EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

25 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d go Sewell if i were the dolphins. Unless they trade back. I think that’s a big option. 

I’m guessing he is likely here until the end of training camp 

They could trade back I guess and there may be a team willing to move up to get Sewell or perhaps a QB (depending on what NY do at #2) but I think they'd be best going with Sewell.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure fitz is retiring. He never made it out of the philly airport 

42 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

You gotta start somewhere lol.

honestly his 30 yard reception was great. Of course he only makes it when the game means nothing. 

I'm curious to see All-22 on this play.  Looked like he had plenty of green in front of him, yet Hurts decided to throw into bracket coverage and almost get his WR killed.

5 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I'm curious to see All-22 on this play.  Looked like he had plenty of green in front of him, yet Hurts decided to throw into bracket coverage and almost get his WR killed.

I don’t even know if i wanna watch the all 22 of this game. There’s going to be so many plays with guys just blowing past ertz who gives a terrible block or pryor deteriorating at the end of this game. Or the entire 4th quarter with sudfeld 

5 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The NFL can’t do much about this...but I do believe they’ll be pissed.

The one thing they can do...and not that many of us care...don’t expect many prime time games in 2021.

Please let this be true. 

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

I really do think they were trying to do Sudfeld a favor for being a ‘good soldier’ for the past 3 years — and I don’t believe that Doug actually understands anything 

Fyp

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

The next big shoe to drop:

We find out in a couple days if Howie's role changes.

If not, the offseason is ruined like about to F a hot girl who tells you right before she has gonorrhea.

A hot girl with gonorrhea can at least show you her boobs. Howie is completely flat chested here. 

The bad news.  Last Place in one of the worst years for a Division in NFL History.   Good News, we've turned it around from last place to a Super Bowl before.  Everyone get healthy, lets bring in some more talent young and old.   Enjoy you're off season and Thank You to Everyone for playing during the Pandemic even though it was a bad season.  

40 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

The bad news.  Last Place in one of the worst years for a Division in NFL History.   Good News, we've turned it around from last place to a Super Bowl before.  Everyone get healthy, lets bring in some more talent young and old.   Enjoy you're off season and Thank You to Everyone for playing during the Pandemic even though it was a bad season.  

70 million over the cap, we won't be bringing in any old talent. In fact we'll be getting rid of some talent

Although I gotta say getting rid of some will be addition by subtraction

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Good. I hate prime time games. I was pissed this game was moved. 

yup

6 hours ago, eagle45 said:

You know what’s sad? 

For all the injuries, fake injuries, inactives, qb substitutions, and overall tanking...look at the bottom line, score, and flow of the game.

Were the Eagles any worse in any aspect of the game tonight than they were at their best and healthiest all season long?  

Yes

Think about this...Could the switch to Sudfeld be Doug's final FU to the front office?  I can't imagine that they want all of the questions circulating right now.

5 hours ago, Allhaildawk said:

I think he’s back. I also think he is underrated by this fanbase and people will realize how good he is once he’s gone and missed

Ummmm, I've never seen any fan say anything bad about Kelce. He's a fan favorite

5 hours ago, Casey @ Bat said:

He’s not overly impressive throwing the ball 

Big surprise!  That's the college book on him.  Its a good thing that he's a damn good RB or we'd get shut out alot.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Think about this...Could the switch to Sudfeld be Doug's final FU to the front office?  I can't imagine that they want all of the questions circulating right now.

More like Doug doing Doug

2 minutes ago, greend said:

More like Doug doing Doug

Either way, it is enough to move on.

4 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

I'm going to speak Chase into existence up until the draft(until we pass on him)

but in all seriousness, I don't think Miami goes WR a #3. A WR hasn't been taken in the top 3 since Calvin Johnson and the nearest after that was AJ Green at #4.

The bigger threat is Cinci at #5, but they have Boyd and Higgins, and they have bigger needs. They might be a threat to pair Burrow with his college teammate, but we could easily jump them if we need to and Cinci could also trade their pick for someone wanting a QB.

WRs typically don't go top 5, I think chances are good he's there.

I actually think the chances are more likely the Eagles pass on him than Chase or Smith not being there.

Who knows when Burrow is going to be back on the field.  He had surgery in early December with at least 9 months recovery for ACL/MCL.  Like you said, they have Higgins/Boyd along with Joe Mixon running the ball.  They would be wise to protect their investments.

Hurts' stats this year would have gotten him benched even back before the forward pass was invented (*sarcasm*).  People are putting too much into Suds going in.  Once again, so many of you are blinded by Hurts using his legs and not seeing that he was beyond terrible as a QB in every appearance this year.  Worse than Wentz was.

3 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Hurts' stats this year would have gotten him benched even back before the forward pass was invented (*sarcasm*).  People are putting too much into Suds going in.  Once again, so many of you are blinded by Hurts using his legs and not seeing that he was beyond terrible as a QB in every appearance this year.  Worse than Wentz was.

Boy, you are going to get canceled 'round here for thoughts like that one. 

