EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Mike030270 said:

His effort last season was trash

That's just wrong to say IMO. WENTZ was trash last season. And to not say requires saying the entire WR/TE corps was trash(which some are doing). This is easy to do especially if your kneejerk take is that all Howie's draft picks suck.  I happen to think you're wrong.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, What The F said:

Hypothetically,  if SF offered us 12 and a 2022 1, for 6, would you take it? 

No

1 minute ago, macgregor said:

That's just wrong to say IMO. WENTZ was trash last season. And to not say requires saying the entire WR/TE corps was trash(which some are doing). This is easy to do especially if your kneejerk take is that all Howie's draft picks suck.  I happen to think you're wrong.

It's on tape. You can disagree all you want though

4 minutes ago, macgregor said:

This is easy to do especially if your kneejerk take is that all Howie's draft picks suck.  I happen to think you're wrong.

Correct.  Only 95% of Howie's picks suck.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Apparently Mort and Lurie go way back.  

Don't change my narrative - Howie is bad.  

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

😏

It's amazing how everyone jumped off the Smith bandwagon for Pitts.

Just now, schuy7 said:

😏

Only if it's a trade back after 10, even then I'm a little, "eh" on the pick. But it's not as bad as like taking Reagor... 

36 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

The Eagles are infatuated with Hurts because of some analytics/statistical study they've done where Hurts ranks behind only Patrick Mahomes in terms of on field awareness. His perception of where he's at on the field and how it relates to the other players is off the charts, according to their study. I can't remember where I heard or read this though.

The problem is this is 99% based off a great college football player dominating sorry Big-12 defenses. I'm not sure if they really get that.

Of course, the same could be said for Murray and Mayfield.

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

😏

I wouldn’t take him at 6 i think he’s going to be a good player. However i don’t think he’s going to be the best player available at 6. If we trade back I’m ok with it. 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

So he wins 6, its the same problem.  To get to a good QB will take a trade up and a bunch of resources.  

I don’t think we win 6 games either. We are trading vets and going with youth and a first year HC, new DC, etc.

But sure, then you need to trade up. We’ll have extra picks from Wentz and if Hurts actually plays well we can probably get picks for him too.

Parsons on his Instagram story just posted that he ran a 4.44 laser 40 at 6 foot 3 245 lbs and Jayson Oweh ran a 4.38 at 6 foot 5 250 pounds

Just now, austinfan said:

Sure, but the big difference is the ability to throw the ball. 

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

And who says those two aren’t overrated? 

40 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Then why does Hurts keep tucking the ball after 1.25 seconds and take off running?  He might be seeing the field TOO well?

He see's so much at once that he sees nothing at all. 

17 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

East Texas isn’t much in the way of red clay.  More like GA, AL, MS and southern TN for that.  Red dirt, sure, but not really clay.  More dirt and sand.  You really have to get off the beaten path for dirt roads in Texas.  County roads even tend to be paved and Farm to Markets are pretty much paved.  When you think about red clay in country songs, think folk like Zack Brown, Florida-Georgia Line or Alabama.  Red Dirt  country started with Outlaw Country, Willie, Waylon, Jerry Jeff, Michael Murphy, Gary  Nunn, Guy Clark.  That’s a little far west for him.  Now, the backroads in Carolina bring you some mighty fine sights to behold too.  

Hell, East Texas ain't really Texas, it's the last bastion of the cotton south. Houston is it's own little world (where the South, the Sea and Oil met). And South Texas is North Mexico.

Spiritually, Texas starts on the West side of I-35, Fort Worth v Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Amarillo, Lubbock, et al. And ends in Midland-Odessa, 'cause El Paso is really part of New Mexico. Marfa is where the weirdness is centered.

And so does the music. Though God only knows how Robert Earl Keen and Lyle Lovett escaped Texas A&M with any soul.

44 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's how I read it. I doubt Mort would be talking about WIP call in's who have expressed interest in trading up for Wilson.

Once he starts talking about glory hole I'm out

The Gold Standard of Glory Hole. 

30 minutes ago, macgregor said:

Ertz clearly dogged it and didn’t put in full effort.  It was disgusting to watch.  He was the first player to give up Week 1 when WFT started their comeback, and it lasted to the 4th quarter Week 17 against WFT — when he moved out of the way to let Chase Young hit Sudfeld.

26 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's amazing how everyone jumped off the Smith bandwagon for Pitts.

They should. Pitts has higher upside and does more. 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

And who says those two aren’t overrated? 

They are.  I wouldn't want either as our franchise QB...I'm still stunned they went #1 overall.

36 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Parsons on his Instagram story just posted that he ran a 4.44 laser 40 at 6 foot 3 245 lbs and Jayson Oweh ran a 4.38 at 6 foot 5 250 pounds

Slower than I ran laser timed today. They may want to check out the equipment.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

What top QBs?

Mahomes has Travis Kelce; he’s not asking

Watson isn’t on speaking terms with the Texans; he’s not asking

Wilson is tired of getting hit and Ertz couldn’t block an infant; he’s not asking

Brady and Lamar have TE talent in 3s; they’re not asking

Ask Michael Silver.

Every Lawrence highlight I've seen has him rolling out and making plays a la Russell Wilson.

Difference is, with Lawrence's frame, he tries that stuff in the NFL he'll be retired faster than Luck.

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

His effort last season was trash

No it wasn’t. When a player and team plays poorly (as he and the team did) they’re subjected to "he gives no effort/doesn’t care”. This couldn’t be further from the truth , it’s total nonsense. High ankle sprain, came back early on a sh!tty team to play last 5 games with a Rookie QB. Then had ankle surgery. 
Talked about his love for the city, broke down in post season press conference and moved his parents here. 

The no effort/doesn’t care BS needs to stop. Have never been able to understand why players like Ertz get sh!t on in here. 
Played bad, sure. 

Archived