Rams trade Goff + two 1sts + 3rd to Lions for Stafford

DBW

35 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

God no. He's got an I.Q. of like 63.

True but money wise they could make it an even deal and Carson isn’t exactly peyton manning IQ level. He’s more like Charlie manning (age 23 months) level.  

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Wow.

On the surface the Lions won big...then you realize that they got Goff.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Wow.

On the surface the Lions won big...then you realize that they got Goff.

It's a good deal for the Lions. They weren't going to do much this year anyway. So, even if  Goff stinks, it ensures their own pick is in the top 10.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I never thought Stafford was worth that much. Wow

They definitely overpaid.  At his age,  I would've thought his value would've been a low first rounder and that would be the price in a competitive market.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

They definitely overpaid.  At his age,  I would've thought his value would've been a low first rounder and that would be the price in a competitive market.

My guess would have been a 1st this year and a 2nd next year but not much more than that.

Carson Palmer did get traded to the Raiders at a similar age for two 1st round picks, but even then people remarked that the Raiders overpaid.

5 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

My guess would have been a 1st this year and a 2nd next year but not much more than that.

Carson Palmer did get traded to the Raiders at a similar age for two 1st round picks, but even then people remarked that the Raiders overpaid.

Stafford puts up stats and he looks great in terms of arm strength and size, but he doesn't play well late in games. He isn't clutch. I can only think of one signature win that he has had when he was hurt and he went back in to throw the winning TD.  He's had good WRs over the years: Megatron, Tate,  Golladay, Jones, etc.  The Lions are often in games, but late in the games they don't win. Some of that is definitely on Stafford. It's not like they are getting a guy who has a playoff pedigree.  

I think Goff has about a 4th round value and Stafford has a low first round value. So, maybe you assign another pick to the Lions to help take on Goff's salary and to deal with other teams competing with the trade.  I would say a 1st and a 3rd. We are pretty close in terms of value. But, the Rams definitely overpaid. If they win the SB, then I will admit I'm wrong. I don't see that happening.

40 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

When you think about it, Howie set the bar for this when he traded Bradford to move up and get wentz.  Wizzard! 

43 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Stafford puts up stats and he looks great in terms of arm strength and size, but he doesn't play well late in games. He isn't clutch. I can only think of one signature win that he has had when he was hurt and he went back in to throw the winning TD.  He's had good WRs over the years: Megatron, Tate,  Golladay, Jones, etc.  The Lions are often in games, but late in the games they don't win. Some of that is definitely on Stafford. It's not like they are getting a guy who has a playoff pedigree.  

I think Goff has about a 4th round value and Stafford has a low first round value. So, maybe you assign another pick to the Lions to help take on Goff's salary and to deal with other teams competing with the trade.  I would say a 1st and a 3rd. We are pretty close in terms of value. But, the Rams definitely overpaid. If they win the SB, then I will admit I'm wrong. I don't see that happening.

Stafford is in the top 10 all time in game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Stafford is in the top 10 all time in game winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks....

He has a career losing record.  And Where does he rank in playoff wins? He’s  0-3 if you don’t feel like looking 

• Like 3

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

That surprises me, if that's true. I don't hardly remember any of those games.  Maybe it's against other bottom feeding teams.  I'm going to try to see if I can find a list to see the quality of opponents.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

Where does he rank in playoff wins? 

Who cares

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

That surprises me, if that's true. I don't hardly remember any of those games.  Maybe it's against other bottom feeding teams.  I'm going to try to see if I can find a list to see the quality of opponents.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=StafMa00

Here have fun it's a lot of games to look through lol. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Who cares

🤷🏻‍♂️ Just adding some tidbits to the convo.  If you don’t care that fine.  

Wtf.

Well, I guess that sets the market for Watson @ A Starting QB, 3 first, and a 2nd?

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

Wtf.

Well, I guess that sets the market for Watson @ A Starting QB, 3 first, and a 2nd?

The Texans are pretty stupid though. I mean they:  allowed O'Brien to be a GM... traded Hopkins for an injury prone RB...didn't let their star QB have any input n the coach or GM search (even though they asked him)...and they hired David Culley as their HC. So, they might take less than they should for Watson.  I do think the value for Watson should be equivalent to 4 first round picks. So, that could be a really good player and 3 first rounders or 4 first rounders or a combo of multiple players and first rounders that equal to around that value.