EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I remember people arguing with me, saying Dak was stupid to not take the deal last year. I said at the time he was playing it perfectly.

He was always going to get this contract unless he suffered a career-ending injury (and in that event he had the insurance to pay him a massive amount). 

Dak and his agent took Jerry to school., and it was obvious from the beginning. 

Yup i thought they could’ve even played it out for another year and really took Jerry to the cleaners. His agent played it perfectly. Dallas was only offering around $100 guaranteed last year for 5 years. He just got $126 mil guaranteed for 4 and franchise for 31 mil. So basically got $157 mil guaranteed for basically 5 years. 

there are people out there that believe Wentz was on a horrible contract. :roll:

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

there are people out there that believe Wentz was on a horrible contract. :roll:

Brandon Brooks too

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The F are you talking about? 

It's a line in a song by Michelle Shocked.  

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

East Texas isn’t much in the way of red clay.  More like GA, AL, MS and southern TN for that.  Red dirt, sure, but not really clay.  More dirt and sand.  You really have to get off the beaten path for dirt roads in Texas.  County roads even tend to be paved and Farm to Markets are pretty much paved.  When you think about red clay in country songs, think folk like Zack Brown, Florida-Georgia Line or Alabama.  Red Dirt  country started with Outlaw Country, Willie, Waylon, Jerry Jeff, Michael Murphy, Gary  Nunn, Guy Clark.  That’s a little far west for him.  Now, the backroads in Carolina bring you some mighty fine sights to behold too.  

Not according to Michelle Shocked.  

16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Brandon Brooks too

I thought someone in here went over Brooks contract recently and said it wasn't good to get out of if he can't stay healthy

23 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Not according to Michelle Shocked.  

She’s from f’in Dallas. Real Texans know that Dallas is really in Oklahoma and the reason Texas doesn’t slide into the Gulf is Oklahoma sucks. 

27 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s not just quarterbacks. When the Eagles extended Ertz every talking head (not named Joe Banner) said they vastly overpaid. Obviously, they were way wrong.

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

She’s from f’in Dallas. Real Texans know that Dallas is really in Oklahoma and the reason Texas doesn’t slide into the Gulf is Oklahoma sucks. 

I think she wrote a song about that.

30 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought someone in here went over Brooks contract recently and said it wasn't good to get out of if he can't stay healthy

I think that’s a different argument. 

My point is WFT is paying Scherff over $33M for two years plus whatever they give him if they agree to a massive extension. Eagles are paying Brooks $46M for 4. If healthy, I’m taking Brooks no question.

5 hours ago, What The F said:

Hypothetically,  if SF offered us 12 and a 2022 1, for 6, would you take it? 

If Waddle was waiting there..........

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Anybody listen to the Gannon interview with Spadaro? Did he say anything interesting?

Gannon could be Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday and that would still be cringeworthy with Spadaro.

4 hours ago, BigEFly said:

East Texas isn’t much in the way of red clay.  More like GA, AL, MS and southern TN for that.  Red dirt, sure, but not really clay.  More dirt and sand.  You really have to get off the beaten path for dirt roads in Texas.  County roads even tend to be paved and Farm to Markets are pretty much paved.  When you think about red clay in country songs, think folk like Zack Brown, Florida-Georgia Line or Alabama.  Red Dirt  country started with Outlaw Country, Willie, Waylon, Jerry Jeff, Michael Murphy, Gary  Nunn, Guy Clark.  That’s a little far west for him.  Now, the backroads in Carolina bring you some mighty fine sights to behold too.  

Red Dirt Girl by Emmylou Harris.  Really good album.

24 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

If Waddle was waiting there..........

And we snagged another 1st next year??

image.gif.2a44c251e45d406d081886e7d63ae30f.gif

49 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Anybody listen to the Gannon interview with Spadaro? Did he say anything interesting?

He said he was a Cowboys fan growing up. Broke his hip playing college football, hung up the cleats. Learned a lot and is influenced by Mike Zimmer. Likes to read Jocko Willink books. Likes the challenge of coaching defense in an offensive league. Jokingly says Nick Sirianni is exhaustingly competitive.

Nothing to gain from it.

14 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Red Dirt Girl by Emmylou Harris.  Really good album.

Emmylou is originally from AL and came to recording with the Laurel Canyon artists.  But yes, voice like an angel.  

7 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He said he was a Cowboys fan growing up. Broke his hip playing college football, hung up the cleats. Learned a lot and is influenced by Mike Zimmer. Likes to read Jocko Willink books. Likes the challenge of coaching defense in an offensive league. Says Nick Sirianni is exhaustingly competitive, in a joking way. 

Nothing to gain from it.

Maybe the Zimmer influence suggests we should look a little more at how the Minnesota defense is built rather than Indianapolis.

11 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He said he was a Cowboys fan growing up. Broke his hip playing college football, hung up the cleats. Learned a lot and is influenced by Mike Zimmer. Likes to read Jocko Willink books. Likes the challenge of coaching defense in an offensive league. Jokingly says Nick Sirianni is exhaustingly competitive.

Nothing to gain from it.

Great, I hate him 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Great, I hate him 

Spadaro was like, "You idiot, why would you say that!"

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Great, I hate him 

Fire Gannon

2 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Emmylou is originally from AL and came to recording with the Laurel Canyon artists.  But yes, voice like an angel.  

When you mentioned the red dirt it was the first thing I thought of, her album title.  There's a young sister duo from Sweden called First Aid Kit and Emmylou is a big influence on them.  Rather soulful for their young age and worth checking out.  There's a couple videos on YouTube where Emmylou was receiving music prize laureate and they were the musical act to honour her and they moved her to tears with one of their songs called "Emmylou".

Archived