EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

Honestly, if Hurts is our starting quarterback next year I'm out for a season. It's hard enough to swallow that Doug and Howie will be back. 

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He was good against Arizona. 

Define good?  He fumbled 3 times, had an intentional grounding causing a safety, and they capitalized off some turnovers by the D.  Outside of that he got some garbage yards through the air in the second half.

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Honestly, if Hurts is our starting quarterback next year I'm out for a season. It's hard enough to swallow that Doug and Howie will be back. 

You'll watch every game and you know it. 

😎

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Don’t worry Greend ... Doug said yesterday he’s gonna start calling plays to the Quarterback’s strengths. 

* yes I’m still amazed at that comment 

11 minutes ago, greend said:

Good

2 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Define good?  He fumbled 3 times, had an intentional grounding causing a safety, and they capitalized off some turnovers by the D.  Outside of that he got some garbage yards through the air in the second half.

His stats looked good. As did Kyler Murray’s who won player of the week besides keeping both teams in the game. 

9 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

His stats looked good. As did Kyler Murray’s who won player of the week besides keeping both teams in the game. 

This is the problem with this fantasy football era.  Anyone with eye balls could see that both QB's were floundering in that game.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man I would feel so much better if both Howie and Doug were fired or re-assigned tomorrow.  It would actually be exciting.  Prospects of a new beginning.   

Same. Instead Lurie is gonna drag his feet and "meet" with them. Just fire them both already and be done with it. 

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Man I would feel so much better if both Howie and Doug were fired or re-assigned tomorrow.  It would actually be exciting.  Prospects of a new beginning.   

I think any form of help or reassignment via babysitters is worse than not getting fired.

It’s hard to move forward as an organization with people who can’t do their job.  I’d rather they continue to be exposed until they are fired.

37 minutes ago, greend said:

Regarding the comments. Why do they care? We suck and chose to rest some players and play others. Not our fault that the Giants suck just a bit less than us.

I get Gmen fans are disappointed but the entitlement is what I have a problem with.   With all the teams resting starters please stop talking about "Integrity of the game".  I think people knew once Suds was put in it was probably over.  Jalen was still putting up points on the ground.  He could of very well scored again who knows.   The Giants should not have rested their hopes on a 4-10-1 team.   Again the NFL is at fault, the game should not have been flexed.  But all this "Integrity" talk is B.S.   Miami would of loved for Pittsburg Starters to be playing and now their home from the Playoffs with 10 wins.   

2 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

I get Gmen fans are disappointed but the entitlement is what I have a problem with.   With all the teams resting starters please stop talking about "Integrity of the game".  I think people knew once Suds was put in it was probably over.  Jalen was still putting up points on the ground.  He could of very well scored again who knows.   The Giants should not have rested their hopes on a 4-10-1 team.   Again the NFL is at fault, the game should not have been flexed.  But all this "Integrity" talk is B.S.   Miami would of loved for Pittsburg Starters to be playing and now their home from the Playoffs with 10 wins.   

Please define ‘still putting up points’

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I hear ya but don't hold your breath

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

this is dead on.  I love all the talk, it should make eagles-giants more interesting next year

1 minute ago, KINGnabb said:

Exactly...  Didn't Pittsburgh 'tank' in a game with playoff implications on the line?  Cleveland loses, and they are out, Dolphins are in.   Granted, Dolphins were in a much better spot than the Giants... Dolphins were in a 'Win and In" situation... Giants were in a "Win and Wish" spot.   Moral of the story... don't drop a pass that seals the deal on a victory... Evan Engram lost the division for the Giants by tanking a play in Week 8 or 9.  lol   He should be the one they are upset at.

But, truthfully, the Giants missing the playoffs might be the best thing for them.  They are saved half a dozen or more slots in draft position.   But, they are moving in the right direction, all except their QB.

35 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Garbage yards in a one-score game? 

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

In the 2nd half... the points have been 6, 7, 0, 0.  Not exactly stellar.    Doug could have (likely should have) gone with the FG in the red zone late in the 3rd quarter.  But, that's a tie, and still not good enough for the Giants.  A tie for the WashingTeam still puts them in the playoffs.   But, this team did NOT move the ball at all in the second half... not with Hurts or with Suds.   

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ertz is a fake.   Guy sits on the field after the game sulking and shaking his head.  Yet he exhibited little heart this season and no heart this game.  You watch the tape, Zach Ertz quit on a lot of plays.   

Nah ... guy had a bad year like 90% of the team. No heart is flat out wrong. Not in the mood to debate it either. He’s been a great Eagle and I’ll leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

My point was Jalen was getting in the endzone with his legs.   There's no telling what would of happen if he finished.  Suds was put in with a whole quarter left.  We obviously had a better shot to win the game with Jalen.   But having a backup play in week 17 is not odd at all.  It happens every week 17.    Either if you're going to the playoffs or your a losing team looking at future players.  

5 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Nah ... guy had a bad year like 90% of the team. No heart is flat out wrong. Not in the mood to debate it either. He’s been a great Eagle and I’ll leave it at that. 

He’s supposed to be a veteran leader. Players like bg, Cox, lane, kelce, ward (minus as a pr), mills and sem came every game and gave it their all. The young kids came in with fire and played their hearts out. You can’t say that about ertz or alshon. 

22 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ertz is a fake.   Guy sits on the field after the game sulking and shaking his head.  Yet he exhibited little heart this season and no heart this game.  You watch the tape, Zach Ertz quit on a lot of plays.   

agree

51 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Don’t worry Greend ... Doug said yesterday he’s gonna start calling plays to the Quarterback’s strengths. 

* yes I’m still amazed at that comment 

:roll: thats flippin awesome and yet wondersome. How in the world did this guy win a Superbowl with that type of ineptitude?

Suffice to say unless he actually starts learning, he will never win another one as HC of any team.

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That sounds like, "and this discussion is over”!   Rather silly TBH.  I have a suggestion.  If you’re not in the mood to debate someone, don’t quote them with an opposing view.  

No one is saying he hasn’t been a great Eagle.  I said he played with little heart this year and no heart last night.  The guy is a little on the dramatic side.   

Yup!  In life, body language accounts for how much of the truth/conversation?  You can't watch him this year and come away saying 'he tried his little heart out'.  There wasn't even any fake it till you make it, which supposedly Wentz did the past 4 weeks.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How long are you out of "likes” when you run out?   Last night was my first time ever.   

you'll get a few back after 24 hours of your first like yesterday

14 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

We're generally on the same page about a lot of stuff on here but this take is 100% wrong.  90% of the team may have had a bad year but those other 90% were busting it trying to get things done...they just don't have the skillset/awareness/experience to be good yet.  This team didn't mail it in, they are just a bad team.

Ertz, while he isn't a top 5 tight end (despite his salary requests) is still one of the top 5 Eagles.   

Ertz could have done 2 things this year. 

-Know it's his last year in Philly, play his heart out for the city that loves him and a team he won a SB with.  Go out on a high note, increase your trade value so a team is willing to trade for you and give you the money you want.  

-OR-

-Know that you aren't getting the deal you want here, pout about it and then put in minimal effort for the majority of the season.  

This right here is not not playing with heart or care for the outcome.  Don't ask me what Pryor is doing either.

You're right.  He's been a great Eagle.  

Archived