If we make the playoffs....

WeaponX

Who starts if we make the playoffs?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts in the playoffs?

• Jalen Hurts
    • Carson Wentz

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wouldn’t call the 2017 NFC East great either. They were mediocre at best and the Eagles were far and away better.

The Pats have been coasting to an average of 5-6 wins a season playing in that division. They have been a much better home than road team and they have forced a lot of people to come to their place to beat them. It’s an easier task to accomplish when you own everyone in the division for so long. 
The Seahawks won the division in 2010 with 7 wins and won a playoff game. For the Eagles to actually win (and I’m not even saying they can) this division they need to win out and get a lot of help. They’re not a good football team, but drafting in the top 5 isn’t guaranteeing they will become good either. The Browns have been drafting in the top ten for what seems like forever and they have little to show for it. Meanwhile the Pats have drafted late nearly every season, but have been good for decades. Drafting higher doesn’t mean that the person making the picks will make the right choices. I’m even more doubtful if that guy is Howie. 

I wouldn't exactly call WFT losing to Seahawks and Giants losing to CLV or BLT a LOT of help.  Eagles win out, they probably take the division.

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

I wouldn't exactly call WFT losing to Seahawks and Giants losing to CLV or BLT a LOT of help.  Eagles win out, they probably take the division.

Well I feel like they do have a chance to win out. We will see how it all plays out. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well I feel like they do have a chance to win out. We will see how it all plays out. 

Oh they absolutely do. Do I think they will? No I don't. But can they? Absolutely. If they play as well on both sides of the ball as they did against NO then they have a good chance to win out. Arizona are a good team but they shouldn't be feared. Their defense isn't great. Their issue stutters at times. Dallas are a bad team and let's not get carried away by Washington right now. They are well coached and that DL is good but that's not a good team.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh they absolutely do. Do I think they will? No I don't. But can they? Absolutely. If they play as well on both sides of the ball as they did against NO then they have a good chance to win out. Arizona are a good team but they shouldn't be feared. Their defense isn't great. Their issue stutters at times. Dallas are a bad team and let's not get carried away by Washington right now. They are well coached and that DL is good but that's not a good team.

I care more about seeing what Hurts can do with increased game experience than I do with a playoff push, but if he can get them to the playoffs that’s good for his development too. At least that’s what the Wentz people said about Carson last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I care more about seeing what Hurts can do with increased game experience than I do with a playoff push, but if he can get them to the playoffs that’s good for his development too. At least that’s what the Wentz people said about Carson last season. 

I guess a lot of this comes down to what side of the argument you sit. There's an argument to say that Wentz would benefit him some play off experience. There's also an argument against that given how bad he's been this year. But ultimately it comes down to whether you sit on the Wentz side or not. 

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess a lot of this comes down to what side of the argument you sit. There's an argument to say that Wentz would benefit him some play off experience. There's also an argument against that given how bad he's been this year. But ultimately it comes down to whether you sit on the Wentz side or not. 

I sit on the side that’s all about helping the Eagles win. Would a better draft pick do that? Maybe, but a quarterback who makes smart decisions, doesn’t haphazardly turn the ball over, and doesn’t get injured every year at key points in the season also does that. So here’s to finding out if Hurts can be that guy. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hurts has fumbled once every 20 touches.

You’re basing that off less than 100 touches, but you’re still humming on Carson’s sack? 😂🤣😂

On 12/14/2020 at 11:39 AM, Mike030270 said:

1 game and people are talking about playoffs? :lol:

One game where the opposing team's QB is ...... entertaining. Does anyone think the New Orleans game would have gone the same with a healthy Drew Brees? Or Payton & company not already thinking about the next game that could be a preview of the Super Bowl? A win is great and much needed but I'm not making too much of it.