2021 Schedule

time2rock

10 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I do think the one common denominator in all 3 of those is purging the roster of the aging vets.  That won't cure all but it will be a big help.  Second is likely giving more priority to medical history during player evaluation.

Well see, we released JP, let him try to find another team. No takers,so we took him back(as an OG). Then he pressured us for OT money and we caved. Going forward we need to be alot smarter than that

We need to KNOW who are STARTING LOT is. I saw Mailata toss 300 pound linemen 5 yards downfield(more than once lol). I hope he can start. He just beats arse. Still wondering why for one play we can't make him tackle eligible at the 1 yard line. He would probably have a blast mowing people down as a FB(see the fridge Perry)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Regular season finale??  :lol:

No, I think it would be early in the season. Also, I would expect us to get a lot of flags as payback in that game. I could easily see the League giving us a lot of phantom holds and PI's. 

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well see, we released JP, let him try to find another team. No takers,so we took him back(as an OG). Then he pressured us for OT money and we caved. Going forward we need to be alot smarter than that

I stand by my position that I never liked the decision to bring him back (why not play Herbig or one of the other young OGs we have been grooming)?  Made zero sense (to me) to bring back an old broken down OL that has never played the position before.  Hopefully Howie learned his lesson.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

No, I think it would be early in the season. Also, I would expect us to get a lot of flags as payback in that game. I could easily see the League giving us a lot of phantom holds and PI's. 

Oh I know where you were going.  I was joking on playing them for the finale when potentially one of the teams could be viewed as potentially tanking (again).  Considering Judge's comments afterward it would be funny to play them if we were already eliminated and they had something to play for.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Oh I know where you were going.  I was joking on playing them for the finale when potentially one of the teams could be viewed as potentially tanking (again).  Considering Judge's comments afterward it would be funny to play them if we were already eliminated and they had something to play for.  

No, I get it. I thought you were joking. But, I think the League will want that one on early because it will be fresher in everyone's minds. The rivalry is good for the NFL and I do think the NFL will find its way to punish us (even if it is sneaky) if it didn't like how we handled this past game.  I bet the game in the Meadowlands will be the game on primetime.

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Hmmm instead of pre-season we have "pre-tanking?(Sitting around a table deciding what the worst combo we have is)🙄

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hmmm instead of pre-season we have "pre-tanking?(Sitting around a table deciding what the worst combo we have is)🙄

I'm hoping we aren't in a position again next year with nothing to play for (other than draft position) come the end of the season, but I also know we are the only team in the division on a downward trajectory at this moment and will have an even tougher time than the rest assembling a competitive team due to our cap situation.  Just hoping we make the right moves now to best set up the team for 2022 and beyond (to do that Howie needs to be willing to accept 2021 is not going to be a competitive year).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

I'm hoping we aren't in a position again next year with nothing to play for (other than draft position) come the end of the season, but I also know we are the only team in the division on a downward trajectory at this moment and will have an even tougher time than the rest assembling a competitive team due to our cap situation.  Just hoping we make the right moves now to best set up the team for 2022 and beyond (to do that Howie needs to be willing to accept 2021 is not going to be a competitive year).  

I suspect we are going to be in this position (and perhaps worse) for the next year or two at least. 

Unfortunately running it back with Howie and Doug (and potentially Wentz) gives me zero confidence that we are going to see much of a change next year. And until we see the changes this rebuild will be put on hold.

I don't see Howie changing. He said the same BS in his post season press conference that he pretty much always says. He also tried to justify things by saying that one bad year shouldn't define this team? I mean he's blind to the issues here he really is. 

Doug isn't being held to account for the ish show that we've seen the last year (and in truth the last few years).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I suspect we are going to be in this position (and perhaps worse) for the next year or two at least. 

Unfortunately running it back with Howie and Doug (and potentially Wentz) gives me zero confidence that we are going to see much of a change next year. And until we see the changes this rebuild will be put on hold.

I don't see Howie changing. He said the same BS in his post season press conference that he pretty much always says. He also tried to justify things by saying that one bad year shouldn't define this team? I mean he's blind to the issues here he really is. 

Doug isn't being held to account for the ish show that we've seen the last year (and in truth the last few years).

No ... argument ... here.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 8:29 AM, time2rock said:

Ouch!

Silver lining: that would surely lead to much bigger organizational changes that many have been clamoring for.  

