Washington FT @ Eagles is Sunday Night Football game Week 17

gameshowfan91

6 hours ago, judunno said:

Not an opinion. There's a reason they finally woke up to change the name. They won't be the last. Good to know where you stand though.

A fact is something based on universal law, science, evidence, reproducible experimentation, etc.  Whether the name of a sports team is "racist" or not is definitely in the arena of opinion and subjectivity.  They didn't wake up, they just adapted to their socioeconomic environment and made a business decision.  I don't "stand" for or against their name, I don't care either way.  It's funny I've been on these boards and been a fan for decades and I never heard anyone say they were offended by their name until someone told them they should be. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

A fact is something based on universal law, science, evidence, reproducible experimentation, etc.  Whether the name of a sports team is "racist" or not is definitely in the arena of opinion and subjectivity.  They didn't wake up, they just adapted to their socioeconomic environment and made a business decision.  I don't "stand" for or against their name, I don't care either way.  It's funny I've been on these boards and been a fan for decades and I never heard anyone say they were offended by their name until someone told them they should be. 

Nah just think you're slow to the punch ;) People have been talking about this for decades even before the woke movement and these boards even.  This goes back to the 80s. All good that it's new to you. Like you said you don't care and appear to be a bit ignorant on the matter so you probably shouldn't speak on it 

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yes, sorry...it's an opinion.  The reason they "woke" up to changing the team name is that the cost of cancel culture nonsense sweeping the US right now finally outweighed the cost of revamping name, logo, etc.  Simple business.

Yet another who doesn't know the history of this thing and how long in the making its been. Oh well. Eagles fans should just be Eagles fans. F washington anyway lol.

20 hours ago, Portyansky said:

I think if we win this game Lurie should go nuts!

My fear is he’d see it as finishing "on a positive note”. 

19 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Mialata has already proven himself and he will be in the mix next year to possibly start.  He has a concussion. I would keep him out regardless. It's a meaningless game and there is more to gain by losing vs. winning this game. 

I think this would be an ideal week to see Boston Scott play LT. 

:whistle: 

9 hours ago, judunno said:

Nah just think you're slow to the punch ;) People have been talking about this for decades even before the woke movement and these boards even.  This goes back to the 80s. All good that it's new to you. Like you said you don't care and appear to be a bit ignorant on the matter so you probably shouldn't speak on it 

Maybe I am, I'm just saying it must have been a very small minority of people offended by the name if it has been getting brushed aside since the 80s.  I've been a football fan since the 90's and haven't heard anyone talking about this until recently.  Yeah, we're all ignorant here and you're the enlightened one.  Sure thing man. 

37 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Maybe I am, I'm just saying it must have been a very small minority of people offended by the name if it has been getting brushed aside since the 80s.  I've been a football fan since the 90's and haven't heard anyone talking about this until recently.  Yeah, we're all ignorant here and you're the enlightened one.  Sure thing man. 

Keyword.. minorities. Native americans are minorities and by nature small in numbers.  Trust me it's a good thing for those who detest racism when racist symbolism is being removed across the country from statues and flags to team names. It's a good thing. Now back to the scheduled programming. I have a feeling we are going to blow Washington off of the field this weekend just because most of us want them to lose lol.

Alex Smith is playing. 

i'm on the fence about this one.

on one hand if we win, this means dallas is in the playoffs. while i hate that, this moves them to picking #19 or lower in the draft. They are going to be done after the first weekend of playoffs so no loss there but they get screwed in draft picks and we go down to #10 or so.

If we lose, then we can get up to #3 in draft pick, washington goes into the playoffs but dallas has a high pick also. 

i think i still like us getting a top 5 pick over where dallas picks BUT i would rather have someone besides howie making the pick.

Someone in YouTube comments said, "I read online on one of the Eagles news sites that one of the Eagles defensive coaches is exhorting the defense to enforce 'no hat rule.' That is, don't let Washington come into their house and clinch the division, thus being able to wear Champion baseball cap. So the team seem determined to play spoiler."

