2021 Schedule

time2rock

27 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

If there is a 17th Game, I suspect it would be more likely a regional rival.  Since the Jets and Giants likely would play each other, I suspect it would be the Ravens who the Eagles would play in that game. 

There was already a report that the 17th game would be against the Jets.  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/philadelphia-eagles-2021-opponents-strength-of-schedule/

I think there will be more divisional games towards the end of the year.  They always seem to pack in 3 of 4 division games at the end.

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You don’t say.  

Not always.  This is one year I can see the Eagles play some divisional games early.

Schedule as I do it is based on the expectation the Phillies make the MLB playoffs and potentially make a deep run.  That's why I have the three straight road games before the bye and playing five-of-seven (including three straight at home or six-of-eight and four straight at home if there is a 17th game AND the 17th game at home, most likely against the Jets based on reports) to close out the season.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, What The F said:

With 17 games.... Colts visit Philly in week 4

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

It's now official we have a 17 week season. 

cmoooooooooooooooooooon Indy! 

Jets. Lol. Just like we have been ending pre season with a meaningless game, we will end the regular season the same way.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Has it been addressed?  Are they adding a week towards the end of the season or starting the season a week earlier, like labor day weekend?

They are not starting the season a week earlier ... the schedule will kick off on the same week it has been.  The season will conclude a week later than normal.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

They are not starting the season a week earlier ... the schedule will kick off on the same week it has been.  The season will conclude a week later than normal.  

And 3 preseason games from the normal 4. 

So, what are the chances that the Eagles get to visit London again this season? The Eagles are one of the Falcon’s away opponents, but I imagine that the NFL schedulers have a much more attractive matchup in mind...

The only good thing about the last London game was that Rich Eisen NFL Network broadcast crew for the game and Wentz making the unbelievable throw across his body as he's getting hit to Ertz right in perfect stride.  

Players already are hating this and the extra week of trying to get their bodies ready for an extra beating a year. Imagine the team that goes to the super bowl having to get to week 17 to make the playoffs or some sheet. Talk about super bowl hangovers. 

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Players already are hating this and the extra week of trying to get their bodies ready for an extra beating a year. Imagine the team that goes to the super bowl having to get to week 17 to make the playoffs or some sheet. Talk about super bowl hangovers. 

They’re in discussions to add a 2nd bye week for each team ... that’ll help.  

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

They’re in discussions to add a 2nd bye week for each team ... that’ll help.  

I think in most cases those last 1-2 games will be meaningless just like they are now with the exception of a few division deciding games. An extra bye week is good for rest but otherwise drags out the season . 

Maybe I'm just getting old and don't like change too lol