On 1/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, GreenbleedinNC said:

2-15

Being generous are we... 1-12-3 , enough to get to the next stage...

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, Fresh_Prince said:

does that new 17th game rotate divisions per year?

Yes. I believe it's based on a common finish but one of the opposite conference teams. Next year we play the Jets.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to do this again:

My predictions for the Eagles 2021 schedule (NOTE: This is edited to include a 17th game the NFL is likely to add in 2021):

Week 1: Sunday 9/12 at Giants, 1:00 PM on FOX (Phillies are at home, though the Eagles in theory could open at home Monday 9/13 but MLB likely wants that date kept open in case a makeup of a rainout is needed).

Week 2: Sunday 9/19 vs. Washington, 1:00 PM on FOX (Eagles can only be home on Sunday in Week 2, Phillies at Mets and home otherwise

Week 3: Sunday 9/26 at Panthers, 1:00 PM on FOX (Phillies play final home game 9/26, Mon. 9/27 needs to be open in case a rainout makeup has to be played)

Week 4: Thursday 9/30 vs. Chiefs, 8:20 PM on FOX/NFLN (Phillies on road, this would likely be on FOX as it would be Andy Reid returning)

Week 5: Sunday 10/10 at Raiders, 4:05/4:25 PM on FOX (Eagles on road in case Phillies are playing in NLDS at home)

Week 6: Sunday 10/17 at Broncos, 4:05/4:25 PM on FOX (Eagles on road in case Phillies are playing NLCS at home, Eagles likely stay out west between games)

Week 7: Sunday 10/24 at Washington, 1:00 PM on FOX (Eagles again on road in case Phillies are playing NLCS at home)

Week 8: Bye (allows for no conflict if Phillies make World Series

Week 9: Sunday 11/7 vs. Chargers, 1:00 PM on CBS

Week 10: Sunday 11/14 at Falcons, 1:00 PM on FOX

Week 11: Monday 11/22 vs. 49ers, 8:15 PM on ESPN 

Week 12: Sunday 11/28 vs. Giants, 1:00 PM on FOX

Week 13: Sunday 12/5 at Cowboys, 1:00 or 4:25 PM on FOX

Week 14: Sunday 12/12 vs. Saints, 1:00 PM ET on FOX 

Week 15: Saturday 12/18 vs. or at Jets, 4:30 PM on Amazon Prime/Twitch (CBS locally)

Week 16: Saturday 12/25 vs. Bucs, 4:30 PM on NFL Network (FOX locally)

Week 17: Sunday 1/2/'22 at Lions, 1:00 PM ET on FOX

Week 18: Sunday 1/9/'22 vs. Cowboys Time and Network TBD

Edited because when I did this a while back I forgot where Thanksgiving fell on the calendar, so I flipped the first Cowboys and second Giants games.

There will be a week 18 now with the regular season expanding to 17 games.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

There will be a week 18 now with the regular season expanding to 17 games.  

That is expected, but as of now may or may not happen until 2022.  This is based on the expected alignment. 

If there is a Week 18, what I would do is make Week 17 the "double doubleheader" week it has been in recent years (though not all division games), while Week 18 would have all games in a conference take place simultaneously (one conference at 3:00 PM, the other at 7:30 or 8:15 PM depending on whether or not CBS needs to air 60 Minutes ahead of the second games) with ALL games split up between ALL of the broadcast partners in the following manner:

NBC - 1st pick in each time slot

FOX and CBS - 2nd and 3rd pick with whoever normally airs a conference getting pick 2, the other pick 3

ABC - 4th pick

ESPN - 5th pick (games also air on LivWell, ABC's DT-2 Channel or LAFF, ABC's DT-3 Channel)

NFL Network - 6th pick (game also airs on either MOVIES, FOX's DT-2 channel or BUZZR, FOX's DT-4 channel)

FOX and CBS - 7th and 8th pick with whoever normally airs a conference getting 8th pick, the other 7th (games on CBS air on CBS Sports Network and DECADES, CBS's DT-2 Channel while FOX's bottom pick airs on FS1 and whichever of MOVIES or BUZZR is NOT airing the NFLN game).

10 minutes ago, What The F said:

With 17 games.... Colts visit Philly in week 4

If there is a 17th Game, I suspect it would be more likely a regional rival.  Since the Jets and Giants likely would play each other, I suspect it would be the Ravens who the Eagles would play in that game.