20-20 Hindsight

Procus

In the afterglow of the SB victory, supposing instead of some of the boneheaded front office moves:  The Eagles trade Carson Wentz for a kings ransom instead of extending him, keeps Nick Foles on the roster for a reasonable salary, calls a timeout in New Orleans at 4th and 1 when the Saints are punting and everyone and his mother knew it would be a fake, the team never trades a 3rd for Golden Tate, never trades a 4th for Generd Avery, drafts Justin Jefferson, never extends Alshon Jeffery - could go on and on

But oh how that Wentz extension turned the fortunes of this organization on its heels.  If Howie had struck at the right time and moved Wentz instead of extending him, the future for the Eagles could have been very bright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or who knows, maybe just having kept Torrey Smith instead of trying to "upgrade" to Mike Wallace may have been the difference in our bid to repeat as champs in the 2018 season.

• Like 4

Oh well the Eagles are stuck with a fragile malcontent of a quarterback who’s never won a playoff game, but has numerous fanboys acting like he’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to the organization. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you’re paying Wentz all that money you had better be sure he is your guy, no questions.  But then you spend a 2nd rd pick on a QB just months later??  That indicates you have plenty of questions about Wentz being your guy.  So why pay him??   Just another example on a super long list of roster mismanagement by our boy wonder GM.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Procus said:

In the afterglow of the SB victory, supposing instead of some of the boneheaded front office moves:  The Eagles trade Carson Wentz for a kings ransom instead of extending him, keeps Nick Foles on the roster for a reasonable salary, calls a timeout in New Orleans at 4th and 1 when the Saints are punting and everyone and his mother knew it would be a fake, the team never trades a 3rd for Golden Tate, never trades a 4th for Generd Avery, drafts Justin Jefferson, never extends Alshon Jeffery - could go on and on

But oh how that Wentz extension turned the fortunes of this organization on its heels.  If Howie had struck at the right time and moved Wentz instead of extending him, the future for the Eagles could have been very bright.

Sure.  Foles has torn it up elsewhere... or even tore it up here in 2018...

Eagles had their starting D on the field for that 4th down, which is the play that Cox hurt his ankle.

So, the future could be really bright if everything is different, or not that different at all, as the guy who made all those decisions remains in his job.

Foles would have incurred a season ending injury before week 8, 2018 in that scenario 

18 hours ago, Procus said:

These are to painful for me because I have been saying all off season in 2018 to trade Carson for 3 firsts (maybe or 2 at best) and keep foles cus the dude was going to be cheaper. He was a better fit for our locker room.

You all thought I was crazy..

I still am..

but Crazy people are right sometimes.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Oh well the Eagles are stuck with a fragile malcontent of a quarterback who’s never won a playoff game, but has numerous fanboys acting like he’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened to the organization. 🤷‍♂️

Did you see the article that Howie has a life size cut out poster of Wentz on his wall?? He is the fanboy we should be the most concerned with

• Like 3

JJAW over DK

Reagor over Jefferson

trading up for Dillard

Hurts over Chinn or Dobbins effectively destroying Wentz

getting jumped by 1 for Easton Stick then picking the bum from Northwestern 

Getting little out of Barnett and Sidney Jones 

Picking practically no quality LB’s or CB’s over past 3 years.  Forced to trade for Slay and plug in UDFA’s at LB

letting Agholor and Jenkins walk, both who performed significantly better than who we replaced them with.  

Spending a fortune on #2 DT’s in free agent, all of whom have been mediocre.  

Literally picking the only useless RB in the entire 2017 draft in Pumphrey. 

hard to believe this man still has a job.  I don’t think he could’ve done a worse job honestly. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RUEagle said:

JJAW over DK

Reagor over Jefferson

trading up for Dillard

Picking practically no quality LB’s or CB’s over past 3 years.  Forced to trade for Slay and plug in UDFA’s at LB

letting Agholor and Jenkins walk, both who performed significantly better than who we replaced them with.  

hard to believe this man still has a job.  I don’t think he could’ve done a worse job honestly. 

Right?!? And I'll add a few more to the list

Giving up on Douglas who is playing well in Carolina

Trading a 4th-round pick for Avery

Trading a 3rd-round pick for Tate simply to add a second slot WR to the team (this feels like it was an effort to really show how smart he was by getting the comp pick the next season -- but it was still dumb)

I'll go back to the Hurts pick...there were soooo many other good players on the board at that time as well.

