Jason Peters out for the season

Talonblood

I want to remember JP for the tremendous LT he was for the majority of his great career. It’s too bad how this year played out but it’s in the best interest of the team for him to move on. He will be in the HoF and for good reason. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I want to remember JP for the tremendous LT he was for the majority of his great career. It’s too bad how this year played out but it’s in the best interest of the team for him to move on. He will be in the HoF and for good reason. 

This year ??  He was atrocious last year as well.  Should have hung em up after the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

This year ??  He was atrocious last year as well.  Should have hung em up after the Super Bowl.

He started dropping off last year, but he completely fell off a cliff this year. 

But I’d have a hard time saying he was atrocious last year. 

• Like 1

Geez, if only he had retired three seasons ago...I love him for what he has done but he should have paid attention a few years ago...

• Like 2

If he'd retired end of last year I'd have a lot fonder memories of him than the ones tinged with him asking for more money to embarass himself at LT this year.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

The Eagles have paid him almost $28 million dollars since then so he had a lot of reasons to tough it out.

Yes, JP stayed too long at the party but who wouldn't when you're getting that kind of money?  I don't blame him one bit. I blame Howie and the player personnel people who looked the other way as his skills deteriorated and failed to come up with a legit succession plan. 

• Like 1

You guys are forgetting one thing: Howie Roseman...

News article March 2021: " Eagles sign Jason Peters to one year deal...."

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Geez, if only he had retired three seasons ago...I love him for what he has done but he should have paid attention a few years ago...

That’s more on Howie than it is on Peters

• Like 1

Good.

Don't wish him any harm and I will always appreciate what a force he was for this team, but he's done. Gotta hang em up, JP.

• Like 1

I love JP, but it's time to develop the young guys. I assume Mailata will take his place?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I love JP, but it's time to develop the young guys. I assume Mailata will take his place?

Mailata will be at LT.  I think Herbig is replacing him at  RG.

And what happens next year when Dillard returns?  I'm concerned that Lane might be entering Peters territory...

2 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Sad way for Peters to go out. Bad news

So true- he was an all-time great Eagle but will leave a bad taste for a lot of fans because of his last year. This year was a mess for him with the poor play, injuries and contract issue. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Mailata will be at LT.  I think Herbig is replacing him at  RG.

And what happens next year when Dillard returns?  I'm concerned that Lane might be entering Peters territory...

The little that we saw from Dillard at this point, I think I'd rather keep Mailata at LT. I really think he's more than earned it. 

• Like 4

Heck of a career, I'm guessing he's played his last game here.   I'm hoping he officially retires after this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The little that we saw from Dillard at this point, I think I'd rather keep Mailata at LT. I really think he's more than earned it. 

My prediction is that Dillard joins Shawn Andrews, Danny Watkins and Marcus Smith in the first round bust club but hey, it's early. 

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think it's Mailata's job to lose at this point.  Dillard can compete.

The way Lane Johnson's injuries have been, both Dillard and Mailata might be starting anyway.

• Like 1

Hope the contract had an injury clause.  He demanded more money for LT, then went back to RG now not playing and when he did play he sucked.  

Tarnished his legacy.  Have to remember when he was a beast.  He'll be in the HOF.

• Like 1

All-time Eagle, first or second ballot HOF. Gonna take me about a year or 2 to forget how much of a pain in the ass he was this year.

• Like 2

I never wanted him back. He should have started enjoying retirement last year

One of the greatest but he's ending his career in a flaming garbage truck

• Like 2
  • Haha 1