8 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Boy, you are going to get canceled 'round here for thoughts like that one. 

I think after the Dallas game and going 7-20 for 71 yards yesterday while missing a few throws the Hurts love bunnies are moving off their crush a bit.  There will be a few "Yeah  buy Wentz...." responses of course.

20 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

He was good against Arizona. 

5 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Give me an f’ing break. Chiefs rested all starters and not a peep. Eagles did the same thing in Week 17 2017 and not peep. Now it’s da integrityz of da gamez

People are overanalyzing though yes the 4th QTR was funny.   We did not play several starters this game.  Pittsburg did not play Big Ben.   This is what happens in week 17 when a team is out of it or they locked up a spot and are resting starters.  Young players play.   I blame the NFL for flexing the game.  It should of been at 1:00 like it previously was schedule.   Also Gmen shouldn't be upset.  6 wins should NEVER be enough to get into the playoffs.   Gmen started the season 1-7 and have had only 4 winning records in the last 11 seasons.  Seahawks and Carolina got in with 7 wins in the past like Washington.  

Regarding the comments. Why do they care? We suck and chose to rest some players and play others. Not our fault that the Giants suck just a bit less than us.

F the giants. Maybe next year don’t win 6 games and expect help from a division rival. They would have gotten smoked round 1 anyway, they can’t run the ball and Jones is a joke. 

The Dolphins won 10 games and didn’t get in....seriously, nobody gives a F about the Giants. 

35 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

7 for 20... 72 yards... 1 INT

5 for 12... 32 yards... 1 INT

Not much difference in terms of passing.

6 hours ago, BigEFly said:

The Eagles did exactly what I wanted and played the game like a PS game.  All that and WTF (thanks @Desertbirds) only won by six points.  

What did we learn? Williams is a decent depth DT.  Despite all you Boston Scott haters, he is a solid rotation RB as the skatback.  Corey gave it all in what may be his last game.  There may be some use for JJAW.  He is a tremendous blocker as a WR.  Hback should be his role.  Hightower and Watkins still have some work to do.  Singleton and Edwards offer depth at LB as does Smith potentially.  I liked what I saw from Smith. Hargrave and Slay were good pickups.  Ostman is a JAG. Malik Jackson outplayed by McGill, a JAG. Bye.  Huntley was risked by being cut for a reason. Epps sticks as a backup S.  Need to see the all 22 film on Wallace but Arnold may have outplayed him.  Ouch.  Sudfeld was a mirage.  

Eagles preserved a draft level status, screwed the NFC team that needs a QB, although I would argue that Dallas needs one.  Dallas really didn’t gain much by losing but we do have their fifth and the gints lost ground and we didn’t help them into the playoffs, double win. 

I imagine in two days, Lurie’s conversations go like this:

Howie; how do you relieve this cap hell without costing me millions in sunk costs?  You have two minutes.  Next, your draft decisions are questionable.  I would like to speak with Weidl to determine who should be making those decisions.  Why shouldn’t I slide you aside and hire a solid GM. What does your draft board look like at this point?

Doug;  your offense by committee approach failed.  Who will be your playcalling OC. Sitting and preserving Carson was smart but how do you fix him and Hurts?  Press and Marty have to go. Make a case for every other O coach except Sout.  Your DC is leaving. Who is his replacement?  I want to interview him separately. 

Both; these Blog characters have me intrigued. I am already considering adding Tommy Lawlor to be the voice for the scouting group.  On First Pick, BigEFly filled all the holes with a couple of trades. How can you do better? Otherwise he leads the drafting  I am leaning on appointing E45 as the negative view on the team and AFan as the eternal optimist.  Between the two I should get a balanced view of everyone and if they both agree, that means either great things ahead for that individual or goodbye. HE will be Barnett’s offseason guide and greend will be my Yup man.  Anything JR and Stout want, they get. And when BigEFly and Igglesphan agree, draft that f’in player. 

We agree on a lot of this... Boston Scott is where we will differ.  He was not good last night.  He was what he normally is - a jag.  He never should have been the #2 RB going into the season, and if he's the #2 RB going into the season again next year.... just shoot me.   

But, you and I should definitely figure out the draft this year and fix this team.   

I will also agree that Slay and Hargrave are good players.  However, they were not good moves for this team, where this team was.  Hargrave was an expensive luxury at a position that already had a ton of capital invested, and frankly, this team has been able to find decent rotational DTs in the past.   That money would have been better spent elsewhere... like maybe a healthy, NFL caliber WR.  

Slay is also a good player... but paying both draft capital and cap space for him makes zero sense on a team that sucks at drafting and everybody knew was going to be in a cap crunch for 2021.  Again, better to just spend ONE form of asset per position, either draft picks or money.  Sadly, Howie isn't good at drafting CBs... so that left only the money route.  Bradberry was likely to follow his coach to NY, rather than sign with a team he had no connection to, but did they even make the call?  There was no smoke about that move at all.  

Oh well... at least we know that Jeffery will bring Howie and Doug back to fix the problems they've created.  :blink:

Archived