If we make the playoffs....

WeaponX

Who starts if we make the playoffs?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts in the playoffs?

• Jalen Hurts
    • Carson Wentz

3 hours ago, WeaponX said:

If we somehow get into the playoffs who do you want to start ? 

In this scenario, who was the QB for the final games of the season, Carson or Jalen? The answer there, is the answer to the Poll Question (for me). 

1 hour ago, CTEagles said:

we need some kind of miracle to happen to get there dont we? we certainly dont control our destiny right?

It's very possible without some kind of "miracle"  We need to win the last 3 and have Seattle beat Wash and Browns or Cowboys beat the Giants. Both very real possibilities for us to control our own destiny. 

came across this gem in a story about the state of the playoff race, wouldnt that be a kick in the pants...3 way tie at 7-9 and we wind up in the basement 🤣

"The ultimate chaos scenario

We'll throw this one out there just for poops and giggles: If the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys win and Washington loses in Week 15, the Giants and Washington win and Dallas beats Philly in Week 16 and the Eagles and Cowboys beat Washington and the Giants, respectively, in Week 17, we'll have a three-way tie at 7-9 in which Dallas, New York and Washington would also share identical common-game and divisional records.

The NFL would have to use the conference record tiebreaker, which would go to the Cowboys (6-6 versus 5-7 for Washington and 4-8 for the G-Men). And depending on how the strength of victory results were to pan out, that scenario could mean that a Week 3 tie with Cincinnati winds up being the difference between first and last place for the Eagles."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CTEagles said:

we need some kind of miracle to happen to get there dont we? we certainly dont control our destiny right?

Far from a miracle. Eagles need to these next three against Arizona, Dallas and Washington. If they play like they did yesterday that’s a legitimate possibility, obviously Cards will be the tough one. 

By winning out, that means Washington obviously loses a game. They would just need to lose one of their other two (one is against Seattle). And the Giants have to lose one of their final three. 

So basically what I’m saying is if the Eagles win out, I think they get in. Because I do see the giants and Washington lose another game outside of the Eagles game. 

Putting Wentz in in that scenario would have a Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie type feel to it. 

This team has done some dumb ish, but if we’re 4-0 with Hurts, it would be the cherry on top to go back to Wentz. 

• Like 1

If they get the win this weekend, it could really be interesting. Washington has Seattle and the Giants have the Browns... real possibility that both of them lose those games. 

That would mean the Eagles control their own destiny, and win the division if they can beat Dallas and Washington to end the season. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, WeaponX said:

If we somehow get into the playoffs who do you want to start ? 

Kidnap Nick from Chicago

I would imagine if we make the play offs they would bring back Carson. 

But if it were me? I'd recognise at that point that this team seems to be better without him and I'd go Hurts. 

I mean can you imagine if they brought back Wentz and we lost? If the offense looked as stale and the team lacked spark?

5 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

spacer.png

Normally I’d be with you, but 3 seasons straight the Eagles were thought to be dead and somehow they made three playoff pushes, and won 4 playoff games. I know it’s probably not in the best interest of the Eagles to actually win, but for some reason come this time of year they figure things out despite their lack of talent. They also seem to elevate their game when they go to the backup quarterback. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Normally I’d be with you, but 3 seasons straight the Eagles were thought to be dead and somehow they made three playoff pushes, and won 4 playoff games. I know it’s probably not in the best interest of the Eagles to actually win, but for some reason come this time of year they figure things out despite their lack of talent. They also seem to elevate their game when they go to the backup quarterback. 

Oh I definitely hear you, this thread just made me think of Jim Mora saying it lol....I agree that they'll rally around the backup QB and probably win out and make it. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

They squeaked into the playoffs last year because of a bad division. They could still end up doing that because of how bad this division is

56 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

They squeaked into the playoffs last year because of a bad division. They could still end up doing that because of how bad this division is

They won the Super Bowl winning a bad division. The following year the division okay, the year after that it was bad and this year it’s bad. The Patriots have been owning a bad division for over a decade and they won a lot of Super Bowls thanks to it. 

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Oh I definitely hear you, this thread just made me think of Jim Mora saying it lol....I agree that they'll rally around the backup QB and probably win out and make it. 

I’ve been one who would like the better draftpick, but I’m torn with the idea of making the playoffs and does it really matter if Howie’s making the picks? It’s almost guaranteed the guy who gets picked after the Eagles will be a better player. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

They won the Super Bowl winning a bad division. The following year the division okay, the year after that it was bad and this year it’s bad. The Patriots have been owning a bad division for over a decade and they won a lot of Super Bowls thanks to it. 

I wouldn't call the 2017 division bad. 

Pats have been good while their division sucked

We are not a good team even if we squeak out a win in the division.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I wouldn't call the 2017 division bad. 

Pats have been good while their division sucked

We are not a good team even if we squeak out a win in the division.

I wouldn’t call the 2017 NFC East great either. They were mediocre at best and the Eagles were far and away better.

The Pats have been coasting to an average of 5-6 wins a season playing in that division. They have been a much better home than road team and they have forced a lot of people to come to their place to beat them. It’s an easier task to accomplish when you own everyone in the division for so long. 
The Seahawks won the division in 2010 with 7 wins and won a playoff game. For the Eagles to actually win (and I’m not even saying they can) this division they need to win out and get a lot of help. They’re not a good football team, but drafting in the top 5 isn’t guaranteeing they will become good either. The Browns have been drafting in the top ten for what seems like forever and they have little to show for it. Meanwhile the Pats have drafted late nearly every season, but have been good for decades. Drafting higher doesn’t mean that the person making the picks will make the right choices. I’m even more doubtful if that guy is Howie. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would imagine if we make the play offs they would bring back Carson. 

But if it were me? I'd recognise at that point that this team seems to be better without him and I'd go Hurts. 

I mean can you imagine if they brought back Wentz and we lost? If the offense looked as stale and the team lacked spark?

Nah, if we go 4-0 with Hurts under center, I see a 0% chance they put Wentz back in for a playoff game.

36 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve been one who would like the better draftpick, but I’m torn with the idea of making the playoffs and does it really matter if Howie’s making the picks? It’s almost guaranteed the guy who gets picked after the Eagles will be a better player. 

Absolutely, if Howie isn't getting fired then drafting 5-10 picks lower won't really hurt us anyway.  Besides, I think it would be great for these young guys to get experience playing in a playoff game. 

it sounds weird to say, because it's been a long, long time, but I think Washington has the best chance of all the teams in the NFCE to advance deep in the playoffs. 

11 hours ago, nipples said:

If they get the win this weekend, it could really be interesting. Washington has Seattle and the Giants have the Browns... real possibility that both of them lose those games. 

That would mean the Eagles control their own destiny, and win the division if they can beat Dallas and Washington to end the season. 

If Cowboys, Giants, and Washington lose this weekend and Eagles win, and Giants and Washington lose again in week 16, that means Cowboys game would be meaningless. 

On 12/14/2020 at 12:39 PM, Mike030270 said:

1 game and people are talking about playoffs? :lol:

Don't look now but we could control our own destiny after this weekend with only Dallas and Washington left on the schedule.

18 hours ago, nipples said:

Yup.  And with Danny Jones and Alex smith both hobbling, suddenly Jalen hurts could very well be the best qb in the division.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yup.  And with Danny Jones and Alex smith both hobbling, suddenly Jalen hurts could very well be the best qb in the division.

Andy Dalton might be in the conversation but I get your point.