2021 Schedule

time2rock

That schedule.....sheesh.....it looks like another recap of this past season as far as wins are concerned....

I thought we were a last place team?? That does not look easy in the slightest....

I don't know, that schedule doesn't appear as difficult as some of you are making it out to be.  It is all going to come down to (1) the team we field (Howie has a lot of work to do to put together a viable team), (2) injuries (partly related to 1), (3) QB play, and (4) scheme / play calling on both offense and defense (obviously the latter is TBD without knowing who our DC will be).  

Anyway, if we somehow escape the injury bug that has plagued this team for the past 4 years and still end up a 4-6 win team with that schedule, bigger changes will need to be made.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I don't know, that schedule doesn't appear as difficult as some of you are making it out to be.  It is all going to come down to (1) the team we field (Howie has a lot of work to do to put together a viable team), injuries (partly related to 1), QB play, and (3) scheme / play calling on both offense and defense (obviously the latter is TBD without knowing who our DC will be).  

Anyway, if we somehow escape the injury bug that has plagued this team for the past 4 years and still end up a 4-6 win team with that schedule, bigger changes will need to be made.  

Agreed. Wins will be determined by how good the Birds are, not their opponents. The Chiefs are the only team I'd be worriied about if our team is firing on all cylinders.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:05 PM, Greenakers2 said:

Looks like they stand a better chance on the road than at home...................

I was just thinking the same thing. That home schedule looks really rough.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

That schedule.....sheesh.....it looks like another recap of this past season as far as wins are concerned....

I thought we were a last place team?? That does not look easy in the slightest....

Geez.  We just shouldn't watch.  We already know the outcomes.

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Geez.  We just shouldn't watch.  We already know the outcomes.

Know sarcasm when you see it much?

On 1/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, manz2821 said:

I like the schedule. Toughest games are at home with the Chiefs, Saints and Bucs. Road schedule seems the easiest in a long time.

Agreed. With Brees out of the picture the Eagles should beat the Saints again! 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, GeorgeM37 said:

I don't think it's as bad as this season. KC, TB, NO are tough games. SF if healthy is a tough one. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I don't think it's as bad as this season. KC, TB, NO are tough games. SF if healthy is a tough one. 

I know....and agreed....I was being facetious

2 hours ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

FINALLY not playing the Seahawks for once

Wadda you mean?? We'll be playing them in the NFC Championship game! 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PhillyEagles852 said:

FINALLY not playing the Seahawks for once

Yeah there are certain teams we seem to keep playing almost every year like the Saints as well.  I know it's not exactly every year but it feels like it sometimes.

23 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Relax people.  Trying to guess the amount of wins for a schedule before the previous season is even over is a major reach.  Be more concerned with the sate of the franchise for the next 3 years.  

Trying to predict the record before the year starts (even the first few games) is nigh on impossible. Some bad teams can improve a lot (Niners last year), some good teams can lose good players etc and not be as good. 

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Relax people.  Trying to guess the amount of wins for a schedule before the previous season is even over is a major reach.  Be more concerned with the sate of the franchise for the next 3 years.  

Agreed!!

17-0

:excited:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Trying to predict the record before the year starts (even the first few games) is nigh on impossible. Some bad teams can improve a lot (Niners last year), some good teams can lose good players etc and not be as good. 

It's gonna be a long offseason...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that one of those Giants games will be in primetime after all this fuss. 

• Haha 1

Potentially an easy schedule except for KC and NO. It'll all come down to what the organization looks like next season.

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm pretty sure that one of those Giants games will be in primetime after all this fuss. 

Regular season finale??  :lol:

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2021 at 5:51 PM, time2rock said:

HOME:

Dallas

NY Giants

Washington

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Kansas City

LA Chargers

San Francisco

AWAY:

Dallas

NY Giants

Washington

Atlanta

Carolina

Las Vegas

Denver

Detroit 

HOME or AWAY:

NY Jets

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/heres-1st-look-eagles-opponents-2021-nfl-season?fbclid=IwAR35leLurheRpOYX_uhHRtX6Ce-xCDMnhjAX6gVYtw-UAy2CHDNY_wdXUR8

2-15

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

2-15

Ouch!

Silver lining: that would surely lead to much bigger organizational changes that many have been clamoring for.  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Ouch!

Silver lining: that would surely lead to much bigger organizational changes that many have been clamoring for.  

OK 3-14, we should have one of those "on any sunday" games lol. First thing we need to do is USE the pieces we DO have(Sanders/Fulgham/Mailata etc). Second thing is smash the itunes that are playing the songs for the musical chair O line Third, find REAL S&C staff so we don't have a sideline full of blue tents 🤣

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK 3-14, we should have one of those "on any sunday" games lol. First thing we need to do is USE the pieces we DO have(Sanders/Fulgham/Mailata etc). Second thing is smash the itunes that are playing the songs for the musical chair O line Third, find REAL S&C staff so we don't have a sideline full of blue tents 🤣

I do think the one common denominator in all 3 of those is purging the roster of the aging vets.  That won't cure all but it will be a big help.  Second is likely giving more priority to medical history during player evaluation.

8 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do think the one common denominator in all 3 of those is purging the roster of the aging vets.  That won't cure all but it will be a big help.  Second is likely giving more priority to medical history during player evaluation.

The biggest problem is Howie's reactionary approach to drafting.

One year...draft the guys with the best NCAA stats, ignore the rest.

Another year...draft the guys with the highest motor and passion for playing football, ignore the rest.

Last year...draft the fastest guys in a straight line to compensate for the fact we've ignore that for years.  Ignore the rest. 

Maybe now they exclusively draft guys who missed 0 time in college and ignore the rest.  

They consistently miss out on better players because of ignoring the big picture.