How stupid is this team?!  This win does more harm than good!  Cowboys being in Playoffs would be worst thing to come out of this. They'd have momentum. Seeing Washington wearing hats in Eagles' stadium is nowhere near as bad as seeing possibility of Cowboys hoisting NFC Championship or even a Super Bowl. Division championships are nothing compared to those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Someone in YouTube comments said, "I read online on one of the Eagles news sites that one of the Eagles defensive coaches is exhorting the defense to enforce 'no hat rule.' That is, don't let Washington come into their house and clinch the division, thus being able to wear Champion baseball cap. So the team seem determined to play spoiler."

How stupid is this team?!  This win does more harm than good!  Cowboys being in Playoffs would be worst thing to come out of this. They'd have momentum. Seeing Washington wearing hats in Eagles' stadium is nowhere near as bad as seeing possibility of Cowboys hoisting NFC Championship or even a Super Bowl. Division championships are nothing compared to those.

I agree with you. The NFC is weak and the Packers just became weaker. I think the Giants and Cowboys are our most hated rivals. I don't want either of those teams winning the division.

8 hours ago, judunno said:

Keyword.. minorities. Native americans are minorities and by nature small in numbers.  Trust me it's a good thing for those who detest racism when racist symbolism is being removed across the country from statues and flags to team names. It's a good thing. Now back to the scheduled programming. I have a feeling we are going to blow Washington off of the field this weekend just because most of us want them to lose lol.

That's true they are, my only point was that many natives didn't think the name was racist/didn't care.  Of course everyone should detest racism but things like team names, statues and flags aren't as cut and dry and should be judged on a case by case basis.  Like I said I'm cool with them changing their name, I'm just not naive enough to think they just had an epiphany after 80 years out of the kindness of their hearts.  I just thought they should have had their new name ready instead of the idiotic "Football Team" lol....and we probably will blow them out now that we have nothing to play for. 

5 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

Please Eagles Please dont screw this up, please please losee.

The double whammy if we win...I can't bear it. Such a strange position to be in. 

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Mills out

Screenshot_20210101-051921_Facebook.jpg

So given with this in mind... Where do we all stand with Mills and the experiment at S? Do we think it's worth bringing him back next year? On a relatively cheap deal of course. I think he put up some decent numbers and he was really versatile for the team so there's value in that. But there's also no doubt that he had some issues along the way too.

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So given with this in mind... Where do we all stand with Mills and the experiment at S? Do we think it's worth bringing him back next year? On a relatively cheap deal of course. I think he put up some decent numbers and he was really versatile for the team so there's value in that. But there's also no doubt that he had some issues along the way too.

I thought he played well at safety

5 minutes ago, judunno said:

I thought he played well at safety

I think given his versatility he's worth bringing back if the cap number is low enough. We need experienced guys and he can play a number of different positions.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think given his versatility he's worth bringing back if the cap number is low enough. We need experienced guys and he can play a number of different positions.

I don’t think they have the picks or the cap space to fill all their needs. In fact the team might need to make more holes on the roster just to get under the cap. It means they’re going to have to hope some of these young guys they drafted finally step up and play. Andre Dillard is a prime example of a guy who needs to step up next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think they have the picks or the cap space to fill all their needs. In fact the team might need to make more holes on the roster just to get under the cap. It means they’re going to have to hope some of these young guys they drafted finally step up and play. Andre Dillard is a prime example of a guy who needs to step up next season. 

Oh without doubt. They can't fill all holes in one off season. And more to the point no team can fill all holes. This team needs to decide what it wants to excel at and build around that approach. 

On 12/30/2020 at 9:24 AM, judunno said:

There's no debate at all. That crap was racist as hell smh 

They called us palefaces; we called them redskins. Descriptive terms; what's the problem? And if you say treating human beings as mascots is a problem, you'd better be willing to get rid of the Patriots, the Packers, the Cowboys, on-and-on ad nauseum. 

9 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

They called us palefaces; we called them redskins. Descriptive terms; what's the problem? And if you say treating human beings as mascots is a problem, you'd better be willing to get rid of the Patriots, the Packers, the Cowboys, on-and-on ad nauseum. 

ok... step out if this conversation lol. my lord. and this is how 1/2 the country thinks. back to football... how many sacks will young have this weekend. Im going with 3.

6 minutes ago, judunno said:

ok... step out if this conversation lol. my lord. and this is how 1/2 the country thinks. back to football... how many sacks will young have this weekend. Im going with 3.

Plenty of redskins think the same way.