20-20 Hindsight

Procus

26 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Well you don't like any comparisons to other QBs where there was a QB drafted high and it didn't affect the starter like Aaron Rodgers and they drafted a 1st round QB.  He was pissed, but he balled out and is playing in the NFCCG.  McNabb had a 2nd round QB drafted in Kolb and was even benched for Kolb mid-season, and then bounced back and went to the NFCCG.  QBs lose their jobs to backups, it happens.

I think Carson's issues stem from Reich and Flip leaving which were his accountability but also he was younger and learning the NFL.  Then his injury made him (like many players) a little more hesitant in his return from injury.  Seeing Foles win the SB and MVP and players having a shrine to Foles in the locker room.  Getting hurt again in 2018 and seeing Foles win a playoff game.  He finally finished the season healthy in 2019 and - to his credit - played well despite many injuries and throwing to scrub WRs plucked from the practice squad.  The team also gave him a $100 million contract extension putting faith in him before he even had a complete healthy season.

So all that happened before Hurts.  I agree it can be a factor, but it can also be a factor to motivate you to work harder.  Again, other QBs have had backups drafted and responded by playing well.  

The reason I don't like the comparison to Rodgers is because he didn't miss playoff games 3 years in a row due to injury, he hasn't been inconsistent the last few years. 

8 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

The reason I don't like the comparison to Rodgers is because he didn't miss playoff games 3 years in a row due to injury, he hasn't been inconsistent the last few years. 

Ok.  Well, Carson has a bunch of problems and not all of it are his own doing either but any player with injury history and poor performance should respond by playing better and accepting coaching and step it up or be replaced that's how it goes.  Happens to a lot of players.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Come on man, you're better than this. The Eagles drafting Hurts at least has a tiny bit of merit when you account for Carson's injuries and inconsistent play. The Packers were flat out stupid for picking a QB in round 1. Its lazy to compare these situations.

Aaron Rodger just turned 37 years old.  How much longer do you suppose he could play at this level?  2?  Maybe 3?  Wentz just turned 28.  Theoretically, he has another 5-8 years minimum.

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Aaron Rodger just turned 37 years old.  How much longer do you suppose he could play at this level?  2?  Maybe 3?  Wentz just turned 28.  Theoretically, he has another 5-8 years minimum.

I was just trying to keep it neutral, it was a dumb pick for both teams if I'm being honest. 

On 1/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Uscg-green said:

Foles has really been superb since leaving Philly.......

That's not the point.  Foles wouldn't have skewed the cap the way Wentz' contract did.  If Foles would have underperformed, he could easily have been released without significant repercussions. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:25 AM, RUEagle said:

JJAW over DK

Reagor over Jefferson

trading up for Dillard

Hurts over Chinn or Dobbins effectively destroying Wentz

getting jumped by 1 for Easton Stick then picking the bum from Northwestern 

Getting little out of Barnett and Sidney Jones 

Picking practically no quality LB’s or CB’s over past 3 years.  Forced to trade for Slay and plug in UDFA’s at LB

letting Agholor and Jenkins walk, both who performed significantly better than who we replaced them with.  

Spending a fortune on #2 DT’s in free agent, all of whom have been mediocre.  

Literally picking the only useless RB in the entire 2017 draft in Pumphrey. 

hard to believe this man still has a job.  I don’t think he could’ve done a worse job honestly. 

Howie survived firing 2 Super-bowl winning and 1 successful Head Coaches. That is not natural in the NFL. Hurts is the one thing that they may have accidentally got right. The kid has a lot of potential and under Nick he will only get better.