in Sunday according to Kelce himself. 

Archived