Back-to-back drafts with only five selections each -- easily the lowest total in the NFL

And the cherry on top?........"QUARTERBACK FACTORY!!!!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUEagle said:

JJAW over DK

Reagor over Jefferson

trading up for Dillard

He's been given bad information from the countless number of future GMs surrounding him.  Howie is just a consensus builder.

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you see the article that Howie has a life size cut out poster of Wentz on his wall?? He is the fanboy we should be the most concerned with

I did see that, but an even bigger issue is the fact Lurie is such a fanboy of Howie! How does a GM survive 4 coaching changes? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I did see that, but an even bigger issue is the fact Lurie is such a fanboy of Howie! How does a GM survive 4 coaching changes? 

No clue friend that's why when people ask me who I want as a coach o say I really don't give a sheet it doesn't matter

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No clue friend that's why when people ask me who I want as a coach o say I really don't give a sheet it doesn't matter

I agree. Like I wrote in the poll post. It will be the 6th or 7th option anyway. I hope whoever gets the job can continue to make lemonade out of the constant dosage of lemons given to them by Howie. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I agree. Like I wrote in the poll post. It will be the 6th or 7th option anyway. I hope whoever gets the job can continue to make lemonade out of the constant dosage of lemons given to them by Howie. 

You and I have talked a lot, I was just thinking before this season started I was a Wentz fanboy a Howie fanboy and a Doug Pederson fanboy and you knew that I admitted to it. Now? Hate all of them.

I'm still not sure if my hatred for Doug is warranted yet. Since they have also reported that Wentz refused to run the plays Doug called in and changed his plays all the time. If that's true? I want Wentz gone now. I was hoping for a turn around with Wentz of he was going to stay but, I don't even want that anymore. It's all very disappointing and sad. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you actually SEE the poster?  I did.  Let's just say that Jeff McLane has been known to exaggerate.

8 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Foles would have incurred a season ending injury before week 8, 2018 in that scenario 

These comments about Foles are correct.  My comment - so what?  If the Eagles chose Foles instead of Wentz, the team wouldn't be in cap hell right now.  Easy exit strategy with Foles.  Nearly impossible with Wentz.

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You and I have talked a lot, I was just thinking before this season started I was a Wentz fanboy a Howie fanboy and a Doug Pederson fanboy and you knew that I admitted to it. Now? Hate all of them.

I'm still not sure if my hatred for Doug is warranted yet. Since they have also reported that Wentz refused to run the plays Doug called in and changed his plays all the time. If that's true? I want Wentz gone now. I was hoping for a turn around with Wentz of he was going to stay but, I don't even want that anymore. It's all very disappointing and sad. 

I was a big fan of all three two, and it's probably why I'm jaded by the whole situation now. I recall back to the first rumors that came out about Wentz, (back then I wasn't fully off the Wentz wagon, but I didn't have concerns ) and I recalled how they said a half of dozen players spoke, but they didn't want to go on record because they feared reprisal. Now you hear the GM has a poster of Wentz in his office. I could absolutely see why those players would think that way. Since that moment it seems anyone (other than Jeffery) who might be a threat to Wentz is gone. Feels like Doug was the odd man out here as Howie is too enamored with Wentz and Lurie is too enamored with Howie. Where does the next coach even fit in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Where does the next coach even fit in?

He doesn't, it's fix Wentz and figure out how to scheme for games with garbage and then maybe we will let you have say on a 7th round pick 

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Did you actually SEE the poster?  I did.  Let's just say that Jeff McLane has been known to exaggerate.

No I didn't see it but, the gm shouldn't have a picture or poster of any one player at all. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He doesn't, it's fix Wentz and figure out how to scheme for games with garbage and then maybe we will let you have say on a 7th round pick 

Feels like we are in for some dark winters.

• Like 1

I mean... Sure with hindsight. I think at the time the team made the right decision to move on from Foles and continue with Wentz as their guy. With hindsight maybe that was a bad choice but it's not like Foles has lit up the league. The only difference would be that we aren't tied in to a huge QB contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No I didn't see it but, the gm shouldn't have a picture or poster of any one player at all. 

Here's the poster.  Have you now learned that you can't believe the drivel that McLane writes?  He's a drama queen.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Procus said:

Here's the poster.  Have you now learned that you can't believe the drivel that McLane writes?  He's a drama queen.

I don't really care about any media Garbage