EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

My three wishes for the near future:

1.  Howie and Doug didn’t get Lurie’s permission to tank that game, and Lurie is so enraged he will do an about-face and fire some people (Howie and Doug)

2.  Al Michaels will never broadcast another Eagles game

3.  Whoever the coaching staff/GM is going into next season will look at these last 4 games and realize "this Hurts fella — nope”

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL can’t do much about this...but I do believe they’ll be pissed.

The one thing they can do...and not that many of us care...don’t expect many prime time games in 2021.

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He wasn’t actually.  He got picked up by someone else.  Don’t remember who.  

My bad. Thought he was still at home and checking in "virtually”. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

My three wishes for the near future:

1.  Howie and Doug didn’t get Lurie’s permission to tank that game, and Lurie is so enraged he will do an about-face and fire some people (Howie and Doug)

2.  Al Michaels will never broadcast another Eagles game

3.  Whoever the coaching staff/GM is going into next season will look at these last 4 games and realize "this Hurts fella — nope”

Why are you limited it to just Al Michaels?

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

The one thing they can do...and not that many of us care...don’t expect many prime time games in 2021.

Good. I hate prime time games. I was pissed this game was moved. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Why are you limited it to just Al Michaels?

Oh, I despise Collinsworth more — but he won’t retire and that network loves him.

You know what’s sad? 

For all the injuries, fake injuries, inactives, qb substitutions, and overall tanking...look at the bottom line, score, and flow of the game.

Were the Eagles any worse in any aspect of the game tonight than they were at their best and healthiest all season long?  

A belated comment regarding Schwartz...

Jim Johnson had Troy, Bobby, Al Harris, Lito, Sheldon, and Asante while here. From Schwartz' tenure, only Slay belongs in that group.  And only for one year.

JJ also had Dawkins for his entire tenure, plus Michael Lewis and Q both made it to the Probowl.  Only Jenkins was of that caliber.  He and Slay weren't here at the same time.

He did a very good job here with the secondary he had.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Jim Johnson had Troy, Bobby, Al Harris, Lito, Sheldon, and Asante while here. From Schwartz' tenure, only Slay belongs in that group.  And only for one year.

JJ also had Dawkins for his entire tenure, plus Michael Lewis and Q both made it to the Probowl.  Only Jenkins was of that caliber.  He and Slay weren't here at the same time.

Is there a reason you haven't closed the other thread?

You know what’s sad? 

For all the injuries, fake injuries, inactives, qb substitutions, and overall tanking...look at the bottom line, score, and flow of the game.

Were the Eagles any worse in any aspect of the game tonight than they were at their best and healthiest all season long?  

Run defense.

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Is there a reason you haven't closed the other thread?

Is there any hurry?  Thought I'd give an hour or so for any more game comments over there.

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

But his system does not seem friendly for the cbs. How come Jones and Douglas played better for their teams?How come Darby is ranked at number 8 out of 126 cbs? His soft coverages and having the cbs play 10 yards off the ball on a third and 4 all contributed to the secondary not playing well.

5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

if eagles have ALL 1pm/10am (west coast) games next season, good.  eff late schedule/prime time games.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Is there any hurry?  Thought I'd give an hour or so for any game more comments over there.

Was just curious

2 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

He was average in every sense of the word. Player development way below average. 

23 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Doug said he was coaching to win and it was his decision to put Sudfeld in

LOL what?

Coaching to win the 6th pick!

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

I don’t think Doug putting in Suds was as disgraceful as everyone seems to be making of it but if it gets him fired, I’ll be a follower 

I think Schwartz deserves credit for churning out above average defenses with unspectacular talent.  But I also think he ruined cbs.

Jones and Douglas looked like salvageable players after leaving here.  

Maddox came in cold as a rookie, looked great, and regressed every year with Schwartz.

Darby was nearly the rookie DPOY, comes here, has one good year, regresses every year after that, and then has a big year in DC.

Slay just had the worst, most vulnerable year of his career here.

Schwartz’ scheme is where cbs go to die.

Sad as for years eagles had so many good corners.

I blame who ever invented sconces😠

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I don’t think Doug putting in Suds was as disgraceful as everyone seems to be making of it but if it gets I’m fired, I’ll be a follower 

I just love the Giants fans and the Giants players are pissed off. Like F you win more than six games and then you could come on here and start ranting and raving. Legitimately if you won seven games you control your own destiny and made the playoffs. Yeah you manage to not be able to even get to 500 and are ****ing like you should be in the playoffs

Archived