EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Anybody listen to the Gannon interview with Spadaro? Did he say anything interesting?

I think we’d get more insight and truth from Dumblebear discussing world economics.  

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Maybe the Zimmer influence suggests we should look a little more at how the Minnesota defense is built rather than Indianapolis.

That’s what Caplan has been saying but then in the same breath he says it will be a two gapping/Cover 3 defense so I don’t think he knows what the hell he’s talking about. 

1 minute ago, hputenis said:

I think we’d get more insight and truth from Dumblebear discussing world economics.  

If I want to lose brain cells I’d rather huff keyboard cleaner with Dumblebear 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That’s what Caplan has been saying but then in the same breath he says it will be a two gapping/Cover 3 defense so I don’t think he knows what the hell he’s talking about. 

Caplan likes to cover his bases so that down the road he can say ''remember we reported this months ago.''

8 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Spadaro was like, "You idiot, why would you say that!"

Fire Gannon

He’s from Ohio too, not even Texas. Ugh. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s from Ohio too, not even Texas. Ugh. 

Yeah, he admitted to being a bandwagon fan at the time. He rooted for Michigan as well.

2 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Yeah, he admitted to being a bandwagon fan at the time. He rooted for Michigan as well.

You’re not making this better...

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

You’re not making this better...

He also eats puppies.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Damn, who bribed Daniel Jeremiah into baiting Howie Roseman? That's fishing with dynamite.

6 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He also eats puppies.

This made me laugh my ass off. Well done. 

But if he’s a Lakers or a Yankees fan, I seriously do want him fired.  "Those people” are the worst. 

49 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

He said he was a Cowboys fan growing up. Broke his hip playing college football, hung up the cleats. Learned a lot and is influenced by Mike Zimmer. Likes to read Jocko Willink books. Likes the challenge of coaching defense in an offensive league. Jokingly says Nick Sirianni is exhaustingly competitive.

Nothing to gain from it.

But did he talk about systems?

46 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Emmylou is originally from AL and came to recording with the Laurel Canyon artists.  But yes, voice like an angel.  

Actually, she started out with Gram Parsons (Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers), check out The Return of the Grievous Angel, some beautiful duets with Emmylou.

16 minutes ago, hputenis said:

This made me laugh my ass off. Well done. 

But if he’s a Lakers or a Yankees fan, I seriously do want him fired.  "Those people” are the worst. 

Someone who is a Cowgirls, Yankmee and Laker fan should be snapped out of existence a la Thanos.  He had a good plan, but his execution of randomly snapping people out of existence was piss poor considering there's people like this walking around and breathing our air. 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Have you been to San Marcos recently?  My sister retired to Canyon Lake in Coval County. So when I travel, I go through there fairly often (although it has been almost 3/4 of a year because of the pandemic).  I35 from north of Austin all the way down through San Antonio seems as populated as north Jersey.  Getting expensive to buy property there. I remember when Gruene was pretty much just the Dance Hall.  Now it is surrounded by subdivisions. The quaint river camps and vacation homes are surrounded by hotels on the Guadalupe.  Fortunately a lot of the buildup is close to the I35 corridor. 

I think that buildup is for the outlet malls (that probably took a hit during the pandemic).

Go west a few miles and you have traditional Texas ranch house cul-de-sacs, Wife doesn't like anything built after the 1970s, she's been in Texas real estate and hates the crap builders put up, pretty facades with lousy construction.

57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Seems like a poor bet to me. He's a great athlete, but a QB or OT by position alone has got to be the favorite. QBs don't even need to be that good to make it into the HOF. As long as you stay healthy and are a good starter, you can put up big numbers and make it in. Top end OTs have a relatively high conversion rate into being good pros, and the good ones tend to play a looooong time and make a lot of pro bowls.

TE's need to be special to even have a chance. And while he might end up at WR, betting on a guy to switch positions and still be a HOFer just isn't playing the odds.

21 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Not even a little

27 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

He saw our LB core and decided to run a 6-1 full time.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Well, that settles it.  We’d be stupid not to take a Gold Jacket Pitts at #6

46 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Actually, she started out with Gram Parsons (Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers), check out The Return of the Grievous Angel, some beautiful duets with Emmylou.

She helped steal Gram’s body. 

45 minutes ago, austinfan said:

I think that buildup is for the outlet malls (that probably took a hit during the pandemic).

Go west a few miles and you have traditional Texas ranch house cul-de-sacs, Wife doesn't like anything built after the 1970s, she's been in Texas real estate and hates the crap builders put up, pretty facades with lousy construction.

Wimberly and Driftwood, starting point for the Hill Country wineries.   Get far enough west and at night you can lay out beneath the stars and watch the shooting stars, satellites fly by and marvel at the visible spiral that is the Milky Way. 

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Seems like a poor bet to me. He's a great athlete, but a QB or OT by position alone has got to be the favorite. QBs don't even need to be that good to make it into the HOF. As long as you stay healthy and are a good starter, you can put up big numbers and make it in. Top end OTs have a relatively high conversion rate into being good pros, and the good ones tend to play a looooong time and make a lot of pro bowls.

TE's need to be special to even have a chance. And while he might end up at WR, betting on a guy to switch positions and still be a HOFer just isn't playing the odds.

Pitts is amazing no matter where he lines up

If we don't go QB and he's there, he needs to be the pick. We're gonna have a lot of people mad when that happens and fortunately every single upset person will realize how absurd it was to be upset about 2 games into his rookie season.

18 minutes ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Pitts is amazing no matter where he lines up

If we don't go QB and he's there, he needs to be the pick. We're gonna have a lot of people mad when that happens and fortunately every single upset person will realize how absurd it was to be upset about 2 games into his rookie season.

image.gif.c66472075305f394d8f398426e1cd1d2.gif

7 hours ago, ManuManu said:

BS take! He just missed the whole effin season! And I was not impressed by his huge fake numbers before either, they were losing.

How anyone could think a massive contract for Dak isn't a terrible idea is beyond me.

#Raiders are finalizing a deal that would send OT Trent Brown back to the #Patriots, per

. Brown reworked his deal, agreeing to a new 1-year contract. Brown left New England in 2019 to sign a 4-year, $66M deal. Now he’s set to return.

15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Huh?   We really do want what?  Lurie wants to roll with Hurts.  Doesn’t matter what We want.  

The point is the Lurie stuff could be a smoke screen so that nobody trades up ahead of us since we don't "want" a quarterback

Archived