Rams trade Goff + two 1sts + 3rd to Lions for Stafford

DBW

38 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

Hold your horses lads

Wentz's value is more like Goff's and not like Stafford's.

Yeah this makes the market all kinds of Fed.  Stafford has a career losing record with multiple coaches and he had arguably one of the best WRs to ever play the game.  He’s 0-3 in the in the playoffs and he pulls that kind of return?  Goff had the most playoff wins of the 3 and a winning record.  The return on Carson is going to be like nick foles and a 5th then 😂 

• Like 1

Seems like Rams essentially sent Goff + first for Stafford then a first + 3rd for Detroit to take that contract, which Detroit took on Goff’s full contract.

I think both organizations are both losers and winners with this trade. Detroit wasted Stafford’s career and as a franchise have never amounted to anything. But now they have a new regime who has great draft capital and a decent stopgap QB in Goff, I also like their coaching staff. They have a bright future. 

LA gave up multiple high draft picks to trade up for Goff, gave him a massive contract, only to end trading more future first round picks away so a team will take their mistake. At least they have Stafford now, a top 10 QB. Stafford, Donald, Ramsey, Kupp, Woods...that’s some impressive talent to be paired with a smart coach. LA is back to being a big NFC contender, along with serious pressure to win it.

So I guess LA would be main winner in my eyes, just because they have a really strong chance on winning NFC next year 

8 hours ago, DBW said:

The return on Carson is going to be like nick foles 

So what you're saying is.....

Superbowlzzzzzz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Yikes!! Imagine if that was the Eagles and Howie was responsible for the moves. 😬

I don't know if i mind the approach. You trade youth+unknown for a little older+proven.   Their roster is pretty nice.... 

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I never thought Stafford was worth that much. Wow

I consider him somewhat of an Archie Manning. Good quarterback, but his team held him back. I think Stafford could have a big year this year.

I really don't understand wanting Stafford. If I was a Rams fan, I suspect that I'd be pretty pissed at this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I consider him somewhat of an Archie Manning. Good quarterback, but his team held him back. I think Stafford could have a big year this year.

Stafford is definitely better then his record suggests. Is he top 5? No not at all but, he has been on a team with a miserable defense almost his entire time along with no running game up until the last few seasons. 

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Please explain

I’m not a capologist but Goff had a 22m cap hit for this season, 27m salary, Carson was 15m salary and 34m cap hit. Should be a way for them to make all that wash out with salary retention and such.  But it’s a cows opinion right now.  It’s moo. 

18 minutes ago, DBW said:

But it’s a cows opinion right now.  It’s moo. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The more I think about this trade the more I think it's a terrible deal!

It’s awful 😂 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

He's had hall of fame talent to throw to and didn't get it done

53 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He's had hall of fame talent to throw to and didn't get it done

A lot of stats. "Getting it done" would include having a defense, an OL, and a running game. Calvin Johnson was the Barry Sanders of WRs. And the Lions were the Lions in getting talent around him.

I guess one of us will be able to come back and say I told you so if Rams win the SB within the next 2 years 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, What The F said:

I don't know if i mind the approach. You trade youth+unknown for a little older+proven.   Their roster is pretty nice.... 

I was referring to the fact that the Rams haven't had a 1st round pick in quite some time as they keep trading them away.  They do have a good team though. Expensive, but good.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The more I think about this trade the more I think it's a terrible deal!

I feel it's terrible (or not too good) for the Rams and pretty good for the Lions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBW said:

I’m not a capologist but Goff had a 22m cap hit for this season, 27m salary, Carson was 15m salary and 34m cap hit. Should be a way for them to make all that wash out with salary retention and such.  But it’s a cows opinion right now.  It’s moo. 

Nope.  If the Eagles traded for Goff, they would add Goff’s 27m salary to Wentz 34 million cap hit.

44 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I feel it's terrible (or not too good) for the Rams and pretty good for the Lions.

Oh absolutely, if you're the Lions you're delirious right now. You can't believe your lucky stars! That's a huge haul for an older QB who wants out. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DBW said:

He has a career losing record.  And Where does he rank in playoff wins? He’s  0-3 if you don’t feel like looking 

He’s had NO help there. Was listening to a segment about him on the radio the other day and in his entire career he’s had like 11 games where a Lions RB had 100+ yards. That’s over a 12 year career. 

36 minutes ago, nipples said:

He’s had NO help there. Was listening to a segment about him on the radio the other day and in his entire career he’s had like 11 games where a Lions RB had 100+ yards. That’s over a 12 year career. 

Defense has been garbage for awhile too. Having calvin johnson doesn't mean anything, Deandre Hopkins is exhibit A. The fact that Deshaun Watson had his best season without Deandre Hopkins and they still sucked is exhibit B. 

37 minutes ago, nipples said:

He had 6x pro bowler megatron but I understand your point.