Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason - politics belong in CVON

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

I'm guessing the Falcons take him. Jets go Wilson. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

GMs are going to have to do their background checks and lots of interviews to figure out if Zach Wilson is more Josh Allen, or Jay Cutler ..... COVID might hamper their ability to do so as fully as in other years 

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

Capture.PNG

After Pitts it’s a train wreck. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Justin Fields at 6. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Reminds me of back when they said Wentz was a genius with a photographic memory.

yeah I thought the same thing. Back in the days when wentz was a student of the game and incredibly football smart. Rather than being uncoachable, and doesnt know how to read defenses to make the right reads on 3rd downs and blitzes.

those were the days. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If I look at the Colts roster as a model, they have that group of WRs who are small or average size and faster. And then they have that group who are bigger possession types. 

Considering Reagor is in place as last years 1st round pick, it makes me feel Chase  would be the preference as that possession type that we dont have.  His main competition would be Fulgham in camp, so its clearly a need. 

Im guessing eagles lean Chase, over Smith for that reason. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah I thought the same thing. Back in the days when wentz was a student of the game and incredibly football smart. Rather than being uncoachable, and doesnt know how to read defenses to make the right reads on 3rd downs and blitzes.

those were the days. 

😂 amazing change of narrative isn’t it

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

those were the days. 

based on the recations to the above post it seems you two dont remember what reports said about Wentz in his early career vs what they said once the media, and fans turned on him. 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

😂 amazing change of narrative isn’t it

it is. It blows my mind. I cant even begin to imagine what the hell happened to make things change so drastically. 

His regression is just mind-boggling. That concussion in the Seattle playoff game must have done something to his psyche and mental acuity.

6 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If I look at the Colts roster as a model, they have that group of WRs who are small or average size and faster. And then they have that group who are bigger possession types. 

Considering Reagor is in place as last years 1st round pick, it makes me feel Chase  would be the preference as that possession type that we dont have.  His main competition would be Fulgham in camp, so its clearly a need.

Actually, they inherited Hilton. Pascal (6'2 207) was promoted from the PS, they drafted Pittman (6'4 223) and Patmon (6'4 225), Harris (5'9 175) and Dulin (6'1 215) were UDFAs stashed on the PS last year.

I expect Sirianni to try and salvage JJAW, and for the Eagles to sign a couple big UDFAs to develop on the PS. Fulgham and JJAW are the only full sized WRs on the roster. Might take another shot at Butler as a WR.

I mentioned Dyami Brown a few days ago. He’s apparently a very good blocker, something Sirianni mentioned as important.

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I mentioned Dyami Brown a few days ago. He’s apparently a very good blocker, something Sirianni mentioned as important.

My uncle coached him at West Mecklenburg HS in Charlotte, NC. Still keeps in touch with him. Helluva athlete and a weight-room junkie.

Could be a great pick in Round 3.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

My uncle coached him at West Mecklenburg HS in Charlotte, NC. Still keeps in touch with him. Helluva athlete and a weight-room junkie.

Could be a great pick in Round 3.

He’s good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

havent seen him yet.

Coxie is a known name that sorta gets slept on as a bigger WR. He blocks too.

I wonder how they will view Reagor who actively avoided blocking at all times in college. I never paid attention to what he did last year. But his blocking completely turned me off from him for a while leading up to the draft. 

Tamorrion Terry competes out there as a blocker too. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

havent seen him yet.

Coxie is a known name that sorta gets slept on as a bigger WR. He blocks too.

I’m not sure Dyami Brown is "X” sized if Pittman is what they want. I just like that Brown can win on different levels of the field, is smooth, makes contested catches. 

Caught a lot of UNC games over past few years. Brown was fun to watch.

And hey, if Hurts doesn't wow them in 2021, they'll be in a position to draft his teammate in 2022.

'Throw in the towel for Howell'

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Caught a lot of UNC games over past few years. Brown was fun to watch.

And hey, if Hurts doesn't wow them in 2021, they'll be in a position to draft his teammate in 2022.

'Throw in the towel for Howell'

OK, that's pretty good.  Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

what ever happened to Charleston Rambo? Is he in this class or is he staying for a super senior season? Havent seen any talk about him at all and I know I, and some others in the blog have liked him. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

what ever happened to Charleston Rambo? Is he in this class or is he staying for a super senior season? Havent seen any talk about him at all and I know I, and some others in the blog have liked him. 

I think he just transferred to Miami.

Tylan Wallace looks like more of a run the CB out of the play kind of WR rather than a blocker. Though, his style otherwise does not shy from contact. It may be more by design of the offense/coach not asking the WRs to block.

When you go back to the 2019 stuff, theres a noticeable difference in speed that he used to have pre-ACL that was just lacking this year. 

I think he can be an absolute steal. But hes very much in the mold of Reagor which is sure to turn a lot of people off at this point. 

1 minute ago, schuy7 said:

what an idiot. Ive been waiting to draft him in 2 drafts now and he refuses to come out. Is he scared of the NFL?

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Tylan Wallace looks like more of a run the CB out of the play kind of WR rather than a blocker. Though, his style otherwise does not shy from contact. It may be more by design of the offense/coach not asking the WRs to block.

When you go back to the 2019 stuff, theres a noticeable difference in speed that he used to have pre-ACL that was just lacking this year. 

I think he can be an absolute steal. But hes very much in the mold of Reagor which is sure to turn a lot of people off at this point. 

what an idiot. Ive been waiting to draft him in 2 drafts now and he refuses to come out. Is he scared of the NFL?

I'm all for the mold of Reagor.  After the rookie year, just not Reagor.

34 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He did just transferred to Miami. He still only 21 years old he doesn’t turn 22 until August 10. So even when he comes out next year he’s going to be 22 and turn 23 a month before the season starts. I was one of the people who liked him as of late round pick. The kid has speed. However he only weighs 175 at 6 foot one. If you could somehow put on another 10  pounds and produce at Miami I like him to be still a middle to late round pick