Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have said it numerous times, but will again.  Watch the 10 yard out pattern.  Which is pretty much the measuring stick for all NFL Qb's.  It takes a while to get there.  He does not have a strong NFL arm.  I know he's wearing an Eagle uniform, I get it.  We all want him to be great.  But it's ok to point out faults.  

I'd rather rely on a so called weak arm than a possible weak mental game, which would present more inconsistency. Eagles put a lot of time and money into Andrews, who also didn't pan out. Hurt's appears to take adversity and pressure better then Wentz.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have said it numerous times, but will again.  Watch the 10 yard out pattern.  Which is pretty much the measuring stick for all NFL Qb's.  It takes a while to get there.  He does not have a strong NFL arm.  I know he's wearing an Eagle uniform, I get it.  We all want him to be great.  But it's ok to point out faults.  

Perhaps you have some video of what you're talking about somewhere. Did it get picked or something?

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No.  I didn’t record games.  It’s an observation.  No pick just seems to have an arc and take a while to get to the sideline. 

Ok... maybe you have seen something i haven't. I thought the knock on him was accuracy not arm strength.

7 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

wentz isnt getting any younger and with the injuries he sustained,  i would just rather start fresh with a younger healthy qb whether it's hurts or someone that way we dont have to stuck with a bad contract and letting it drag this team down if he doesnt improve.

LOL :roll:

The average length of a QB's career these days is like 18 seasons and you're worried about a 27 year old QB's age? I mean ... seriously ... we're talking about a guy that needs to "grow up" still ...

I just want to remind people that Brees regressed  in his 5th season and his team gave up on him, drafted Eli and traded Eli for Rivers and never won anything. 12 Pro Bowls, 1 Super Bowl MVP award, and many NFL passing records later, Brees  is still playing at age 41 (1 week away from 42). Meanwhile, the Chargers finally gave up on Rivers before this season. He was a good QB and all, but clearly the inferior of the two.

21 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The average length of a good QB's career these days is like 18 seasons and you're worried about a 27 year old QB's age? I mean ... seriously ... we're talking about a guy that needs to "grow up" still ...

I just want to remind people that Brees regressed  in his 5th season and his team gave up on him, drafted Eli and traded Eli for Rivers and never won anything. 12 Pro Bowls, 1 Super Bowl MVP award, and many NFL passing records later, Brees  is still playing at age 41 (1 week away from 42). Meanwhile, the Chargers finally gave up on Rivers before this season. He was a good QB and all, but clearly the inferior of the two.

Fixed.

27 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The average length of a QB's career these days is like 18 seasons and you're worried about a 27 year old QB's age? I mean ... seriously ... we're talking about a guy that needs to "grow up" still ...

brees wasnt playing like wentz, that's the difference, he wasnt benched, that team had two great qbs, they choose rivers and let brees go because of money.

Why on earth do Eagles fans think Howie is going to trade Hurts when Howie is the one that drafted him? 

Wentz is going to compete with Hurts under new head coach or Wentz is going to get traded. These are the two scenarios I see.

28 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Why on earth do Eagles fans think Howie is going to trade Hurts when Howie is the one that drafted him? 

Wentz is going to compete with Hurts under new head coach or Wentz is going to get traded. These are the two scenarios I see.

Howie drafted Wentz as well. And gave him 100 million dollars. Hurts is outta here.  Hopefully we can get our 2nd back. 

36 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Reports Doug fired because he wanted to roll with Hurts and Lurie said no

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If that's true then it makes Lurie's press conference an even greater car crash and even more full of lies and ish.

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Howie drafted Wentz as well. And gave him 100 million dollars. Hurts is outta here.  Hopefully we can get our 2nd back. 

I’d put money on Wentz being traded before I would Hurts. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

And then they inquire to interview Hurts former college coach?  That doesn't add up.

15 minutes ago, NOTW said:

And then they inquire to interview Hurts former college coach?  That doesn't add up.

Good point... But then there's suggestions that Riley suggested or had influence in the Reagor and Hurts picks? But why do that if he's then not reportedly interested in the job now?

On 1/6/2021 at 9:31 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

His accuracy concerns me.  Ask any Alabama fan how that is.

Jalen was just as accurate as most college QBs. His college average was about 66% as compared to Burrows at 68% and Tua at 67%.

No one at Alabama questioned accuracy, his problem at Bama was that he would run at the first sign of trouble. Going to Oklahoma for his final year really helped him with that.

I never remember anyone questioning his arm strength either. Jalen is really strong, upper and lower body, always has been. 

Look, he is a running QB. It's funny how everyone wants to lower the draft grade of Mac Jones because he isn't a running QB who was 78% accurate this year and broke almost every QB record.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:07 PM, Portyansky said:

If we would have swapped QBs with GB, the outcome would have been similar. We need to fix our oline and get real WRs before any QB could succeed in the O. 

With that said, I do think Hurts with his scrambling could buy him enough time for our WRs to get open and/or run with it.

Can’t say I agree if the Eagles had Rodgers he wouldn’t be able to move the ball. Rodgers had multiple seasons where he led the league in sacks and still threw for well over 3,000 and 30 touchdowns. We try to say these things to minimize how much Wentz truly sucked last season. Even before the injuries to the line Wentz has been streaky and his play declining.

On 1/13/2021 at 2:05 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Who drafted Wentz and gave him a gazillion dollar contract?

21 hours ago, NVeagle said:

Hurts is not the answer.

Neither is Wentz unfortunately. Hurts would keep team at least winnable until permanent answer.

2 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

Neither is Wentz unfortunately. Hurts would keep team at least winnable until permanent answer.

What's his record as a starter?

His second half stats are not good once DC's figured him out.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:36 AM, NVeagle said:

Hurts is not the answer.

Hurts probably isn’t the answer, but might be. Wentz definitely isn’t. 

6 hours ago, NVeagle said:

What's his record as a starter?

His second half stats are not good once DC's figured him out.

He has 4 starts. We’ve given Wentz 5 years, I think we can give Hurts more than 4 games. 

Archived